Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/28/2007 2:31am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Researching

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Fang Shen Do Update: They're setting up next to High Schools.

You know what they're fucking doing now? They're setting up next to highschools with the intent of recruiting HS althletes. Look into buying a franchise, its ACTUALLY ORGANIZED BY SCHOOLS!!!!!!!! (Literally, thats how they decide to put in new classes, right by high schools)

Fucking slimeballs.

Makes me fucking sick.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/28/2007 2:42am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A fake Kung Fu group.

http://www.fangshendo.com/about.html

Don't ever give your money to a slimeball like this.

Do a search here for FSD.......read them all......

The Bottom Brick

Posted On:
    9/28/2007 6:51am

Style: BJJ, Ju-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hello Student 1980,

What exactly are they doing near High Schools? If they are handing out pamphlets can you get a copy?
    "Sifu, I"m niether - I'm a fire dragon so don't **** with me!"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/28/2007 1:09pm

Style: Grappling/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Student1980...Thanks for your input but we need more to work with here. How did you find out about this?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/28/2007 7:26pm

Style: BJJ ultra-noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I really haven't seen or heard anything about setting up next to high schools, but I believe targeting teenage male demographic is in line for FSD - and I'm not saying having a target demographic is a bad thing (just here's my bias, the target demographic for FSD, being the angsty teenage male is the same group that want to be ninjers when they grow up).

Scott Hill, I believe has been involved at teaching FSD at the local high school (for a Phys Ed unit I think, if I'm wrong please someone correct me) , and when I was there at the Richmond location atleast 1/3 (if not 1/2 or more) actually got involved via the high school route. Now, these kids that get involved see the same tier marketing that the rest of the regulars do, just I think they are more likely to buy into the b.s.

It could be that he's had success doing this, and sifu's are emulating this.

It's another way to make money, like having an after-school program. I'm not against an after school program (that I posted about in a different thread), but claiming that it's an award winning program with no award to back it up, then it's promoting untruths to bring in customers (also not mentioning that it's Patenaude Kung Fu or FSD on the flyers, and pushing on the spot sales packages so that potential buyers cannot make an informed decision).

There's one thing to make money, another to do it with very questionable ethics and a very questionable product.

Do you have more details about this highschool targeting?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/28/2007 8:40pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can go down and pick up some pamphlets and scan them tomorrow. Sorry about my spastic approch to this thread last night, I was a wee bit inebreated.

If you go through their website looking to buy a franchise, they tell you to pick a school (high school). I guess each gym is associated with a high school.

Actually...their site is down for a redesign atm. Try calling them and pretend you're interested in buying a franchise and see where the conversation goes.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/29/2007 2:43am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And don't underestimate the inherent and unstoppable drive to compete. You're all athletes, you know what I'm talking about.

There is no way two schools existed within the same distance that allowed them to know each other existed without competing.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/29/2007 2:46am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Damnit, I had too many windows open. That last response was meant for another thread.

Sorry for being a dumbass. :(

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/29/2007 4:48am

Style: TMA, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Still, it applies to this thread. It sounds like a bullshido group is preying upon overly hormonal teenage boys to make money. Judgment is still reserved until I have more info.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/29/2007 11:02pm

Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Got a high school name?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast