Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/24/2009 11:26am

Style: Hung Kuen, Jook Lum SPM

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I believe you are looking at two different people in these vids. The old guy doing the internal/aiki/systema/wtfisit stuff passed away. The other guy's youtube page has him in his thirties?

Registered Member

Deep inside the intestine of a sperm whale

Posted On:
    11/30/2009 1:07am

Style: Judo, ITF, MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In that second video.... at the end.. is the guy presenting the award wearing a.... pink... gi? pink? maybe my eyes are failing or my screen faulty. Pink.

Posted On:
    2/14/2011 11:13pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Does anyone here know where GM David Harri's home office, physical location is?
    Last edited by Windhorse; 2/14/2011 11:17pm at .

Posted On:
    2/14/2011 11:25pm

Style: Kicking your ass

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I believe he is real

Posted On:
    4/12/2011 8:44am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I see from reading this thread that many of you have questions about David Harris. I do not practice MA and cannot talk about his ability in that area but for healing I can. In 2005 I was introduced to David who was using Qi Gong medicine to heal. I retired from law enforcement after 25 years and as you can imagine I had a few phyical issues. My right wrist hurt everytime I bent it back for a racquetball shot, my low back (L-5) had hurt for 18 years. In about 40 mins of treatment both those issues were gone. For 6 years now I have enjoyed a healthy back and wrist. He did all that with energy, just touching. Want more?

My wife had been the passanger in a car accident which resulted in a fear of traveling in a car. David held her finger and asked her to tell him her fear. In 15 mins it was gone. Our daughter developed a fear of flying after her second child and husband won a trip to Tatihi. He did the same treatment with her and after Tathi was Hawaii and right now they are in Mexico, 4 years later. So you see your term Snake Oil Salesman is not really fair.

LVL 99 Photomancer

Posted On:
    4/12/2011 9:12am

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Floridasteve View Post
    I see from reading this thread that many of you have questions about David Harris. I do not practice MA and cannot talk about his ability in that area but for healing I can. In 2005 I was introduced to David who was using Qi Gong medicine to heal. I retired from law enforcement after 25 years and as you can imagine I had a few phyical issues. My right wrist hurt everytime I bent it back for a racquetball shot, my low back (L-5) had hurt for 18 years. In about 40 mins of treatment both those issues were gone. For 6 years now I have enjoyed a healthy back and wrist. He did all that with energy, just touching. Want more?
    Looks like Mr. Harris decided to join the thread.

If I'm wrong, and this is a real actual person, who is claiming real, actual 'healing' due to 'energy and touching', I don't know what to say other than:

I would need to see some pretty special evidence to believe a claim like that.

Posted On:
    4/12/2011 9:37am

Style: Siling Labuyo Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He did all that with energy, just touching.
    And the James Randi Educational Foundation has $1 million US for him, if he could actually, y'know, prove it.

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/12/2011 10:44am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I see from reading this thread that many of you have questions about David Harris. I do not practice MA and cannot talk about his ability in that area but for healing I can. In 2005 I was introduced to David who was using Qi Gong medicine to heal.
    Qi Gong medicine? You are kidding right? Qigong are exercises there is no Qigong medicines. There are herbal medicines and Chinese Medicinal treatments and some people claim Qi or Chi healing powers. In other words you are doing it wrong if you call it Qigong medicine.

I retired from law enforcement after 25 years and as you can imagine I had a few phyical issues. My right wrist hurt everytime I bent it back for a racquetball shot, my low back (L-5) had hurt for 18 years. In about 40 mins of treatment both those issues were gone. For 6 years now I have enjoyed a healthy back and wrist. He did all that with energy, just touching. Want more?
    If you were a doctor and had legit studies done yes, I would want more. People believe those magnetic power bracelets work after, they had to change their commercials and basically admit they were exaggerating.

In other words no, your appeal to authority carries no weight.

My wife had been the passanger in a car accident which resulted in a fear of traveling in a car. David held her finger and asked her to tell him her fear. In 15 mins it was gone. Our daughter developed a fear of flying after her second child and husband won a trip to Tatihi. He did the same treatment with her and after Tathi was Hawaii and right now they are in Mexico, 4 years later. So you see your term Snake Oil Salesman is not really fair.
    Yes, it is fair. You have used a term incorrectly and are trying to imply you know what you are talking about. Since he taught the usage incorrectly and you further the misuse by posting your comments that's snake oil to me.

Posted On:
    4/12/2011 11:36am

Join us... or die
     Style: Cheng Man Ching Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Harris' web site seems to indicate a close conneciton to Radford Davis (Ashida Kim) which is all the indication the average person should need to ignore this idiot.

His web site seems to indicate that he is now running an "institute" dedicated to natural healing. Roll eyes.... .... nnnnow.

He also seems to dabble in Dim Mak:
    http://www.shunshentao.com/EDUCATION.htm

What is Martial Science?
    • The knowledge & training to quickly induce a Destructive cycle (imbalance / disruption of Qi) by throwing a “ Death” strike to the attacker so as to disable, maim, or dispatch.
    • Defense- knowledge & training to block, repel, or counter a “ Death” strike
    • The knowledge & training to quickly induce a Constructive cycle (balance / reorder Qi ) counter a “ Death” strike to restore ones self or others.
    • This ability to restore the Qi to a flow, as a constructive cycle, is critical in the practice of the Martial ArtsLife and Death hang in the balance.
    Now if you take a look at his schedule section, you will note that he primarily seems to teach YOGA CLASSES. You will also note that the instructor (when Supreme Grand Master Harris is working his night shift at McDonalds) is Ashida Kim.
    http://www.shunshentao.com/CALENDARpg.htm

The MASTER WHEEL section seems to further indicate a connection to Radford Davis' ninja circle.
    http://www.shunshentao.com/MASTERS_OF_CHI.htm

He also appears to offer healing services:
    http://www.shunshentao.com/SERVICESpg.htm
    He seems to be running a clinic of sorts. Not too familiar with U.S. law, are new age clinics required to have a minimum level of health certification or a license?

I'm not sure how many of these would require hands-on-body sessions (with qi gong stuff it can go either way,) but if they do, I'm pretty sure that a certification is required. Haven't seen that cert on his page. Just saying...

I won't make your eyes bleed with the "research section," ... no, I lied. Here it is.
    http://www.shunshentao.com/RESEARCHpg.htm

Here's just a snippet.

The Upshot:
    Some of the data collected suggests a direct correlation to ADD and ADHD that is so prevalent in the male population. Further development of methods used to adjust / balance Yin & Yang essences, which by the way can be easily taught, could be a major key to abating multiple classes of mood and anxiety disorders / diseases in our western culture.
    A review of the scientific literature shows that ADD is a hotly debated topic. Some experts go as far as saying that the ADD syndrome lacks supportive evidence and should be clinically discarded (G. Coles, L. Fleisher and P. Breggin). Others believe that ADD is a neurological syndrome whose cause might be genetic (Hallowell and Ratey). However, they admit " the exact mechanism underlying ADD remains unknown. There is no single lesion of the brain, no single neurotransmitter system, no single gene we have identified that triggers ADD. Even the "experts" do not agree.

Our only concern here is to present possibly an alternative way for people suffering with ADD and ADHD.
    The Shun Shen Tao Institute of Natural Healing is a " Natural Way", without medication .

Aside from Harris' 7 DVD set, they also appear to be selling Qi Gong water. Yep, that wasn't a typo. Water.
    http://www.shunshentao.com/SHUN%20SH...QI%20WATER.htm

Qi is life energy, at the Shun Shen Tao Institute of Natural Healing, we administer Qi Gong treatments to assist in a person's recovery from injuries to sickness. The levels of Qi flow generated are tremendous when several Masters work together as a group in assisting a client's recovery.

Our waters are designed for Martial Art students to supplement an increase in their Qi levels being developed by Qi Gong exercises. We use name brand bottlers of only the best natural spring or artesian water then we dispatch all evil Qi that may be present, next the water is infused with very high levels of Qi right into the pre bottled water by the Masters of Shun Shen Tao and finally we armor (shield) the water from any possibility of direct or indirect invasion of evil Qi.
    Do I have to be a Martial Arts student to use the Qi Gong waters?
    No,
    Anyone who may need Qi Gong energy to support them in their activities such as Qi energy development, Reiki healing, Martial Arts training, bodybuilding, or Pilates.
    Our students are reporting that, supplemented with Qi Gong water, their goals set for their activities materialize rapidly.
    Regardless of how your body was depleted, either by working out, sparing, or energy healing, powering up with Qi Gong water will boost you back to performance levels.
    Drinking Qi Gong Water before a workout is a very good supplement to any exercise program.
    They actually claim that their magic water and Shun Shen Tao increase muscle mass and build abs.

Our students and clients report that Shun Shen Tao Qi water is very effective for building muscle mass and getting those abs faster...plus its terrific for toning muscles and reducing body fat.

There are many kinds of water being sold, many you have bought. Some of these water drinks are supposed to replenish your body with minerals and other additives. It has been stated that this is what our bodies totally need.
    Yet for thousands of years, ancient texts have guided us to conclude that building Qi flow is the essential quality in life.

The Shun Shen Tao Masters enliven bottles of water with tremendous levels of Qi and stabilize the Qi from dissipating, plus armoring (shielding) the water from any evil Qi that might invade it. This places our Qi Gong water above them all, be it by machine or man.
    Does any of this sound like medical claims/advice? Anyone familiar with medical law, is this legal? (Didnt see one of those *Not verified by FDA disclaimers either.)

I couldn't find the guy's background on the web site, so at least he seems to have gotten THAT message.

RECAP:
    -Vague asian sounding name of CMA from a guy who most likely doesn't speak the language, check.

-Association with a known fraud, check.

-Catering to new agers with yoga and qi gong, check.

-Selling magic water, check.

Not sure what the general law regarding health claims is, but he did indicate that his training program and magic water build muscle and improve health. That one is up in the air for me. I'm still curious to see if he is licensed with an accredited org for the services that he offers.

My acct. is out of memory, but if anyone could slap up some screen shots, I'd really appreciate it.
    Last edited by Sri Hanuman; 4/12/2011 11:40am at .
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I used to **** guys like you in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

Dipshit

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    4/12/2011 12:04pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sri Hanuman View Post
    My acct. is out of memory, but if anyone could slap up some screen shots, I'd really appreciate it.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast