Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Such as thou art, sometime was I.

Posted On:
    10/22/2003 2:34am

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ah! I guess so. I don't usually use machines. I just saw the angle and thought I would try something new.
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Posted On:
    10/25/2003 8:25pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    do you eat before you work your legs?

Posted On:
    10/25/2003 8:41pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nope. Leg workout today...no nausea. *shrug*
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Posted On:
    10/26/2003 2:35am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by The Wastrel
    Maybe I'm confused about the "Smith Machine". I've never used machines for lifts before so...erp.

I walk in and look at this thing and the bar moves on an inward angle. So I think, "Sheesh, I can lean back into it and isolate quads so my already bowling ball gluteal muscles don't get any more prominent."

Is this not a Smith machine?

Here are some Smith Machines :

THIS is The one that you See in most Pro Quality Gyms :

Smith Machine Bar Catch :

The Bar Rolls forward and Bacward to Hook onto variable Level Pegs so that you can Start pretty much where you like .

Smith Machine Saftey Catch :

the Saftey Catch is to set an Absoloute Minimum level that the Bar will go , for Escaping from Under it .

Posted On:
    10/26/2003 9:21am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Turns out it was a "Tru-squat" machine or something like that.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/26/2003 6:20pm

Style: Big Cans O' Whoopass!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Something like this?

Posted On:
    10/26/2003 6:36pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wouldn't be caught dead working on a red "x"!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/26/2003 6:43pm

Style: Big Cans O' Whoopass!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.southernxercise.com/trusquat.htm

Click the link POOPHEAD!

btw, just out of curiousity. How do you eat on leg day. 1, 2, 3, or 4 hours prior to working out?

Posted On:
    10/26/2003 7:57pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    WAY before. Leg day is Saturday. I get up around 5:30 and eat right away. I have to run by the hospital in the morning and then I lift after. Typically I don't make it to the gym until about noon.

Posted On:
    10/26/2003 7:57pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And that's not it either. I think I just found a very creative use for something...
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 5 LastLast