Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/03/2007 9:45am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: ???

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Seeing as no one has touched the Splenda/sucralose debate....

Make your own choice as always you have to understand and decide if the risk/reward is worth it. Read all you can and decide for your self, remember this is a fight between corporations and not everything you are going to read is going to be true, educate and decide for yourself.
    http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=...=Google+Search

Check you suppliments, sucralose is being used in almost everything now......

Pro:
    http://splendatruth.com/

Con:
    http://www.formerfatguy.com/articles...-questions.asp

Now any company that has to have a website called splendatruth makes me wonder, but then again the sugar lobbiest are pretty strong too....

This quote is enough for me not to use it (that is my choice based on prefering organic, less processed foods):

Q: What exactly is Splenda?
    A: In a simple sentence, you would just as soon have a pesticide in your food as sucralose because sucralose (Splenda) is a chlorocarbon. The chlorocarbons have long been known for causing organ, genetic, and reproductive damage. It should be no surprise, therefore, that the testing of sucralose reveals that it can cause up to 40 percent shrinkage of the thymus: a gland that is the very foundation of our immune system. Sucralose also causes swelling of the liver and kidneys, and CALCIFICATION of the kidney. Note: if you experience kidney pain, cramping, or an irritated bladder after using sucralose in Splenda, stop use immediately.

One Ambulance, Eleven Cops...

Posted On:
    10/03/2007 10:31am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Glad I love "sweet n' low" instead.

BTW, Splenda is no good for baking. Apparently no good for you either.
    “We are surrounded by warships and don’t have time to talk. Please pray for us.” — One Somali Pirate.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/05/2007 7:56pm

Style: Wrestling, BJJ n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    THank you for finally adressing the sucralose question.

I only use it in my coffee and tea. I had no idea that it could shrink my testicles.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/05/2007 8:18pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you want to add to the tenderness of the meat (or you find yours dries out a bit), after cutting it coat it lightly in corn starch. I got this tip from the show "Yan Can Cook" and it has been an absolute godsend. I generally trim every bit of fat off the meat that I can, and this tried and true method keeps it Chinese restaurant level tender all the time.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/06/2007 5:26am

Style: Wrestling, MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To touch on the Splenda debate, yes I would avoid it. I take a fairly holistic approach to nutrition and try to avoid anything artificial and man made. Unfortunately I dont have the money or time to eat a completely organic diet so I just try to limit the artificial foods I have.

Splenda may be perfectly fine but I'm not prepared to risk my health on a few calories
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345