Thread: Hello all!

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Hello all!

Hey everyone. Been lurking for a while and finally decided to sign up. Been doing Judo for a while (2nd kyu), and recently doing some "cough .. cough ..." Aikido ... I know Bullshido is overflowing with Aikidoka ;) So if its any consolation we also do BJJ at my dojo and am planning on trying it.

TKDBot
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In spite of what some other web-sites would have you believe, we here at Bullshido.net welcome you, Nihonto, with open arms and hope that you will share with us your unique experiences and ideas on the martial arts.... so that we may then make fun of those experiences and ideas.

KungFuBot
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BULL RUSH ON Nihonto!!!

Style
    punching bag / crew jitsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome to Bullshido.

As long as you know what you signed up for with Aikido then no worries there (as in you're not deluded or anything). I'm sure your opinions as a seemingly intelligent insider will be considered.

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kwoww
    Welcome to Bullshido.

As long as you know what you signed up for with Aikido then no worries there (as in you're not deluded or anything). I'm sure your opinions as a seemingly intelligent insider will be considered.
    But Aikido rules!!! - It is THE ulimate martial art and it cannot be beat on the street! :qcheerlea
    [sarcasm]

I'm definitely no cheer-leader for any martial art. For me its something to relax and doesn't beat on you as much as Judo - and some of the pins seem useful . You learn some pretty cool bio-mechanics of the arms and wrist that could probably be combined with other things. Obviously no grappling in Aikido though. I will tell you in a few months whether its any good or not. I'm still to green to say. Some of the black belts seem to be competent, time will tell. But its defintely not intuitive.

I still like Judo and it feels way more natural. I freaked everyone out in my first Aikido class - I don't think they ever seen a white belt do perfect break-falls.

Thanks for the welcome.