228243 Bullies, 4365 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Enforcer of Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc.

Posted On:
    9/23/2007 1:16pm

supporting member
     Style: Kaju, BJJ, Judo, Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Shogun dominated the stand-up

Am I the only one who feels this way? I have no idea why Rua kept diving for the takedown, because IMO he was connecting more and more accurately than Forrest. Just because Forrest has a face as durable as tupperware doesn't mean he should have abandoned that gameplan.
    Knowing is not enough, you must apply...
    ...Willing is not enough you must do
    ~Bruce Lee

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/23/2007 1:38pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Brazillian Jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was disappointed to see Shogun abandon his style as well. I sighed every time he went for the single leg. I think he got frustrated, and he wasn't really able to get his usual rhythm going, which is straight forward all out. Hard to get the Thai clinch on a guy like that, so that could have been part of it.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/23/2007 1:42pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey Kempo fist, on an unrelated note... Does Kempo teach big looping punches not set up with anything but the big looping punch before it. Because Lidell has the ugliest punches I've ever seen. His overhand is OK, but he looks like a robot throwing those squared up horizontal loops.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    9/23/2007 1:48pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They may be ugly looking, but they work for him (most of the time). That's what counts.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Enforcer of Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc.

Posted On:
    9/23/2007 2:03pm

supporting member
     Style: Kaju, BJJ, Judo, Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WestonE123
    Hey Kempo fist, on an unrelated note... Does Kempo teach big looping punches not set up with anything but the big looping punch before it. Because Lidell has the ugliest punches I've ever seen. His overhand is OK, but he looks like a robot throwing those squared up horizontal loops.
    Chuck Liddell's Kempo training is far different than anything I've ever done, and actually isn't like any Kempo I know of. His lineage stems from an off-shoot of Kajukenbo, and his coach (John Hackleman) produced his own brand of Hawaiian Kempo by ditching the forms, and adding more boxing hand-work.

His looping punches and counter-striking is his own style, and it works great against a) Grapplers and b) people who press the action but are afraid to actually trade with him. I knew as soon as they put Rampage up against him, he was dead meat, but I never expected Jardine to pull off an upset. It's sad, because he doesn't seem to change his gameplan, and Jardine kept connecting with the same damned overhand right into right round kick combo over and over! You'd think Chuck would learn to keep his left hand up to cover the punch, but he didn't. If he woulda double-jabbed in straight (not flailing arms of doom) he could have set up his looping hook, and perhaps laid Dean out. Very disappointing.

On a funny side note, my old Kempo school's instructors cling to Chuck Liddell's sack like he's their validation in the cage, meanwhile he fights and moves like nothing they do, not to mention he has a great wrestling base and holds a purple or brown in BJJ. So anyway I watch the fights at a friend of mines house who also used to instruct with me. The amount of "Keep your damned hands up! Stop doing Kempo!" jokes keep coming :P
    Knowing is not enough, you must apply...
    ...Willing is not enough you must do
    ~Bruce Lee

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    9/23/2007 2:12pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In the after interview Liddel mentioned that he meant to shoot more. He was an accomplished wrestler, he has to start putting that in his game plan as everyone knows what he's about now.

poser

Posted On:
    9/23/2007 2:46pm

Style: punching bag / crew jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WestonE123
    He fought Jardine and you're criticizing Liddell for having an ugly fighting style?

Jardine looks like something out of Army of Darkness when he fights.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/23/2007 2:49pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    haha thats true. Jardine is awkward as hell. His hunching reminds me of De La Hoya. But it kept him at a safe range while allowing him to land shots, which is important against Lidell.

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    9/23/2007 3:18pm

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He was gassing, and used to having the promoter order his opponents to take a fall.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/23/2007 3:35pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think he was just eager to try out elbows to the head on the ground. It seemed like he was playing with Forrest just to test those out until he gassed miserably.
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast