Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    9/28/2007 7:04am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KempoFist
    I don't like people critiquing me unless they fight me. They can suck, but at least I know they actually have experience to gauge by, not to mention that I can beat the **** out of them if they piss me off :)
    what the hell are you talking about?!
    ive seen you spar in a video and..oh hangon you're talking about fighting newbies huh?
    or do you really think you're actually any good at it?

LOL!

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    9/28/2007 7:06am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i just love riling kempofist up...bless you kempofist for providing me comic relief.
    i love you in a heterosexual kind of way, but im willing to grow and evolve, how about you?

msn plz

Posted On:
    9/28/2007 3:56pm

Style: Shootfighting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "That guy". I hate "that guy". You meet him at parties, he's an aquaintances boyfriend, he's your buddy's roommate, he's fucking everywhere. And he really makes me wish that I lived in an era where I could tell him to just get the **** out of my sight because he is incredibly stupid, but instead I have to settle for cockblocking him. That's funny too, but I wish I could exert poetical justice every once in a while.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/29/2007 12:28am

Style: ex-wrestler, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I saw another "that guy" moment at, you guessed it, work today. One of the head chefs was at the bar after he was done with work. The Contender was on, and he said to his buddy "I think I can beat him in a fight. I have the reach over him..." talking about Johnsen, the fellow who won in the latest episode.

Just the nerve of some people.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    9/29/2007 1:36am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Having performed martial arts at several events (moon festivals, etc), I've been approached by a number of characters that for some reason feel the need to tell me how to be a better martial artist. For example:
    I was walking down the beach in Torrey Pines state park, and a few miles into my trek I picked up a piece of bamboo. I started going through some stickwork as I walked along, thinking I was pretty much by myself. A shirtless dude asks me what kind of martial arts I do. He had been doing martial arts for twelve years, achieving black belts in American kempo and tae kwon do. He told me he'd give me some advice on how to make my martial arts much better. First of all, I needed to cross train in boxing once or twice a week (I guess he figured I didn't box). He explained how American kempo is 1/2 boxing already (it isn't and I knew it, but didn't want to act rude). Next, I had to have a go to combination to fight with. Also, you should learn from every source you can- he recently learned from a movie he called "oong boong" which seemed to be Ong Bak. He then demonstrated his martial arts mastery, with some very slow snap kicks and side kicks. I acted appropriately impressed and continued on my way, feeling good about myself.

At a Chinese moon festival a few years ago, I was standing around before we did the lion dance. An old guy started talking to me about his previous martial arts training. He said he trained under an old school kung fu master in Thailand. I asked if the guy was related to Wong Kiew Kit or Shaolin Wahnam in general, because he spoke of a famous kung fu master in Thailand, and Wong Kiew Kit fits the bill and teaches very traditional kung fu. The old man had never heard of him. Anyway, the guy told me about how back in the day he would have to break cinder blocks, and that his master fought in several death matches. In fact, his signature move was the flying scissor kick, which he used to snap his opponents' spines. I politely nodded as his story continued to move closer and closer to anime status. He mentioned kempo, and that his fist was hardened to break things. He told me to feel his fist. I did, and it was in no way remarkable. "Wow" I said. Someday, he told me, I could attain such feats if I kept on training long enough.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/29/2007 1:58am

Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Me personally, I make it a point NOT to BE that guy. When ever I talk about my martial arts training to people, this is what I generally say: "I wrestled in highschool for 2 years. I started my junior year. I was nothing special. I never made the varsity team. I won a couple of JV tournaments, but I didn't have what you would call an outstanding record. (I lost more matches than I won)." I also do submission grappling, but I am not what you would call "great" at it and I don't really have enough experience to talk about it. The point is, I try to be as humble as possible.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234