Page 52 of 152 FirstFirst ... 2424849505152 5354555662102 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/02/2007 10:54am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    overtherainbow, you have not answered my question as to what is your profession. You posted you were asking these particular questions from me for professional reasons. So what is your profession?

HerLesson, I assumed your question was rhetorical since you said you are quite certain that I am associated with LWS or COL. You then asked if I am an attorney or with the government which I found illogical. In fact many of your posts seem illogical to me. I don't understand how your husband continues to work for this organization given what you said. If I was told by my employer to break a brick with my hand and if I had no training, I would refuse to do it. If that resulted in termination of my employement, that would be ok and I would probably welcome it since termination for not breaking a brick would not stand up well in court unless of course my job was to break bricks with my hand. This action plus the others you mention plus as of June he still works there (your post on a 2 day meeting he attended) don't make sense.

My profession is engineering to directly answer your last question.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/02/2007 12:14pm

Style: JSW

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    HerLesson, I'll admit I'm also curious why your husband continues to work for Lighthouse. Is the pay good? (Mine wasn't.) Is the work interesting? (Mine was.) Does he feel loyalty to other employees? (I did.) Is he having a difficult time finding another job? (I didn't.) Has he been partially taken in? (I was, fully.) Is he the type who believes in leaving with honor by tying up all the loose ends first? (I am.)

Given the history of what TYK has done, you're fortunate to still be married. How do you cope with your husband's work situation, aside from venting here with us?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/02/2007 12:15pm

Style: Tae Kwon Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    overtherainbow, here you go again assuming...I did want to know what your profession was, possibly for an explanation for why you were so interested in my postings particularly.

And you continue to assume facts, whether my husband still works for LWS would concern you how? Now I'm even more confused, you state your profession as engineering, so why the diary of my postings? The more you post, the more you do not make any sense.

What is your purpose to state what you would or wouldn't do? I not interested in would've, could've, should've, I'm only interested in facts.

You know the saying about assuming....
    Last edited by HerLesson; 11/02/2007 3:31pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/02/2007 12:23pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by overtherainbow
    Do you work for one of Lighthouse's customers?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/02/2007 1:45pm

Style: My Own Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by overtherainbow
    overtherainbow, you have not answered my question as to what is your profession. You posted you were asking these particular questions from me for professional reasons. So what is your profession?

HerLesson, I assumed your question was rhetorical since you said you are quite certain that I am associated with LWS or COL. You then asked if I am an attorney or with the government which I found illogical. In fact many of your posts seem illogical to me. I don't understand how your husband continues to work for this organization given what you said. If I was told by my employer to break a brick with my hand and if I had no training, I would refuse to do it. If that resulted in termination of my employement, that would be ok and I would probably welcome it since termination for not breaking a brick would not stand up well in court unless of course my job was to break bricks with my hand. This action plus the others you mention plus as of June he still works there (your post on a 2 day meeting he attended) don't make sense.

OverTheRainbow -

I have to agree with HerLesson. The statements you make are those of an atttorney on the attack. There is no reason to bring her husband into this either, other than you are setting up a set of reasons why he should not continue to work for LWS. You are making a very convoluted situation even more so, and obfuscating the issue by your arguments. This is the methodology of an attorney in front of a jury, tearing down a witness, and thereby making her testimony not to be credible.

To gratuitously state that HerLesson's posts are for the most part illogical doesn't sit well with me. You seem too well versed in legal procedures and courtroom testimony to be just an engineer.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/02/2007 2:01pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bemused
    HerLesson, I'll admit I'm also curious why your husband continues to work for Lighthouse. Is the pay good? (Mine wasn't.) Is the work interesting? (Mine was.) Does he feel loyalty to other employees? (I did.) Is he having a difficult time finding another job? (I didn't.) Has he been partially taken in? (I was, fully.) Is he the type who believes in leaving with honor by tying up all the loose ends first? (I am.)

Given the history of what TYK has done, you're fortunate to still be married. How do you cope with your husband's work situation, aside from venting here with us?
    Bemused -

Whatever HerLesson's husband's reasons are for staying with LWS probably aren't our business and we shouldn't inquire, anymore than we should have curiosity about a marital relationship. I think that's between the two of them and we should avoid the subject.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    11/02/2007 2:03pm

supporting member
     Style: Jung SuWOn

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Looks like we have someone else to ignore online here. overtherainbow you speak double speak, so you probably are in the legal profession. I like that last sentence, My profession is engineering to directly answer your last question . Most people would answer that question....I'm an engineer. Which, might I add, is a broad list of jobs. Sounds like Sanitation engineer to me. Just too much crap.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/02/2007 2:07pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathy Kim
    Looks like we have someone else to ignore online here. overtherainbow you speak double speak, so you probably are in the legal profession. I like that last sentence, My profession is engineering to directly answer your last question . Most people would answer that question....I'm an engineer. Which, might I add, is a broad list of jobs. Sounds like Sanitation engineer to me. Just too much crap.
    OverTheRainbow is "engineering" a situation.
    I won't put him on ignore, I rather enjoy his argumentation

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/02/2007 2:14pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just to change to subject and to backtrack a bit -

A question was posed at one time whether TYK told anyone she was the second coming here in Vermont. I never heard her say that directly, but I do remember one thing she said - that when she was seven years old she amazed her teachers by her wisdom. If you remember your Bible school stories, that is EXACTLY what was said about Jesus as a child. So I guess she was starting her messiah journey right here in VT.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/02/2007 2:48pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Failed Student
    Bemused -

Whatever HerLesson's husband's reasons are for staying with LWS probably aren't our business and we shouldn't inquire, anymore than we should have curiosity about a marital relationship. I think that's between the two of them and we should avoid the subject.
    Many of us on this board have asked questions of each other, and many of us have revealed personal information. I don't believe there is harm in asking, if there is no negative intent.

However, folks on this board also have a right to privacy, and it's perfectly okay not to answer a question and not to reveal one's identity or personal information.

HerLesson, I'm still curious, but if you can't or don't want to answer, that's okay.

I've tended to give OvertheRainbow the benefit of the doubt, like I do most newbies, but your caution is understandable. Asking more than one reveals is suspicious.