Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/28/2007 9:34am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I see several problems:

A. Funding. Where does the money comes from? I'm not satisfied with the answer "mcdojo".

B. No way, with all the styles out there, will anyone anywhere agree to who would actually serve on such a commission. I don't want a group of mutual masturbaters who hand each other awards for being awake telling my school what we should and shouldn't do. And let's face it, those jokes sure as hell don't want combat-oriented schools telling them what to do.

C. Where is the control? How does one become "approved"? What does "approval" mean? Can you teach without "approval"? What happens if you do? Is it a crime? An administrative fine? This is a government snafu.

We already have state athletic commissions to run pro events, I suggest we leave it that way and let the schools be. The governement has no place on the mat, IMO.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/28/2007 10:06am

Style: karate,judo,JJ,Aikido,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In the very unlikely event that something like this could be pulled off you run the risk of it becoming corrupted.

It may run good to start with but then you will have some of the judges get greedy and start taking bribes to approve a style no matter how bad it is .

Also you would run into ego problems. Instructors would/could get the attitude that " what makes these guys think they can tell me if my style is good or not?"

All in all it is a wonderful idea and I would be behind it 100% ...but too many things would go wrong and it would fail probably within the first year ..if that long.

Posted On:
    9/28/2007 10:34am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Would a Martial Arts commission work? No. But it would still be hella funny if I was on one.

Posted On:
    9/28/2007 12:48pm

Style: Inept BJJer

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "My martial art is so d34dly, the comission even tried to ban it."

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/28/2007 1:12pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You know someone would do that.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/28/2007 1:38pm

Style: Taekwondo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why would you want to give the government that kind of power? I am a big believer in small government. I don't think that any governing body should be able to tell me where I can and cannot train, and who I can train with. It opens the door to far too much abuse. The best that we can do is continue to use sites like this one to get the word out, and let people decide for themselves what training is best for them. That is how things should be anyway. Everything politicians touch turns to ****. I am happy that they have not tried to regulate MA, yet.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12