Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/22/2007 10:20am

Style: Hiatus for Gen. Fitness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I need a sixth meal.

After racking my brain to come up with a sixth meal, I figured I'd try and see what kind of advice I could get from the fitness people around here.

A few things to note ahead-of-time:

This isn't a scientifically perfect diet. That wasn't even the intention. I'm going for a simple equation of calories in - calories expended = deficit.

I have a really busy life, so this is a diet that requires convenience. In an entire day, I use one large glass, one fork, and one plate. Cooking utensils include 1 frying pan (and spatula) or 1 pot. I'm looking for a meal that requires as little preparation as possible.

Meal #1: Whole wheat bagel and cream cheese - 360 calories
    Meal #2: Chicken noodle soup in microwavable bowl and Turkey sandwich
    <2 slices of 15 grain bread, 3 slices of turkey> - 440 calories
    Meal #3: Three egg sandwich <2 slices 15 grain bread, 3 large eggs> ~ 450 calories
    Meal #4: Tomato soup in microwavable bowl, 2 fish fillets - 500 calories
    Meal #5: Turkey chili with beans - 420 calories
    Total = 2170 calories
    All meals are accompanied by a large glass of water.

I am looking for something convenient, that doesn't overlap much with any of the above meals, and is in the 400-600 calories range. I take a multivitamin and fish oil capsules daily. I generally do not like vegetables.

In any case, thank you for your time and assistance.

Everybody was Kung Fu fighting

Posted On:
    9/22/2007 10:22am

supporting member
     Style: Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Learn to like vegetables you fucking badly-raised consumerist robot and stop depending on convenience pills as part of your daily nutrition.

I expect this to be taken care of before I get beck.
    !!RENT SPACE HERE FOR 10 VBUCKS PER LINE PER MONTH!!

!! PM ME FOR SPEEDY SERVICE !!

Sponsored by our first customer: Repulsive Monkey

I <3 Sirc.

Everybody was Kung Fu fighting

Posted On:
    9/22/2007 10:25am

supporting member
     Style: Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And stop eating those fucking cheeseburgers and drinking those Dr. Peppers you're missing out in that diet description. Liar.
    !!RENT SPACE HERE FOR 10 VBUCKS PER LINE PER MONTH!!

!! PM ME FOR SPEEDY SERVICE !!

Sponsored by our first customer: Repulsive Monkey

I <3 Sirc.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/22/2007 10:36am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cullion
    And stop eating those fucking cheeseburgers and drinking those Dr. Peppers you're missing out in that diet description. Liar.
    Here's an idea: If you are done with whatever mental masturbation you get from trolling a diet thread, you can either contribute an idea, or you can go **** yourself. Or hell, you can do both.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/22/2007 12:53pm

Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cnagy, have you considered a protein/meal replacement drink?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/22/2007 1:03pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It hadn't crossed my mind, but that would pretty much solve my problem. Thank you, andrewa.

Posted On:
    9/22/2007 2:03pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    CNagy,

The key to losing weight is cutting out snacking and exercising.

Cutting Snacking
    -To cut out snacking, you need to remain full and satisfied with meals. To stay satisfied with meals, you need to look at low-calorie dense foods and cut out high-calorie dense foods.

For example, an entire bag of steamed broccoli (5 cups) is around 100 calories...a single egg is around 75 calories (not counting cooking oil).

5 cups of steamed broccoli, seasoned with garlic powder and soy sauce, is a HUGE ASS meal that will leave you feeling "Buffet Style" full. One hard boiled egg is hardly a snack.

It takes a lot of discipline to eat steamed vegetables for your meals, though, so the compromise is finding lower calorie substitutes for your food.

i.e. Egg Whites are 15 calories per "egg", versus 75 calories per egg. A three egg sandwich puts you at 225 calories (plus bread), while a three egg-white sandwich puts you at 45 calories (plus bread), and still leaves you feeling like you ate eggs.

Here are some low calorie density "Staples":
    -Egg Whites (15 cal)
    -Unsweetened Almond Milk (45 cal per cup)
    -"Flavor Vegetables" like Onions, Garlic, Bell Peppers, etc...use these instead of oil and other calorie dense flavorings (30 cal per cup)
    -"La Tortilla Factory: Low Carb Tortillas" 6 inch (50 cal per tortilla)
    -Non-Fat Multi-Grain Bread from Trader Joes (70 cal per slice)
    -Non-Instant Oatmeal. Sweeten with Splenda/Fruit (150 cal per cup)
    -Green Veggies (not corn/peas). Frozen, Steamed. Bite the bullet and eat them (25-40 cal per cup)
    -Lean White Fish (Tilapia, Halibut, etc...). Buy frozen. (50 cal per fillet)
    -Shrimp Cocktails, Cold Shrimp (120 cal per cocktail)
    -Apples/Peaches/Grapes/Grapefruit (75 cal per piece/cup)
    -Carrot Sticks (50 cal per cup)
    -Salsa. Put on everything for flavor. NO CHIPS. (10 cal per quarter cup)
    -Cans of PAM or non-cal cooking spray. Throw away your butter/oil/lard/margerine
    -Soy Sauce
    -Splenda
    -George Foreman Grill (for lean meat)

Quick Meals
    -Veggie Stir Fry: (zucchini, yellow squash, bell peppers, garlic, onions, tomatoes), throw in a skillet with cooking spray, season with soy sauce. Make large batches, put in tupperware for multiple meals.
    -Non-Instant Oatmeal: Throw raw oats in a bowl, add water and Splenda, microwave for a minute or two. Very filling.
    -Veggie Fajitas: Throw veggies in skillet, cook with salsa, throw in a tortilla. Make large batches, save in tupperware for multiple meals.
    -Egg White Scramble: Scramble 2-3 Egg Whites into a skillet with veggies/salsa, cook until eggs are done. Takes minutes.
    -Grilled Fish: Thaw fish filets, throw in George Foreman grill, season with lemon pepper, serve with veggies.

---

Yes, I know you don't like veggies.

However, you have two options here.

1. Eat a LOT of veggies, feel full CONSTANTLY, give your body all the nutrients it needs, AND lose weight!
    -Lots of food, lots of eating. It may seem boring at times...but you'll be eating a LOT and still losing weight.

2. Eat no veggies, feel hungry CONSTANTLY, starve your body of the nutrients it needs, and hope to lose weight.
    -Very little food, very little eating. You may be eating "fun" food, but you'll eat very little of it. This tends to feel like you're starving yourself...which isn't fun.

I recommend you join a web site like www.fitday.com. It keeps you honest and lets you know where your calories are at. You can either half ass losing weight, or take it seriously and accomplish your goals.

Good luck!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/22/2007 2:23pm

Style: BJJ/no-gi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    MRP for the win! I don;t use them but seems like a good substitute for yourself.

As you don't like vegetables i think you should really look into a supplement such as Greens+ or Maximum Greens from GNC. You're missing out on a lot of key nutrients by neglecting the veg.

**** you math class

Posted On:
    9/22/2007 2:27pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD, Ballet, Archery

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would recommend shaving your beard and buying different sunglasses.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/22/2007 3:17pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's an old pic, MJS, I already upgraded those.

Satori, thanks for the info. Fact of the matter is that I don't feel hungry. I eat five meals a day like clockwork, but it turned out that between that and the exercise that I do, I'm not taking in enough calories. I've been losing weight (13 lbs over the last 4 weeks) and I recently decided to change my diet from something similar to what is in my first post to what it is now (in the first post). My multivitamin, whatever MRP I end up getting, and a can of V8 should hit all necessary vitamins. The 15 grain bread is keeping me constant. Sodium is not an issue for me.

I don't like to eat. I definitely don't like to eat alot. I'm healthy as far as the results are concerned in my bi-yearly medical examinations, I'm just overweight. I do cheat, to the tune of about once every three weeks (usually a dinner meal). All in all, I have this diet under control until I plateau and have to move to phase 2.

Still, thanks everyone, for the responses.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast