Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/22/2007 9:49pm

Style: Wrestling, BJJ n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by pnwnorseman
    So I get one honest response and about 4 and a half flames. Seriously **** off if you have nothing constructive to add.
    Mr. Horseman,

This topic has been debated on bullshido.net again and again and again. I truly believe it is you who has nothing constructive to add. It's all been said. From MMA doesn't teach against nutshots to MMAers would be able to defend a nutshot based on what they know, from eyegouges are teh deadly to eyegouges are impossible to pull off, it's ALL been said many times. I would go so far as to say that 70% of it has been repeated in the last four weeks, and that other 30% is either too stupid or too specific to be repeated on a monthly basis.

Assumptions: "**** off if you have nothing constructive to add"
    Horseman has nothing constructive to add
    Conclusions: Horseman should **** off

You are welcome here on bullshido.net. Your first post, though disgustingly typical, was at least respectful. Your second post was disrespectful, and that's why I'm angry. Please stay, just have respect. If somebody flames you, respond with dignity and don't drop to their level.

In conclusion,
    :pancakebu

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/22/2007 9:52pm

Style: sport Aikido & Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When I was learning BJJ many years ago our instructor told us to respond to stuff like that by upping the ante. If the other guy grabs your hair put your finger in his eye and tell him to stop, because well, in the grand scheme of things eyes are worth more than hair.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/22/2007 10:20pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Can we somehow make it a requirement that new members read the groundfighting FAQ?

Posted On:
    9/22/2007 11:18pm

Style: Wing Chun, Hung Gar

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bite to neck = dead grappler. Dont you people watch zombie movies?

Rowsdower!

Posted On:
    9/23/2007 12:41am

Join us... or die
     Style: On Hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No, bite to neck = UNdead grappler. Duh.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/23/2007 4:13am

Style: Defense Fighting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was supposed to write a good example where dirty fighting could be added to grappling. But after lots of IF attacked with this, IF you know how to defend, IF the attack is not too good you MIGHT get free and after that you're back in square one (and the opponent MIGHT be pissed off), I realised that it started to sound pretty unrealistic.

Martial and Sexual Artist

Posted On:
    9/23/2007 1:23pm

supporting member
     Style: standup to ground

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dirty depends on the ruleset. I've trained where stuff like headbutts, stomps, and the like were taking into consideration, but never really trained against biting or anything like that.

Keeping somebody's hand away from your face is pretty similar whether he is punching or eye gouging.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    9/23/2007 1:56pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To the OP: The answer to this eternal question is quickly found by just fucking signing to grappling and MMA classes and spend the next 3-6 months training in them. After that time, you will know for sure if the answer to your questions, if your assumptions as to what works and what doesn't are right or wrong.

It doesn't matter what people tell you, even if they speak from years of first-hand experience. Your question comes from a set of beliefs and questions that are deeply set in your mindset. No amount of 2-hand explanations over the internet will change those.

You want to know the true answers to your questions, then find a grappling and mma school and sign for it. Then you'll have first-hand experience about what works and what doesn't.

Everything else is hearsay and mindless circle-jerk dead-horse beating.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

I'm not witty enough for this custom title.

Posted On:
    9/23/2007 2:23pm

Style: In Hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by pnwnorseman
    This question I pose mainly to those who study the grappling styles, but any who have insight feel free to respond. It seems that in many situations that a headbutt, nut shot, or even a good bite would be a usefull/ easy/ why the hell not kind of way to break some grappling holds or at least get a chance to weaken them. Hell If I am in a REAL street fight where there are no rules but he who wins...wins, I'll use everything I know down to foul language and your mom taunts to win including nut shots and headbutts. Do your instructors ever address these types of things when learning your styles? I'm not tryin to be funny or a Newb, I'm actually curious especially since it seems that grappling arts are usually tauted as the more effective practical self defense for the average person. Again this is a serious inquiry into the training of grappling styles and their practicality in a true street fight since that seems to be the "bench test" of an MA used for self defense.
    Yeah, it's called a grappler (me) throwing a moron (you) on his head.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/23/2007 2:52pm

Style: .45ACP & Confusion

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    See my style in my style line.
    I am the guy who is fighting dirty!
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123 456 LastLast