Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/01/2007 8:49am

Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've contacted a rep from the Ottawa Public School Board. They have policies in place to question and investigate anyone wanting to disseminate advertising through the schools and there is a fee charged to any enterprise wanting to do so. It involves the board, the school, PTA, and police liaison officer attached to the different schools.
    As I suspect they are off property and handing out flyers, a report should be made to the police who will gladly involve themselves. If anyone knows of a school that is supporting this programme, let me know and I'll ask some of my Tim Horton buddies to pass info to the proper liaison officer.

Old1o1
    Marvel without a mask.
    Brought to You by the Number 8, anf the letter W

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/01/2007 11:45pm

Style: MMA/BJJ/Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

FYI

You can contact the School Resource Officer with the Police directly if need be if you know or have concerns of this activity, all you need is the School name...SRO`s are anti-crime Officers and directly work within the schools in their zones....

Apparantly FSD has been hit hard by Bullshido, and have lost many students, and many seniors.

Not surprised that they are finding anyway to keep the cashflow high....

Rumor has it that the Cage issue...is going to have them get involved in MMA via Therien schools in Ottawa....there is a combined Therien/FSD school on Industrial..

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/04/2007 7:24am

Style: Jeet Kune Do / MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I personally think it would be fanf*ckingtabulus if arts like Fang Shen Do actually did teach self confidence.

Then the people taking Fang Sh#t Do would have the balls to stand up to the Sifools scowling looks and ask for refunds, martial arts related questions such as the real history of FSD and why the **** are we doing Heart Attack Closes and Canadian Grappling?

That in itself would be poetic justice :)
    Last edited by Slug; 10/04/2007 3:28pm at .

Keeeeee-Yeah!

Posted On:
    10/04/2007 10:25pm

Style: Whoo-Hoo-Fu!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Whatever, if they take more stupid kids out of the loop who cares? I mean really the type of geniuses they recruit, Sebastian "I'm compensating for something" Le Beast Man for example, don't strike me as the kind of people who last more than one class on the mat at a 'real school'. They're the type of guys you have the girl who wrestled in highschool work over on the mat.

TKD

THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

"Ladies and gentlemen, the pilot has instructed everyone to sit the **** down and shut the **** up." Henry Rollins

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/05/2007 12:12pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TKD Black Belt
    Whatever, if they take more stupid kids out of the loop who cares?
    TKD
    Exactly.

Things being equal a smart fighter will beat a stupid fighter both on the mat
    and in the street.

This is going to be interesting!

A big part of the attraction to the MMA is that it's tested live
    like Brian Paquette's face, hehe and in a wide variety of circumstances.

It gets better all the time (it has to) so it doesn't need to hype itself.
    Like certain MAs.

FSD is trying to piggyback on MMA cred to get more buckaroos;
    what's going to happen when they get called
    on it and actually have to step up?

Regards,
    JackB

The Bottom Brick

Posted On:
    10/09/2007 10:20am

Style: BJJ, Ju-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Can anyone post an example of a Public School where FSD has set up or is in close association with?

This might be a red herring.
    "Sifu, I"m niether - I'm a fire dragon so don't **** with me!"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/09/2007 5:36pm

Style: BJJ ultra-noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Askari
    Can anyone post an example of a Public School where FSD has set up or is in close association with?

South Carleton High School. Atleast in 2006, according to this newsletter.

See link http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache...lnk&cd=2&gl=ca

Quote Originally Posted by SCHS "Home of the Storm" Newsletter
    Senior Phys. Ed.
    students will be receiving special instruction in Self Defense in December, from Scott Hillís Richmond Kung Fu.
    Though, I don't think in this case it's quite as "targetted" as the original poster suggests.

Posted On:
    10/29/2007 1:38pm

Style: Former FSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Askari

South Carleton. Scott Hill has been an instructor in their Physical Education classes in the past. He has also coached football there in the past. It is a natural fit as his school is less than five minutes from there. I am sure there are other schools in this situation as well - close proximity to an FSD location = easy draw for kids.

TKD - I am not so sure that the issue is FSD recruiting idiot kids. As n00b has pointed out from time to time, they have a cool logo. Kids are all about logos. Plus, kids equate expensive with good. Since FSD is expensive, it must be good. It has been noted many times in the forums that FSD does a great job at making you feel welcome and part of the family until they have you by your purse strings. :evil5: Most teenagers need to feel welcome and part of something. They do that well. I would suggest "unsuspecting" might be a better way of describing it. Even Sebastien "The Beast" could turn out to be a good fighter if he were introduced to a good system.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/31/2007 11:13am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by greenguy
    TKD - I am not so sure that the issue is FSD recruiting idiot kids. As n00b has pointed out from time to time, they have a cool logo. Kids are all about logos. Plus, kids equate expensive with good. Since FSD is expensive, it must be good.
    Ahhh, I'm not TKD, and maybe it's just me, but anyone who joins an MA school only because of a cool logo and expensive fees isn't exactly scholarship material.

...but they'll find that out for themselves, one way or another.

Regards,
    Jack Burton

Posted On:
    11/01/2007 10:12am

Style: Former FSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JackBurton
    Ahhh, I'm not TKD, and maybe it's just me, but anyone who joins an MA school only because of a cool logo and expensive fees isn't exactly scholarship material.

...but they'll find that out for themselves, one way or another.

Regards,
    Jack Burton
    Sorry about that Jack. I would agree with you IF those kids actually knew anything. For a first time MA practitioner, FSD offers a great show. They offer the promise of belonging and kicking ass. As you mention, they do find out eventually.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12