Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/26/2007 11:42am

Style: BJJ - SBGi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Ninja body triangle defence!

So last night in class we were drilling mounts, getting them, leaving them, the works... Well There was one position where the guy on the bottom would bump to escape and instead of riding it, or taking his back we sort of sat into a combat base with our knee on the ground along side his back, and our other leg over the side of his body. From there we could grab around the neck and through an arm to brase and pull him backward taking the back and getting our leg hooks in ( God I hope that made sense...)

The question I have and the important part of the story is that once we have their back, it felt natural to me, and I have seen this done many times, to get a body triangle to control him. NOW is where the ninja's shot in from the ceeling with their smoke balls.... Once I had my coach in a body triangle (which at the time I thought was safe) he leaned back and somehow almost subb'd me while i had his back. It was like preassure on my ankle, but I still didn't see how he got it? TOTAL ninja technique if you ask me, and we all kinda cracked up when I called it that. I didn't have time to pick his brain really, as I had to leave right after I rolled with him. He is one of our purple belts.

Does anyone know this technique? or a move I am trying to describe?

Posted On:
    9/26/2007 12:12pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sounds like you crossed your ankles while having his back. Do not do that, and you will be fine. Ask him about it.

I Ducked Out on a Gong Sau

Posted On:
    9/26/2007 12:18pm

Style: Gentleman Adventurer

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you had the body triangle, then he probably put pressure on the foot underneath the knee to apply that weird footlock.

Make sure your body triangle is active and you're not just laying there. Move around when he moves to keep control and keep your feet safe.

At least I think that's what you're saying.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/26/2007 1:39pm

Style: Baboo Baby

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Were you on top with his back or was he?

Pseudo-Scrambler Extraordinaire

Posted On:
    9/26/2007 2:24pm

supporting member
     Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is pretty basic, but it doesn't work as well on certain body types for certain body types

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUnYDMXcsKo
    Last edited by M-Tri; 9/26/2007 2:27pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/26/2007 3:40pm

Style: BJJ - SBGi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Awesome, thanks for the response guys... I figured being active and not really committing to the triangle is the best option... but in the event I catch someone making my mistake I wanted to try it out :).

I was facing his back.