Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/19/2008 2:59pm

Style: My Own Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathy Kim
    Isn't it funny when things go wrong tyk changes names of things? Like her name..like ATC to JSW I believe she changed Lighthouse's name too. Now she has changed COL? Like everyone doesn't know the cover up. Like it makes everything go away.? She sure lives in her own world. But I bet in that world of hers she is really afraid. She has burnt too many crosses. Each day, she gets closer to judgement day. I sure wouldn't want to have to answer for her sins. Her instructors won't be able to take the load for her. They are making their own load. tyk, how long are you going to gamble with eternal damnation?
    I'm asking you, please, what you are doing is wrong and you know it. Don't let this season pass without making amends. Mortal sins abound in your life. You know what they give you. It is not right that you have them worship you like a God. Besides that, the meek shall inherit the earth.
    I think you mean she has burnt too many "bridges" Kathy, not "crosses" - unless she's joined forces with the KKK.

You have to realize that megalomaniacs exist in an environment where they truly believe they are right and the rest of the world is wrong. In so doing, they draw all their adherents into that sphere with them and close the door to the outside. SHS actually stated to me that he hated going "out there", that the only place he wanted to be was within her environment. MBF stated that his only friends were within ATC. So there is a "folie a plusieurs" situation, and they all share the same delusions.

Asking TYK to make amends is impossible, especially since she has herself on a par with Jesus, or the Messiah, or whatever second coming there may be. Who is she going to throw herself on the mercy of?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/19/2008 3:22pm

Style: My Own Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Victims who break free of their abusers engender the anger of their former tormentors. Once one no longer is under another's control, the abuser still wants that control. That's where vengeance and stalking and vandalism come into play. The abuser needs to have that former victim be the object of that control in order to have a sense of power.

I think this is the reason TYK tried to locate me and "make me feel fear" after so many years, why she pursues AG with a vengeance, and why she tried so hard to get SE back into her domain.

TYK cannot let go. Abusers of all persuasions continue in their pursuit for many years. This can be seen in ex-partners, ex-spouses, child molesters, sex offenders, and so on. It's obsessive to the point of excluding any normal activity.

There is no simple resolution to this situation. Other than trying to get on as best one can with one's own life and at the same time taking normal precautions for one's personal safety, I have no suggestions. Hopefully in time the abuser will tire of the chase and sublimate or otherwise divert their energy into some other channel.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/19/2008 6:39pm

Style: JSW

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicabonita
    And I like how Sarah asks us to follow the Golden Rule and ask how we would feel if we were in Tae Yun Kim's position with her information being broadcasted. Well, we were. She passed out our Social Security numbers, addresses and e-mail addresses around, even AFTER we left. Sarah talks about moving on. But Tae Yun Kim apparently doesn't move on as she has kept personal information about people available AFTER they left. That list was specifically labeled "The **** List". Looks like Tae Yun Kim has a grudge against those that left her. They can delete or burn that list all they want but another copy with names and e-mail addresses still exists. I saw it with my own eyes.

Sarah was also the one who was responsible for collecting our personal data such as our heights and weights while were in COL as well as other information while we were in COL. She was also responsible for forwarding our journals to Tae Yun Kim. There have been times where Sarah has known more about my issues than I told her. Was it because she read my journals and highlighted stuff for TYK ???
    What constitutes "personal information" is an interesting question. I'm sure that abusive spouses, pedophiles, and embezzlers would love to argue that their criminal behavior is "private" and therefore off limits to the law and the press. The Fourth Amendment to the Consititution only states that unwarranted searches and seizures are illegal. It does NOT create a protected sphere in which people can commit crimes with impunity. Privacy ends when people get hurt.

When free speech and privacy rights are in conflict, which wins out partly depends on whether the subject is considered a public figure. One of the costs of fame is that you have to put up with a certain amount of intrusion, criticism, and parody. And TYK has it easy compared to someone like Britney Spears.

Relationships with one's immediate family are considered private, such that spouses can't be compelled to testify against each other in court. Certain other relationships, such as attorney/client and doctor/patient, are considered confidential, but only for the professional, such as the attorney or doctor. TYK's COL students don't qualify as family, despite her talk about being a spiritual "mother," and if the teacher/student relationship compels anyone to confidentiality, it is her, not her students. But of course, although TYK promises confidentiality, she violates it routinely.

TYK is a public figure who has emotionally abused and financially drained her COL students. The public has a right to know about her unethical actions. SAK asks if it's fair for anonymous ex-COL students to expose TYK. So I ask, was it fair of TYK to present COL dishonestly and then demand all we could give once we joined?

Welterweight

Posted On:
    3/19/2008 6:40pm

supporting member
     Style: Jung SuWOn

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Failed Student
    I think you mean she has burnt too many "bridges" Kathy, not "crosses" - unless she's joined forces with the KKK.

You have to realize that megalomaniacs exist in an environment where they truly believe they are right and the rest of the world is wrong. In so doing, they draw all their adherents into that sphere with them and close the door to the outside. SHS actually stated to me that he hated going "out there", that the only place he wanted to be was within her environment. MBF stated that his only friends were within ATC. So there is a "folie a plusieurs" situation, and they all share the same delusions.

Asking TYK to make amends is impossible, especially since she has herself on a par with Jesus, or the Messiah, or whatever second coming there may be. Who is she going to throw herself on the mercy of?
    I meant to say "crosses" as she thinks herself a "God" and has people worship her and her pictures and everything else about her. She thinks she is so sacred. But those with true belief in God know her for what she really is.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    3/20/2008 12:42am

supporting member
     Style: Jung SuWOn

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good thing AG has broad shoulders. Looks like he is blamed for everything.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/20/2008 4:53am

Style: TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicabonita
    Tae Yun Kim lives in America. Here in the US the concept of privacy doesn't really apply to "celebrities" aka "public figures". She wanted the fame and recognition and now is the time to deal with the consequences of that.
    Seriously! You wanted to be a public figure, act like it! I am tired of her playing the victim. I am tired of COL using the same rhetoric as she does. If you have something to say, say it in your own voice.
    Sarah, verbal abuse and physical abuse are two different things, you should know the difference by now. If jacob physically hurt you it would have to have been in JSW class because thats the only time anyone got physical. If that is the case that doesnt say much for your black belt. And its sad that you read all of this so closely yet you ignore all the honest questions and only choose to respond when someone comments on her physical features. I agree with you that the talk about her looks and features has no place on here. But then again this is about everyone's personal experiences and they can write whatever they please. You will learn to ignore it. In fact I'm suprised you are reading this right now, since you think everyone here is an idiot.
    You can not say that you are objective either. Remember when my sister (who you've known for 15+ years) called you after she found out my mom was in the hospital and instead of talking to her like a person you just said "who?" Way to be adult about the situation. You can't be objective, you live there. You only admit to the good and ignore the bad. At least I can admit to there being really good and really bad times there. If you are getting angry then tell me where I am wrong about what I am posting? Or are you not mad about what I am posting, youre just angry at the fact that I am posting.
    I know that you know that COL seems strange to "outsiders". Like with that e-mail you sent around before a film crew came by, it said to "take down all of the pictures of GM" because people wouldn't understand..and so on. Tell me I am wrong about that. In fact, tell me one instance where I was wrong on here.
    Like i said before, if you can show me that I am wrong, i'll stop posting. If you can find a way to justify her treatment of followers, i'll stop posting.
    Dont make the mistake of taking me for an "idiot", I lived there for the majority of my life. I know what I saw and heard and experienced. How can engaging in dialogue be a bad thing? if you don't feel comfortable posting, then you can also e-mail me.
    :ohyeah:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/20/2008 8:37am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How can you say you are being "objective" and that you don't have some "skewed POV?" YOU are skewed!
    Haven't you heard of PERSONAL information? Aren't people entitled to have their personal information remain private? Who gave you the authority to expose people's personal & private information on the internet? - sarahsmile516

Sarah,

A) Define "Personal" information.
    And is it personal if who she says she is becomes the basis for some of her teachings?
    And were you fully informed of what you would be put through before you joined? That one is rhetorical, i already know the answer. Because before Jacob and his mom joined he asked me if i liked it there and when i gave an honest answer that "it was hard" I got called in for a private session.

B) Being objective means presenting both sides. So yes, as of now Jacob has been more objective than you. You praise without specifics and defend without facts. If you can't present both the good and the bad, you can't be objective. Here is an example of how to be objective:

Good things:
    - She sent people to come get me out of jail
    - She sent me to film school
    - I got to see korea in '96
    - BBQ's, pool parties, watching movies.
    - Jung Su Won training is a good workout
    - Jung Su Won has helped many people in their lives.
    - TYK has inspired a number of people through her speaking engagements.
    - She is the CEO of a mult-million dollar company.

Bad things:
    - She made me smoke and drink when i was 7, thinking it would teach us kids a lesson
    - Told COL she was fighting for her life when she was off getting plastic surgery (breast enhancements and facial work)
    - Spit in the mouths of members to "cleanse" them on new years.
    - Hit with a stick and verbally abused members in the same new years class.
    - Talks bad about other members behind their backs and smiles to their face.
    - Does not practice what she preaches.
    Example 1: makes members think sex is bad then has secret relationships of her own.
    -Have heard tapes, seen photos, and seen the way she acted around "him". His sudden metoric rise through COL and Lighthouse lends credibility also. She has had two husbands (GI, and extreme sports), the 2nd of which COL did not know about at the time.
    Example 2: wants members to be humble yet ive seen her throw tantrums when rice is cooked wrong or when she doesnt like something. that and she lives in a mansion while at least eight members lived in the garage.

(FOR THE LOVE OF EVERYTHING SACRED, CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG ON ANY OF THAT)

See, its simple. good and bad. Maybe you consider it all in the good category, but you cant deny personal experience. COL is not vegas, what happens there doesnt stay there. How many people have left? yet you never question the source.

C) I don't NEED admittance because i was there, but I will not stop posting until I get acknowledgement on it. Again I don't need it, but I want it. Hearing the lies about how this stuff never happened only angers me more. I have moved on because I dont answer to anyone but myself. On the other hand, the past is part of who we are. whether good or bad experiences, why forget?

I have a scenario, if you went to the doctor and he started hitting you, yelling at you humiliating you, Would you just walk away and move on? Pretend it never happened because he has credentials? No way, I know you wouldnt, because you have respect for yourself. you would lawyer up in a heartbeat, or find some way to press the issue. so how can you expect silence from others? Thats like saying monica lewinsky should have kept her mouth shut, or the catholic kids should not have broken the story about their molestions because the priest had done good work in the community, or everyone should have looked away when the **** hit the fan at enron.

Good does not negate the bad. Once acknowledged, the bad MIGHT be able to be forgiven. Only then can the legacy of good truly be written.
    :pp:

:beatdead:
    Last edited by Ryanbeld; 3/20/2008 9:12am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/20/2008 10:46am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If anyone in COL would like to talk and doesnt feel comfortable posting on BS, feel free to e-mail me. I will respond and I promise I won't post your e-mail. What you write to me will stay between you and me. If you would like to convince me I am wrong, please do so. If you would like to tell me what an **shole i am, please do so. but without dialogue nothing will ever change. e-mail me at ryanbeld @ hotmail.com. The only person who will read it is me, patrick. well anyways, I thought i would offer that up so you can see i'm still the same guy. I have good memories with alot of you, like going to the skydiving place or just hanging out with MBF, working with MA, watching movies with SJN, talking movies and physics with RP, listening to MDP's stories lol, ...etc. anyways thats an option for you to privately show me I am wrong about any of this. I hope at least one person takes me up on that. I'd understand if you don't though, i know the sentiment towards ex-members.

Lord High Commander of the Super-Secret Order of The Invisible Pink Unicorn

Chuckling at Kyung-ae's purchased honors.

Posted On:
    3/20/2008 11:54am

supporting member
     Style: Pet Kat Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I feel kimmy has a right to be treated like she treated us. I was publically humiliated by her. She divulged the most private material about myself and it was spoken about amongst her 'chosen' making me the brunt of her jokes. She publically humiliated me in classes. She broke up my marriage, colluded to financially clean me out, separated me from and told my children lies about me, and continued to make derogatory statements about me to other COL'ies after I left. She took my contributions and claimed they were her own, or assigned the credit to those who were more favored by her.

Sorry, but I don't feel any sympathy for her. She is simply getting a very small dose of what she has heaped on others for years.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/20/2008 12:11pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ditto on the sympathy. She believes in karma, so this can't just be some random attack on her character, not after the numbers of people who feel wronged by her.