Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/25/2007 4:19am

Style: Baboo Baby

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    UFC 76 seemed to be going the other way, except people booing Sanchez. There were some cheers for grappling exchanges. I was surprised to hear that.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/25/2007 5:16am

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I get the impression that so many of the fineries of MMA are lost on the average punter who will pay for a seat. My view is the average UFC fan is a moron, who is into rasslin' and has been attracted by "cage fighting" rather than some style v style view or an intellectual curiosity about training methods.

That's why so many people were depressed by the UFC buying out Pride. The Japanese actually appreciated the differences between fighters and knew about stylistic differences. The UFC crowd seems filled with rasslin' fans who just want to see someone get KTFO'd while they get drunk.

Y SO SRIUS?

Posted On:
    9/25/2007 5:34am

Join us... or die
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SUSHI SASHIMI
    On top of the angry white guy music, the shitty clothing choices, the goatee and shaved head look they still never cease to amaze me with their idiocy.

Booing when fighters are clinching? Booing when fighters are grappling? Booing when fighters are striking. There's all three ranges of fighting, what more do you want, faggots?

Also everyone is either a "UFC expert" or a "UFC fighter." Which really means, "I watch a lot of UFC." and "I pay $250/month to take 'MMA classes' at the local gym."

Why are you UFC fans so stupid?
    I didnt know faggots watched MMA. Wow, you never cease to amaze me.

Y SO SRIUS?

Posted On:
    9/25/2007 5:36am

Join us... or die
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperCollider
    I get the impression that so many of the fineries of MMA are lost on the average punter who will pay for a seat. My view is the average UFC fan is a moron, who is into rasslin' and has been attracted by "cage fighting" rather than some style v style view or an intellectual curiosity about training methods.

That's why so many people were depressed by the UFC buying out Pride. The Japanese actually appreciated the differences between fighters and knew about stylistic differences. The UFC crowd seems filled with rasslin' fans who just want to see someone get KTFO'd while they get drunk.

I have people over to watch all the UFC events, and I always hear the comment, "Why are they just laying there?"

I always respond, "So that guy wont choke the **** out of him"

Its lost on them.

Knock-off Cthulhu

Posted On:
    9/25/2007 8:23am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It took a long time for me to personally start appreciating the lying-on-the-ground-like-a-couple-of-faggots part. I guess I got over that phase since I'm doing bjj myself too ;)

I have to say, Joe Rogan helped a lot in it supplying some lingo and ideas on what to research. Then again, I hate him for giving the term "chess match" to Goldberg, who really should be switched for someone better.
    Curiosity killed the cat. But damn it had a blast.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/25/2007 8:41am

Style: BJJ/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rogan's fucking uselss as well.

If he'd take Bravo's cock out of his mouth he might be able to talk about BJJ in MMA but he doesn't he just screams about Rubberguard when anyone looks for an omoplata and calls side ride taking the back.

Posted On:
    9/25/2007 8:46am

supporting member
     Style: Taijiquan/Shuai-Chiao/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I mean really, the only time boo'ing would be acceptable would be if one of the fighters took off his pants and started to give anal infliction (affliction) upon his fellow fighter, then went ahead and peed on all the judges and then crapped in the center of the mat.
    What? That would be fucking awesome!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/25/2007 8:49am

Style: Ex-wing chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They need to introduce _ing _un to the UFC. Then the fights wouldn't be boring. There'd be plenty of blood, broken spines, super quick, super brutal KOs.

And if anybody booed the _ing _un fighter, they'd get KOed too. Because chunners are so hardcore.

Knock-off Cthulhu

Posted On:
    9/25/2007 8:59am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ShrekBJJ
    Rogan's fucking uselss as well.

If he'd take Bravo's cock out of his mouth he might be able to talk about BJJ in MMA but he doesn't he just screams about Rubberguard when anyone looks for an omoplata and calls side ride taking the back.
    Yeah, well, after you get familiar with grappling you don't really Rogan all that much either. I really enjoy watching TUF because there are no commentators. That, and the first round of Quarry vs. Sell in UFN11 when the mics had failed.
    Curiosity killed the cat. But damn it had a blast.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/25/2007 9:15am

Style: kung fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I want to pee on the crowds.
    That's YouTube material...
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast