Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/23/2007 12:51pm

Style: BJJ/no-gi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sh0t
    Sherdog went mad last night during the PBP. I've been reading the fight threads. Some think it was a fix.
    Majority of Sherdoggers are idiots. One of their favourite fighters loses and the match must be a fix!

Truth is, Shogun gassed and Liddell had ring jitters from his last devastating loss. We saw it with Franklin too, but at least he won his return match.

I was so pissed off about the Tavares Griffin decision. Once again Griffin gets the nod when he doesn't deserve it. Scoring needs to be sorted out, 10 point must really fucks over good grapplers. I lost count of the amount of sub attempts Tavares made, and what did Griffin do at all in that fight apart from defend the subs?! 29-28 Tavares all day long.

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/23/2007 1:10pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by spirez
    Majority of Sherdoggers are idiots. One of their favourite fighters loses and the match must be a fix!

Truth is, Shogun gassed and Liddell had ring jitters from his last devastating loss. We saw it with Franklin too, but at least he won his return match.

I was so pissed off about the Tavares Griffin decision. Once again Griffin gets the nod when he doesn't deserve it. Scoring needs to be sorted out, 10 point must really fucks over good grapplers. I lost count of the amount of sub attempts Tavares made, and what did Griffin do at all in that fight apart from defend the subs?! 29-28 Tavares all day long.
    You know what dude, I could've flipped a coin on that Tyson fight, it really depends upon what you score higher, the submission attempt or the escape to dominance. I was pulling for Griffin but I saw it going either way.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    9/23/2007 1:10pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow, I was wrong on all 3 of the big fights. I was most suprised with the Forest/Shogun fight. I never expected it to be that one sided in favor of Forest.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    9/23/2007 1:42pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was rooting for Tavares, but he got dominated. He may have attacked Griffing with sub after sub, but Griffin kept escaping and keeping a dominant position, and not just by just laying on top of him. That omoplata escape he did was slick.

It was a good fight that could have gone either way (Tavares sinking a sub or Griffin KOing Tavares), but it didn't get there, and Griffin kept being on top attacking, attacking, attacking. When the time came for a decision, Griffin had to get it.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/23/2007 2:11pm

Style: BJJ/no-gi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Did Griffin land any damage at all on Tavares?

Here's my breakdown of rounds 2 and 3 that should have won him the match.

4:45 Huge flying knee from TT staggers Griffin

4:40 TT scores the takedown

4:30 hammerfists from TT.

4:01 Griffin tries to get up, get's taken back down.

3:50 TT mounts, transitions to the back and attempts RNC. Stays in the back landing strikes for the best part of 70 seconds.

2:40 Griffin escapes, dumps TT on his back against the cage. Lands some hammerfists

2:30 armbar attempt from TT, escape into guard by griffin

1:25 reversal into half guard by TT, Griffin attempts guillotine, TT escapes into side control.

1:00 TT takes the back again and attempts another choke.

0:40 Griffin dumps TT on his head, ends up in weak armbar attempt. Gets into TTs guard. not much else happens in this round.

Round 3

4:40 Griffin stuffs takedown from TT. Pressures into fence, lands some shoulders.

4:15 Reversal/takedown from TT, straight into mount and omoplata attempt.

3:55 Nice escape from Griffin

3:13 leg sweep takedown from TT

2:13 Griffin lands a shot on the break

1:50 Yet another takedown from TT

0:40 Griffin goes down again

0:20 Griffin reversal

0:05 TT goes for a leg, sweeps and reverses Griffin

2nd round domination, 3rd round close but still Tavares as he's the one putting on the pressure looking for the finish. 10 point must = bullshit.

29-28 Thiago all day long

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/23/2007 2:15pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Even reading that I could say it could've gone either way.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234