Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 27 1 234511 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    9/28/2007 8:11am

Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Bronx, NY: Jose Maldonado @ America`s Finest SD - claiming to be something he's not?

I have nothing against the person i'm about to inform everyone about but I just hate that people are disloyal to the arts and this person is a perfect example of being just that. The reason I started this thread is to warn you all of a person that is making many false claims on his there website. This persons name is a Mr. Jose Maldonado. In his website he is claiming to be an 8th Degree Black Belt in Shin Te Ryu which he claims he founded which is not even a leginamate style ask yourself this my fellow martial artists how can someone go up 2 to 3 levels in ranks within one year reason I say this is because last year on his website his highest rank was a 4th then it was changed to 5th and a year later its an 8th. From the information gathered by many of my sources he apparently bought his rank from a well known Grand Master which will remain nameless out of respect for this person but if you really had honor and respect for the art your represent you would not have given a rank out to someone who didn't put in the time for it. He is also to claiming that he is a 7th Degree Black under San Yami Bushi Jujitsu which is also a false claim which I did confirm with that organinzation that he holds no rank what so ever under that system. I was also able to confirm with some of Vee Jitsu highest Ranking Students that he holds no ranking under Vee Jitsu Ju Jitsu and that he was kicked out of that organization for being disloyal to many teachers of that organization so his ranks were null and void under Vee Jitsu because of all the false claims he was making in his website. Mr. Maldonado also claims on his site that he has recieved various awards from organizations which he list on his site. I did research on the organizations he listed and only found about 4 that actually come up on the world wide web and this organzations do not even do background checks before they give out and award so basically what I'm saying is that anyone that joins this organizations can get an award just by signing up and not really doing anything in the World of Martial Arts. So far this is most of the information I have gathered up on this person. I advise anyone that comes in contact with Mr. Maldonado or his affliates to stay clear of this BS artist because all he wants is to use your Organization and Name for his own gain.

These are the key points of this thread: Jumping 2 to 3 lvls in rank within a year, Making False claims, Buying Ranks without actually earning them and putting in the time and hard work, and Disloyality.

If anyone would like to see his site for yourself here is the link http://americasfinestselfdefenseacad...m/default.aspx

If Bullshido gave out awards for best BS Artists of the Year Award I pretty sure Mr. Maldonado would take it. The way I see it people like this are only out to make a quick dollar using other peoples hard work, I thank all who took the time to read this and hoping that many of you stay on path to becoming really Bushido Warriors. Remember without Loyal and Honor you have nothing in the World of Martial Arts.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/28/2007 8:44am

Style: muay thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hiya samuraixbit. so what prompted you to do this research first of all? do you have any personal history with this guy and if not, how did you find out about him? have you visited his school at all?

Posted On:
    9/28/2007 9:00am

Style: Gracie Barra Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by samuraixbit
    I have nothing against the person i'm about to inform everyone about but I just hate that people are disloyal to the arts and this person is a perfect example of being just that. The reason I started this thread is to warn you all of a person that is making many false claims on his there website. This persons name is a Mr. Jose Maldonado. In his website he is claiming to be an 8th Degree Black Belt in Shin Te Ryu which he claims he founded which is not even a leginamate style ask yourself this my fellow martial artists how can someone go up 2 to 3 levels in ranks within one year reason I say this is because last year on his website his highest rank was a 4th then it was changed to 5th and a year later its an 8th. From the information gathered by many of my sources he apparently bought his rank from a well known Grand Master which will remain nameless out of respect for this person but if you really had honor and respect for the art your represent you would not have given a rank out to someone who didn't put in the time for it. He is also to claiming that he is a 7th Degree Black under San Yami Bushi Jujitsu which is also a false claim which I did confirm with that organinzation that he holds no rank what so ever under that system. I was also able to confirm with some of Vee Jitsu highest Ranking Students that he holds no ranking under Vee Jitsu Ju Jitsu and that he was kicked out of that organization for being disloyal to many teachers of that organization so his ranks were null and void under Vee Jitsu because of all the false claims he was making in his website. Mr. Maldonado also claims on his site that he has recieved various awards from organizations which he list on his site. I did research on the organizations he listed and only found about 4 that actually come up on the world wide web and this organzations do not even do background checks before they give out and award so basically what I'm saying is that anyone that joins this organizations can get an award just by signing up and not really doing anything in the World of Martial Arts. So far this is most of the information I have gathered up on this person. I advise anyone that comes in contact with Mr. Maldonado or his affliates to stay clear of this BS artist because all he wants is to use your Organization and Name for his own gain.

These are the key points of this thread: Jumping 2 to 3 lvls in rank within a year, Making False claims, Buying Ranks without actually earning them and putting in the time and hard work, and Disloyality.

If anyone would like to see his site for yourself here is the link http://americasfinestselfdefenseacad...m/default.aspx

If Bullshido gave out awards for best BS Artists of the Year Award I pretty sure Mr. Maldonado would take it. The way I see it people like this are only out to make a quick dollar using other peoples hard work, I thank all who took the time to read this and hoping that many of you stay on path to becoming really Bushido Warriors. Remember without Loyal and Honor you have nothing in the World of Martial Arts.
    Welcome to the world of bullshido. Next time use paragraphs.
    Eduardo "Why'd you stop."

Me "I was kicked in the head by the guys sparring next to me."

Eduardo "Ino what happened but i didnt say you could stop."

Me "Um.. I guess I keep going."

Eduardo "You dont stop until i say stop, you dont get tired until i say your tired, keep going."

Originally posted by Ralek
    My cousin gave me some tapes of him doing tkd. I learned from those tapes. When I beat up an Akido instructor, and made him take rest breaks, I used TKD. I learned Bjj from watching ufc and pride and then I copied them and wrestled my cousin for practice. I choked him out and he tapped.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/28/2007 9:15am

Style: in hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    From the sound of it, sounds like this guy is pure bullshido. After observing his website, It is very clear that this guy is running a mcdojo.

However, he might be just a guy caught up in this crazy go go world.

Were you once a student of his?

Posted On:
    9/28/2007 9:58am

Style: Mixed-Up Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome to the fine world of Martial Arts. Rank is not that important, but is he capable instructor and can he handle himself is what matters....

Sexiest Punching Bag Alive

Posted On:
    9/28/2007 10:15am

Style: BJJ/Judo/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by samuraixbit

Ummmm...what are you trying to say. I can't understand a damn word of it.

Try actually saying this as it is written "I was also able to confirm with some of Vee Jitsu highest Ranking Students that he holds no ranking under Vee Jitsu Ju Jitsu and that he was kicked out of that organization for being disloyal to many teachers of that organization so his ranks were null and void under Vee Jitsu because of all the false claims he was making in his website.".

Wow, that's a mouthful. However, I picked this one because I find it interesting. How exactly did they remove any skill they taught him from his brain? I mean, I'm a blue belt in bjj. If my coach told me he revokes my rank, how does he really revoke it? I'm thinking anal probe, but I'm not 100% sure.
    Last edited by FictionPimp; 9/28/2007 10:18am at .
    "a martial art that has no rules is nothing but violence" - Kenji Tomiki

Posted On:
    9/28/2007 12:55pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by romeyroam
    hiya samuraixbit. so what prompted you to do this research first of all? do you have any personal history with this guy and if not, how did you find out about him? have you visited his school at all?
    My reason for this was not out of person reason like I stated in the beginning of my thread I have no personal grudge against the guy. He insulted many of the Respected Teachers Grand Masters I had studied under which I will not list. No I was never a student of his and I had observed a few of his classes which were poorly taught.

Posted On:
    9/28/2007 12:56pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by boondock lee
    From the sound of it, sounds like this guy is pure bullshido. After observing his website, It is very clear that this guy is running a mcdojo.

However, he might be just a guy caught up in this crazy go go world.

Were you once a student of his?
    No never and never intend to be I rather quit Martial Arts together before that

Posted On:
    9/28/2007 1:04pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FictionPimp

Try actually saying this as it is written "I was also able to confirm with some of Vee Jitsu highest Ranking Students that he holds no ranking under Vee Jitsu Ju Jitsu and that he was kicked out of that organization for being disloyal to many teachers of that organization so his ranks were null and void under Vee Jitsu because of all the false claims he was making in his website.".

Wow, that's a mouthful. However, I picked this one because I find it interesting. How exactly did they remove any skill they taught him from his brain? I mean, I'm a blue belt in bjj. If my coach told me he revokes my rank, how does he really revoke it? I'm thinking anal probe, but I'm not 100% sure.
    Well of course there is no way you can take away knowledge from a person but who is to say the person had any in the first place and if you look at his website where in there do you see him actually showing anything to anyone everything is done by someone else.

The way its revoked is that he can no longer make claims that he studied, Claim Rank or post on his website that he teaches the System he has been revoked from.

Posted On:
    9/28/2007 2:58pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FictionPimp

Seems pretty clear to me what the guy is trying to say. If I remember correctly you got called on a thread where you posted no proof about claims made, meanwhile this guy has presented some proof of his claim. Furthermore the guy has diplomatically not pulled in people he thinks are not responsible and made a statement that can easily be subsantiated regarding this guys membership and expulsion from a group based on rank inflation.

I don't know anything about this guy but from what the creator of this thread has presented I now know the following:

1) The guy looks slick in a suit

2) He seems to like to mug for the camera... yet there is precious little footage of him doing anything related to the martial arts technique wise.... that always makes me a bit suspicious.... I mean if you have pictures of you with every grandmaster from here to timbuktu and no videos of technique?

I think more proof of the circumstances regarding expolsion should be made clear as a next step but IMO this thread has merit.
Page 1 of 27 1 234511 ... LastLast