Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/24/2007 11:06pm

Style: Wrestling, BJJ n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kwoww
    Aren't there good Ninjutsu schools out there?

But as long as she knows what she's signing up for and the school is up-front about it as well I don't see what the problem is.
    There are better Booj schools, but it's rare to find good booj schools. If you do, they're called "taijutsu" or "budotaijutsu" or "ninpo," so you don't get the fun of ninjering.

50% of ninjutsu is useless LARPing, 30% is bad judo w/ hits, 10% is bad judo w/ bad kickboxing, 5% is bad judo w/ decent kickboxing, and the remaining 5% is t3h d34dly r34l.

So why not do Judo?

But if, knowing all this, she still wishes to pursue Ninjutsu and finds one of the better schools, then... what can you do? If she eventually decides to switch, fine. If she doesn't, also fine.

Weak

Posted On:
    9/25/2007 12:51am

Join us... or die
     Style: No longer training

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyMcClaw
    I'd also like to know if anyone can recomend some solid, legitimate schools in the Grand Rapids area that might appeal to an artsy female college student. I've looked at .
    There is your problem.

I had quite a few girls in my kendo class that dressed like anime characters. Not easy with bogu, the amount of sweating and constant screaming in the class...but they were LARPing in class. 2 of them were pretty damn good though.

I guess you're going to have to find something that appeals to that side of your friend that will hopefully be effective as well. Maybe in 6 months you can cross train with her, show her what you do and she might move over to Judo or BJJ etc.

Posted On:
    9/25/2007 1:28am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think that's a good idea, if you have explained your position and she wants to do it anyway let her. Then suggest a roll after she's been at it for a few months. Don't go crazy on her, I'm assuming you a man so you have the deck stacked in your favor so just use a few easy takdowns and submissions and it should become clear that 50 variations of the wristlock isn't going to help much against functional grappling.

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    9/25/2007 2:21am

Join us... or die
     Style: StrikeyGrappling & WW2-fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Virus
    I think that's a good idea, if you have explained your position and she wants to do it anyway let her. Then suggest a roll after she's been at it for a few months. Don't go crazy on her, I'm assuming you a man so you have the deck stacked in your favor so just use a few easy takdowns and submissions and it should become clear that 50 variations of the wristlock isn't going to help much against functional grappling.
    Yeah, do that.

Or better yet, you let her Nin-LARP while ALSO teaching her teh ‹ber BJJ. Then she can be teh r347 Kunoichi that can also roll with the super functional grappling. Teach her grappling against resistance, but secretly, in true ninja fashion. Then she will take over the Bujinkan in the U.S. and maybe the world!!! Booh-HAHAHAAHAHA!!!

Posted On:
    9/25/2007 3:39am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jkdbuck76
    Show her the pictures of the ninjer gal with the rope up her arse.

Either that will send her running away...... or running to.

Quote Originally Posted by colonelpong2

The Ninjitsu Feeling is like.... Having a piece of string pulled out of your bum

Once again it is up to ME to find the dang picture. For some reason I ALWAYS just HAVE to re post it when I hear talk of female Ninjers. I really dont understand it myself.

Anyway, the advice: Let her become a ninjer. Give her a couple of months till she gets her brown belt, then set some idiot kid with no training on her. Once her ass has been decisively kicked, point her to an MT or BJJ place and let nature take its course.

On a serious note, how much info do you have on her ninjering establishment?

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    9/25/2007 4:41am

Join us... or die
     Style: StrikeyGrappling & WW2-fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That is the sweetest thing. Who woulda thunk that Hojojutsu would feel so good?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/25/2007 5:46am

Style: Aikido Ceteris Paribus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Uri Shatil
    There are better Booj schools, but it's rare to find good booj schools. If you do, they're called "taijutsu" or "budotaijutsu" or "ninpo," so you don't get the fun of ninjering.

50% of ninjutsu is useless LARPing, 30% is bad judo w/ hits, 10% is bad judo w/ bad kickboxing, 5% is bad judo w/ decent kickboxing, and the remaining 5% is t3h d34dly r34l.

So why not do Judo?

But if, knowing all this, she still wishes to pursue Ninjutsu and finds one of the better schools, then... what can you do? If she eventually decides to switch, fine. If she doesn't, also fine.
    Is Taijutsu ninjerish? Damn, I thought it meant girls learning how to fire ping pong balls out of their front bottom, then moving onto shuriken........oh, sorry, somebody here says that's Thai bars.

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    9/25/2007 5:46am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jkdbuck76
    Show her the pictures of the ninjer gal with the rope up her arse.

Either that will send her running away...... or running to.
    thank you so much for giving me an opportunity to post it!

Here, hold these for me.

Posted On:
    9/25/2007 6:45am

Join us... or die
     Style: jkd concepts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by colonelpong2
    Once again it is up to ME to find the dang picture. For some reason I ALWAYS just HAVE to re post it when I hear talk of female Ninjers. I really dont understand it myself.

Anyway, the advice: Let her become a ninjer. Give her a couple of months till she gets her chocolate starfish in shape and used to rope burns, then set some depraved gimp with no compassion, no sense of mercy, nor does he have a "safe word" on her. Once her ass has been decisively roped, flossed, lassoed, and roped some more, point her to a colonoscopy appointment and let Dale Seago penetrate every opening.
    I fix
    SEANBABY:
    "The seventh law of thermodynamics is that every time a fat person gets near a trapdoor, they fall in. Itís the closest thing we have to scientific proof of God."

Posted On:
    9/25/2007 7:12am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast