222361 Bullies, 4677 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 5 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Slipping coal into stockings with a little sumptin for mom.

Posted On:
    10/07/2007 4:20pm

Style: Rehab Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Speaking strictly subjectively, I have noticed a significant difference in my next morning soreness since I started taking creatine and glutamine (5g each with post workout meal)
    YMMV since I'm old (ish) and on a restricted calorie diet with some complicating medical factors, but it has been really noticeable.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/07/2007 7:37pm

Style: Muay Thai, RBSD Concepts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    food helps build up, but without a protein source the muscle cant use the amino building blocks to repair effectively with. muscle is protein, tear it and it needs more of teh same to strengthen it with.

powders are good only if you are training hard and if you arent then its excess to requirements and your urine becomes expensive. if you are eating well, and often, then you arent needing to top up. A glass of milk and some eggs does the trick after a session in the gym. eggs are a hell of a lot cheaper than powders.

creatine works great, and a product called Kre-Alkalyn is buffered creatine that requires no loading.

if you already workout you will notice the difference in the muscle in regards to strength and fullness. I take it, and will continue to take it as it works well.
    Last edited by Severe; 10/07/2007 7:42pm at .

ˇViva los Muertos!

Posted On:
    8/05/2008 4:53am

Style: Boxing/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    god i feel like an anemic sloth just reading this thread.
    A lie gets half-way around the world before the truth has time to get it's pants on. - Winston Churchhill

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/04/2012 10:48am

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I took a lot of pre workout stims when I was bodybuilding and I have to say they are dangerously addictive and often put on the shelf with very little long-mid term studies.

1MR and Jack3d are 2 prime suspects, when I took them I would feel like I could lift houses, but the crash afterwards, the wired feel and the "stim dick" wasnt worth it. Still, I was taking them on off for about 3 years.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/04/2012 11:36am

Style: Boxing and Moo Duk Kwan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Creatine is the only supplement I take regulary, it is cheap and easy to take. Protein powder is a must if you are not eating enough of it. Everything else is crap. Now that im done ranting if you are a bodybuilder go for every supplement out there. But for everyone it should be about your training regime and diet. ZenMMA your right Jack3D is garbage

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/04/2012 2:00pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by blue-dragon View Post
    Creatine is the only supplement I take regulary, it is cheap and easy to take. Protein powder is a must if you are not eating enough of it. Everything else is crap. Now that im done ranting if you are a bodybuilder go for every supplement out there. But for everyone it should be about your training regime and diet. ZenMMA your right Jack3D is garbage
    Very true.

It used to be insanely annoying having guys who had been training a couple of months come up and ask me what supps I take. The fact is you dont even need to think about supps until you have your diet sorted, your exercise routine sorted and your sleep sorted, those 3 things have a far bigger effect than any supp (with the exception of steroids).
    M first year bodybuilding was a waste of time really, it probably took 3 years before I started to get those 3 things working at the same time, and only then when everything else was perfect did I start taking supps, I took everything except gear and the only things I would recommend are Green Tea, BCAA, Cod liver, protein powder and creatine.
    Stay away from Caffeine and anything with 1'3 Dymeth (AKA Geranium extract).

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    4/04/2012 2:52pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Judo, Jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Way to necro a 4 year old thread, guys. But, at least you're having reasonable conversation that's on topic...
    Click To Get My Free Training Newsletter... Do It NOW!

"You all just got fucking owned.";
    "TaeBo_Master and GajusCaesar just scored 10,000,000 points on all you pawns."

- The Wastrel

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/05/2012 5:15am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TaeBo_Master View Post
    Way to necro a 4 year old thread, guys. But, at least you're having reasonable conversation that's on topic...
    I wanted to discuss supps, there is a sticky at the top of the forum which links this thread as being the place to have such discussions.

Cant see the problem.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/19/2012 9:57am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    4 years is a time long to go without some refreshing on this subject. For me hearing about other people's experiences helps sort out some of the bull from magazines and such. I just can't find it in my hart to trust anything they say.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/19/2012 12:11pm

Style: Boxing and Moo Duk Kwan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharon View Post
    4 years is a time long to go without some refreshing on this subject. For me hearing about other people's experiences helps sort out some of the bull from magazines and such. I just can't find it in my hart to trust anything they say.
    That's why I only use forums like these and a select few internet sites to get any and all of the training info I need. Its too bad many people get sidetracted and derailed all time from coporate marketing B.S.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 5 LastLast