Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/21/2007 7:49am

Style: .45ACP & Confusion

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The show looks okay at best.
    It seems to have the "Reality TV" feel about it.
    I hate "Reality TV"
    Just my $.02

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/21/2007 8:24am

Style: TSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nice politically correct name change, it was called "last man standing" in the UK and the contestants are all men. It was a good show even when they weren't fighting. Even though they weren't billed as wrestlers I'm sure that at least two of the Americans in the show had done a fair amount of wrestling before.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    9/21/2007 8:43am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The fact they go (or seem to be going) to tribal societies, and show the nitty gritty, that's a plus. I hope they don't go with mystical noble savage hippie crap.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/21/2007 8:50am

Style: TSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They do get into a few tribal rituals in a couple of the shows and one of the contestants is a bit of a new age hippie-type. But most of the show is about training them in the techniques required for the events and testing their endurance. There are a few nasty injuries along the way as well.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/21/2007 8:58am

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We've had that in the UK - great show. The producers posted a notice on here a while back recruiting for the second series. If you have MMA or wrestling experience you would have done well in most of the challenges, as most tribal sports seem to be some sort of fighting. The kick fighting episode was good, although it seems that a lot of the success was down to the size of the westerners. No weight categories plus western genetics / diet FTW.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/21/2007 10:20am

Style: .45ACP & Confusion

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    After reading these posts I think I will keep an open mind and give the show the old college try. When does it air?

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    10/05/2007 9:36am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Konnichiwa bitches. Current discussion going on here: http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=60847
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12