How do I shot web?
Posted On:9/22/2007 8:58pm
Style: JKDC, Kali, Swords
Originally Posted by pnwnorseman
So I get one honest response and about 4 and a half flames. Seriously **** off if you have nothing constructive to add. I have neither time nor desire to search through the shitstorm of BBS threads to find what is most likely not there or burried in hours worth of searching just to read flames, so I post a thread and get flamed. For a place that is supposed to help people understand martial arts all it really seems to do is show how much practicing martial arts seems to make you act like a child. I never said I had an awesome bite or eye gouge or anything even close to that. I love the assumption that I am aparently both waiting till I am nearly choked out and relying on bites eye gouges and nut "squeezing?" as my defense. ( I believe a punch would be more effective as denoted by the use of the word "shot" rather than "squeeze") You have no clue what I am trained in or to do, what my knowledge of fighting entails or my experience, but it is very kind of you to assume these things based soley on 1 question in which I offered none of those facts and actually just asked if grappling arts trained to defend against these types of attacks. To JJason, thank you for your response. To the rest of you flame happy children. Grow up.
If you don't want to get flamed, get acquainted with using the "Search" function. If you don't want to use it, then the folks here aren't going to be patient with you.
Oh yeah, did I mention this topic is older than Stonehenge?
Originally Posted by ggboxer
You know what, the hell with this ****. I'll leave my lame ass bitching ways and suck off the site management as my compliments, but I'll maintain my boobtastic status here always.
Posted On:9/22/2007 9:02pm
Originally Posted by pnwnorseman
I have neither time nor desire to search
Then **** off.
Posted On:9/22/2007 9:04pm
Style: Losing Weight
Originally Posted by Plasma
Stick saids to **** off
-posted from Hooters on plasma's iPhone
iphone cant fucking log in to bullshido? only stuck on Plasma's name?
Posted On:9/22/2007 9:05pm
Style: On Hiatus
Seriously, pwnnorseman, just use the search function. I recommend reading the sticky in the Newbietown forum entitled "Newbie F.A.Q. READ OR DIE." Scroll down to number 20 on the list, which says "Use the search function before starting your first thread, Newbie." The subject that you are discussing in this thread has been discussed many, many, MANY times before, hence the flames/suggestions to use the search function. Quite frankly, a lot of us don't feel like beating this dead horse any more than it already has.
In conclusion, please do yourself a favor and read all the stickies in Newbietown and searching the forums before making any new threads. You'll be glad ya did.
How do Chameleon Circuit?
Posted On:9/22/2007 9:08pm
Originally Posted by pnwnorseman
So I get one honest response and about 4 and a half flames. Seriously **** off if you have nothing constructive to add. I have neither time nor desire to search through the shitstorm of BBS threads to find what is most likely not there or burried in hours worth of searching just to read flames, so I post a thread and get flamed. For a place that is supposed to help people understand martial arts all it really seems to do is show how much practicing martial arts seems to make you act like a child.
YMAS is pretty much the no-holds barred forum where people speak their minds, LOL, and blow off steam. There is no shame in posting in newbietown, where you can ask very general/basic/theoretical questions and receive answers in a highly moderated environment.
Originally Posted by pnwnorseman
You have no clue what I am trained in or to do, what my knowledge of fighting entails or my experience, but it is very kind of you to assume these things based soley on 1 question in which I offered none of those facts and actually just asked if grappling arts trained to defend against these types of attacks.
You're right, no one does know what you do, your training, or experience. So when you post a thread on a subject that's been discussed many times, people assume you're a troll or someone who doesn't want to search for other threads or look in other forums. Not because they're mean, stupid, childish, etc., but because the latter happens a lot and they go by the general percentages. If you go to Trollshido, you'll see just how much.
So instead of assumptions vs. assumptions vs. assumptions, try out newbietown if you have some basic questions, or guantanamo bay if you have some experience and more specific questions about techniques. So, a newbietown thread might be, "I'm thinking of studying at XYZ school in my town that teaches this grappling style, or the ABC self-defense street combat studio, which should I choose?"
Posted On:9/22/2007 9:09pm
If you are in mount, you have more immediate concerns than grabbing testicles and biting, and that's stopping the punches raining down on your head.
So we can get an idea of where you are coming from, please answer these questions:
What style do you do?How do you train these defenses with any degree of realism?Have you ever actually sparred with a grappler?
They are important because if you had actually spent any degree of time with real grapplers, you would know that most of the time, such tactics are not anatomically possible.
You can't bite, unless you have an extendable rubber neck.
You can't reach the other guy's face. That rules out any eye attacks.
You can't get to his balls because he's sitting down.
You have more immediate concerns such as avoiding a choke or getting punched.
You could reach the other guy's eyes from here. But in doing so you leave yourself open to things like kimuras, straight arm locks or keylocks. As side control is the dominant position, leverage is on his side rather than yours. Perhaps an eye distraction then ebi might work, of course this depends on knowing how to grapple in the first place.
Testicles could potentially be reached depending on whether he is up on his haunches or flattened out. You're going to have to fish around for them though and that time is better spent doing something else.
I can't be bothered doing the other positions because you can't be bothered doing a search for a dead horse so beaten it's pretty much just a liquid paste right now.
Last edited by Virus; 9/22/2007 9:22pm at .
BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.
Posted On:9/22/2007 9:10pm
No **** that. If you get flamed why don't you show some fucking conviction and flame right back you fucking gigantic *****. You think you could handle a fight? You can't even handle some people being slightly unkind (this is nothing) on an internet forum without crying like a bitch.
Why don't you explain where you're coming from? What is your training? What makes you think that this crap hasn't been tried before? Why do you think we know it won't work?
Gee, when I'm under a pin by my judo coach, do you think it doesn't occur to me that maybe if I could just breathe a little more, and maybe if I could manouver this arm a little I could stretch and reach his nuts (you ain't punching **** with any kind of force from bottom), and then gee maybe HE'LL FUCKING BREAK IT OFF BEFORE I EVEN GET CLOSE TO HIS NUTS OR HIS EYES. He wants a limb out there isolated, that's what he's looking for you fucking moron.
So tell us, what is your training in? I'm figuring wing chun (based on X sucks month attracting X's like flies to ****), some self made style based on naruto or some ninjer faggotry (which is basicaly based on naruto as well). No one acts butt hurt quite like ninjers.
MADE OF STEEL!
Posted On:9/22/2007 9:14pm
For the record, one of the first things that's tought in our BJJ self-defense syllabus is how to clinch up and make yourself hard to hit. Overhook the arms so that they can't punch or elbow, circle your hips to the side of theirs so it's hard to knee you, press your head into the side of theirs so that it's hard to head butt or bite you.
Now, what do YOU do to protect against nut squeezing and Mike Tyson-like ear biting?
Posted On:9/22/2007 9:16pm
Style: WMA, Suio Ryu
Originally Posted by JJson
I watched an Aikido randori with Seagal on youtube. Seagal was able to control an attacker by the wrist. If the attacker tried to strike or attack, all Seagal did was slightly move the wrist and the guy was stoped in mid strike. Seagal used that wrist lock to force the attacker to run into a second attacker.
I don't know what the funniest thing about that statement is. Steven Seagal using a wrist lock to force a lame compliant attacker into another lame unresisting attacker, or the fact that you believe any of it is useful or possible.
Posted On:9/22/2007 9:35pm
very much what the other posters said
headbutt- not possible when underneath a mount, probably can't generate much force in side control either + the other guy is beating up on you while you're trying it
testicle grab- isolates your arm for armlocks when they're in a dominant position, you have a maybe 1% chance of getting it, but 99% of the chance, you're going to be hearing "snap, crackle, pop!"
bite- bite me while i'm trying to put you in the rear naked, and i'll just rear naked your jaw until it breaks, i can deal with a bite, it'll suck, but i think your broken jaw will suck more
i don't understand how we're trolling when people are just saying its an old topic done to death in a thousand different threads, and that dirty tricks are probably going to be useless if the person fighting you knows how to grapple and is a dominant position + they can do these dirty tricks back on you with better leverage and force/chance of success.
Articles and Reviews
Tools and Info