Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/23/2007 6:43pm

Style: Boxing, Judo, BJJ, M.T.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The only steroid that I know of that helps endurance is Boldenone, or equipoise by street name. You can also just take Erythropoeitin. I can't imagine the steroids contributing to it because steroids suck for any sort of aerobic work. Your muscles swell up when you run, swim, box, whatever, and you won't be able to move without cramping up seriously. I've had friends on serious steroid stacks, (the holy trinity of Sustanon, Deca, and Winstrol), that said just walking down the streets caused their legs to swell up and their jeans to lose all slack. I can't imagine doing serious cardio like that.

The other thing is people who use steroids go "flat" when they get off of them. Look at Ken Shamrock in the WWF/WWE then look at him in the UFC.

http://www.autographedtoyou.com/Cele..._shamrock1.jpg

And then here:

http://www.newsday.com/media/photo/2006-07/24259901.jpg

He's still in good physical shape in both pictures, but I think it's obvious which one he was juicing in.

The Pride guys I strongly suspect of doing steroids, (Randleman, Coleman, Sapp), haven't debuted yet. I think El Macho is correct in his interpretation, most of the guys look like they're not happy to be in the UFC and like they aren't training much for their fights, with the exception of Rampage and Henderson, both of who gave a strong performance.

Let's not forget Heath Herring's absolutely craptacular first fight either.

Rowsdower!

Posted On:
    9/23/2007 6:48pm

Join us... or die
     Style: On Hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Coleman fought in the early UFCs before heading over to Pride.

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    9/23/2007 7:53pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think another issue is the long 10 minute round of Pride

10 minutes and five is a different pace than 5/5/5. Guys knowing the got 5 minutes until a break and train for it, Train to go balls to the wall, where as 10 minutes you have to conserve more.

That and the roids.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/23/2007 8:23pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Steroids may not help aerobic endurence but they DEFINITELY help anaerobic endurence

Posted On:
    9/23/2007 8:50pm

Style: Silat, New to Hsing- Yi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    coleman used to gas early when he started losing in the UFC. I would lean towards training methods that leaned towards size and appearanc eas opposed to strength and endurance

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/24/2007 4:24am

Style: Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't know anything about steroids or pride fighters use of them, but.

I'd heavily suspect these guys aren't training as seriously as they need to.. Which is sad, because alot of these UFC fighters totally bust it training i'm sure. They want that win, I guess maybe pride guys thought they'd come in and it'd be alot easier? ...

I mean just hearing Cro Cop talk about his opponents it was dead obvious he didn't give a **** about them. "..ehh..kongo..Gonzaga.." he might of well just said "Whoever I am going to fight.. " Alot of the UFC guys look up past vids, learn about what their upcoming opponent's supposed strengths and weaknesses are. **** is ridiculous in my book.

I have no idea what to think about this Shogun thing.. Weither it was steroids, poor training, or a potent combination of both. There's no two ways about it, I do not see Griffin intelligently fending off Jackson at all. I mean I'm glad he beat Shogun, however, had shogun not been gassed, I think we would've seen more of griffin's blood and less RNC ..

The same things goes for Gonzaga and Kongo in my book.. They are decent strikers, and effeciently beat cro cop fair in square, and it was great. But what they didn't do was make the old cro cop, the pride cro cop look bad. Again, maybe I'm talking bullshit. That's my duty as a UFC fan.

Though, the different rules of the organizations also helped i'm sure, i just think overall these guys may in fact not be taking this quite as seriously as they need to.. I can only guess what's going on.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/24/2007 5:17am

Style: Baboo Baby

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Shogun has looked rather lackluster since breaking his arm, with the exception of his rematch with Overeem. Diabate was tagging him pretty easily and forcing him to go for the takedown. Randleman he just out grappled. Now also comparing Forrest's strategy to Shogun's previous opponents it strikes me that most of them just stood in front of him. Forrest moved which made it hard for Shogun to light him up like he usually does. Going for the takedowns was a pretty standard tactic for him, he has done it in a lot of fights, so it makes sense that any time he's not doing so well standing he just goes for a takedown right away.

I think the rules might have played some role in it, when he was in Forrest's guard he was happy to stay in the center instead of move to the cage - it's pretty rare to see ground work in the center of the ring in the UFC - pretty much everyone wants to get their opponent pushed against the cage to have better GnP work. I have no idea how the other changes factor in, but evidently Shogun didn't prepare that well for the cage. Who knows what else he didn't prepare for.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/24/2007 5:35am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    nog and shogun dont look like they juice, their bodies look typical for grapplers and kick boxers. I dont think Cro cop would be the type to juice though.

That being said it seems the pride guys arent as dominant as I would have suspected only rampage has been able to win convincingly and with consistancy.

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    9/24/2007 9:08am

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    what about red blood cell doping like you see in cycling? Is it conceivable that fighters in japan were doing that, and do they even test for that over here?

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    9/24/2007 9:15am

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It will be interresting that Wanderlei is now living in the states and training with Couture to see how he does.

I think the last Cro Cop fight with out the roids was a wake up call for him. I expect him to do well when he makes his debut.
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast