Page 1 of 2 12 Last

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

How do you recover from sparring soreness?

Massages? Supplements? Saying **** it and train while sore anyway?

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Depends how much sore you are dude. You should be taking glutamine regularly, though (that helps with recovery).

If you can get a regular appo with a massage therapist (plus monthly/bimonthly check ups with a chiro), that will do wonders. Get a massage therapist to work the erector spinae (the muscles that run along your spine), neck, glutes/hips, shoulder blades, traps and the triceps. Man, you feel like new and ready to rock-and-roll the day after.

If you get a massage therapist, make a precise list of what bothers you the most and have him/her work on it.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    *** can someone move this to the PT forums, pretty pleeze? ***
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ZMA and Glutamine

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I massage myself right when I get hurt. I find that makes a massive difference to how sore I'll be the next day. Right now, I'm training injured, and that's a regular thing for me.

If nothing hurts, you're doing something wrong.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracky McSlugHoot
    I massage myself

No, seriously though, I like hot showers and back rubs with aspircream.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Track coach always said to stretch very well. It works really.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If it's just soreness and not pain from injuries... soak in a hot bath before going to bed.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Side question. Cracky, seeing as I can't PM as I'm a noob, and seeing that this is still the Newbie discussion, how did you get fired from Bullshido staff? Just curious

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I compared the staff to the German army allowing Hitler to take power. It was hilarious. Trolling the mod forum was good while it lasted.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last