Page 2 of 2 First 12
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    2 days of strength training per week is more than enough to train your CNS efficiency. 3 days every 2 weeks is also enough, etc etc. Don't buy the Muscle and Mythness hype.
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Macho, I'm pretty sure he was referring to this:
    Quote Originally Posted by sjc
    About the upper body one day/lower body the next day thing, a body builder suggested working one muscle group to exhaustion one day and then giving it a week to rest. He said that's how he trains anyway.

But maybe I shouldn't listen to him since I'm not trying to bulk up, just become stronger.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh ****, I guess I jumped the gun. gangrelchilde, sorry dude.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    didn't see the offensive post, no big deal.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I thought you were saying Emevas' advise was bad (rather than the bodybuilder sjc was referring to), so I was giving you 48 hours to explain before sending your post to the purgatory :tongue3:
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas
    I don't understand your logic. You're concerned that 2 days of full body work won't be enough, so your plan is to only work your upper body 1 day week and your lower body 1 day a week? That's even less training.

It sounds like you don't really have a great routine for your goals. You might want to try sticking to big movements for low reps and high sets.

Here's an example of something that'll work for yu.

Monday:
    Squat
    Bench
    Pull-up

Friday:
    Deadlift
    Overhead press
    Bent over row

Pick a weight you can do for 5 reps on each weight and try to do 5 full sets of 5 reps with it, keeping the same weight on every set. Do this until you can do 5 full sets, then increase the weight 5 lbs and start over. Every 3 weeks, do only 70% of the total volume, to give your CNS a chance to rest, then start the whole process over.
    By volume do you mean weight or do fewer reps, or both?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh El Macho
    I thought you were saying Emevas' advise was bad (rather than the bodybuilder sjc was referring to), so I was giving you 48 hours to explain before sending your post to the purgatory :tongue3:
    ahhh, I'm guessing you said something to someone behind my back :p

Will use quote button better next time, promise.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kwoww
    By volume do you mean weight or do fewer reps, or both?
    Fewer total reps. So if you're doing 5 full sets of 5 reps, you're doing 25 total reps, so 70% of that would be 3 sets of 5 or 5 sets of 3 (roughly), or however else you want to work it.
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

Page 2 of 2 First 12