218316 Bullies, 5978 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 6 1 2345 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Enforcer of Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc.

Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class

Posted On:
    9/27/2007 12:36pm

supporting member
     Style: Kaju, BJJ, Judo, Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Grappling and Jiu-Jitsu banned in PA!

http://www.grapplers.com/zone/news.c...s_story_id=210

Philadelphia GQ Cancelled by PA State Athletic Commission

Did you know Submissions were illegal in Pennsylvania?

Unfortunately, we didn't either, but with the pressure of the pending approval of Mixed Martial Arts in the State of Pennsylvania, the Athletic Commission, most likely, doesn't want to risk any injuries in any type of event involving submissions and unfortunately, Submission Grappling (and our event) gets the bad end of the stick.

Hopefully, once the official legislation of MMA comes through for PA, Submission Grappling and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu events will be allowed in their State once again, because it would be a shame to never be able to host a grappling event in PA. The Pennsylvania State Athletic Commissioner, Greg Sirb is a good guy and he is working hard to get our Combat Sports approved with his State, so I'm sure one day, we'll be back.

I'd like to personally thank members of the New Jersey State Athletic Commission, Phil Migliarese and the entire Balance Studios Family, and Olympic Judo Gold Medalist for placing calls on our behalf to the PA State Athletic Director, Greg Sirb.

We scrambled to find some alternate venues in New Jersey, but in the height of basketball season, venues are few and far between. I'm very sad to announce the official cancellation of our November 10th-11th event scheduled in Philadelphia.

Again, I'm very sorry for the inconvenience and disappointment, obviously, we are as shocked and upset as anyone, but in the event promotion business, sometimes things like this happen and must continue to move forward. We promise to continue to work harder and ensure this never occurs again and hope everyone will continue to support us for many years to come.

If you pre-registered and would like a refund OR you can use the credit towards any future event of your choice PLUS get a FREE Grapplers Quest DVD and T-Shirt, please email: President@Grapplers.com

See everyone on October 6th at Grapplers Quest in NEW JERSEY!
    Knowing is not enough, you must apply...
    ...Willing is not enough you must do
    ~Bruce Lee

Enforcer of Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc.

Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class

Posted On:
    9/27/2007 12:37pm

supporting member
     Style: Kaju, BJJ, Judo, Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok this is just flat out insulting. Not only is MMA one of the safest combat sports in history, but now they are banning things associated WITH MMA? And of all those things they could ban (Boxing, Kickboxing, Muay Thai, Judo; all sports known for causing at least injuries) they BAN BJJ!???? What the ****!?

God damn this pisses me off so much. So much stupidity in the world.
    Knowing is not enough, you must apply...
    ...Willing is not enough you must do
    ~Bruce Lee

Pingo

Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class

Posted On:
    9/27/2007 12:38pm

Style: BJJ & Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What the bullshit? What about judo competitions then?

What exactly was their justification for this stupid ****?

Registered Member

Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    9/27/2007 1:01pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    what the ****, that's retarded

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class1 year registered25000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    9/27/2007 1:07pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ViciousFlamingo
    What the bullshit? What about judo competitions then?

What exactly was their justification for this stupid ****?
    Dude, you took the words out of my mouth. And what about wrestling?

I mean, c'mon, how much more stupid can this get????
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Lightweight

Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    9/27/2007 1:08pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/VT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was bummed to find this out, i was planning on heading up there to compete.
    :angry2:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/27/2007 1:10pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm the one who alerted KF to this one earlier today on MAP. I got this email from my coach, went to the Grappler's Quest Website, and there it was in black and white. This is BULLSHIT. What really gets me is that I was planing on this one as it's convenient in both location (I live 2 hours outside of Philly) and timing (I'm off the following monday for veteran's day).

I don't understand the logic. How can you prove to the State Athletic Commission that Sub Grappling is safe and therefore MMA is safe and should be sanctioned by pulling all sub grappling competitions?!?!? What reject thought this one up????

solves problems with violence

Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation First ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    9/27/2007 1:16pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KempoFist
    Ok this is just flat out insulting. Not only is MMA one of the safest combat sports in history, but now they are banning things associated WITH MMA? And of all those things they could ban (Boxing, Kickboxing, Muay Thai, Judo; all sports known for causing at least injuries) they BAN BJJ!???? What the ****!?

God damn this pisses me off so much. So much stupidity in the world.
    see, what you need to do is go to the commisioner's office and put him in a jointlock and show him how safe it is ;)
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

BJJ Suckee

Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    9/27/2007 1:17pm

Style: Relson GJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was planning on competing in this one too :(. Fucking peices of ****.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/27/2007 1:19pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, God forbid we get any convenient tournaments here in Pennsyltucky. This is really screwing over folks like myself who don't live close to the major metropolitan areas outside of PA. I guess I could do Baltimore, but it's a pain in the ass on principle.

Oh, yeah, it's Domino from MAP, hey Wombat and anyone else who missed my name change over there.
Page 1 of 6 1 2345 ... LastLast