Sponsored Links Spacer Image

:)

Posted On:
    9/20/2007 7:04pm

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    great interview, all my musical heroes just about, were stoners, I couldn't be high and mighty about the ganga.

For the record, I've trained many times under green...it helps me relax, but isn't all good...my stamina suffers a bit. who cares, it's all fun.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/20/2007 8:50pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is smoking pot not bad for training? I mainly stay away from drugs due to the effects I think they will have on my health (not to mention the legal issues).

What's the deal with smoking then training?

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    9/20/2007 8:52pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He's brother talks like he has a mild form of down syndrome and Nick isn't much better.
    While I've nothing against pot, some people need all the brain cells they've got.

Posted On:
    9/20/2007 9:13pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    haha, pot is generally bad for training, but it can help some people loosen up (their muscles and mindset). Most people should never consider it during training. The herb has different effects on different people, and it won't help most...and can get someone hurt (dropping your guard to reach for a cookie)

Some people get zoned out, bad (read:ktfo), but some relax, and focus (and perhaps get a little hyper).
    I figure, I'm not a competing fighter, and when I'm out, I'm often baked...if I'm likely to get into it (kungfufighting), it'll be when I'm stoned. If train the way you fight, fight the way you train, is true, or at least worthy of note, then I've got that covered.

That said, I'm not a slacker stoner, I'm a very busy guy (studio yesterday,tomorrow,sun,tues,wed,thurs) who enjoys it, and it carries over to when I train sometimes. Not for everyone though. I wouldn't recommend it for most.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/20/2007 9:31pm

Style: BJJ / MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't smoke before I got to the gym but I do afterwards. I'm also a network engineer and when I have to get focused and really relaxed and into my "routing groove" I like to smoke a bowl or two. I've been in IT most of my adult life and most of the people I hang out with do IT. Most of them are stoners also. Would I want airline pilots getting high while working? No. But I've found that it helps me and my fellow IT freaks to really get into whatever project we are working on. I'm also one of those people that believes you should be allowed to do anything you want to your OWN body. As long as you aren't hurting others or a serious danger to yourself fucking do it if you want. I'm always shocked that going out and getting hammered from drinking is more socially accepted than sitting in your buddies house smoking a joint and talking about whatever crazy **** comes to mind.

/recourse

PS - Yeah I know I suck.

WARNING: BJJ may cause airway obstruction.

Posted On:
    9/20/2007 9:45pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Bajillion Joo Jizzu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by recourse
    I don't smoke before I got to the gym but I do afterwards. I'm also a network engineer and when I have to get focused and really relaxed and into my "routing groove" I like to smoke a bowl or two. I've been in IT most of my adult life and most of the people I hang out with do IT. Most of them are stoners also. Would I want airline pilots getting high while working? No. But I've found that it helps me and my fellow IT freaks to really get into whatever project we are working on. I'm also one of those people that believes you should be allowed to do anything you want to your OWN body. As long as you aren't hurting others or a serious danger to yourself fucking do it if you want. I'm always shocked that going out and getting hammered from drinking is more socially accepted than sitting in your buddies house smoking a joint and talking about whatever crazy **** comes to mind.

/recourse

PS - Yeah I know I suck.
    I was an engineer in college (never worked in the field though), and you're right, lots of them do get high. In fact, one of our snipers (someone who never comes to lecture but then shows up to wreck the test) always got high before an exam and then subsequently destroyed the curve.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/20/2007 9:53pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Pot kills brain cells, but what people don't realize is that it kills the weakest and slowest brain cells first, leaving only the most powerful and efficient ones to pass their genes on to the next generation. This is why people feel smarter after a few joints.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    9/20/2007 11:13pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince Tortelli
    Pot kills brain cells, but what people don't realize is that it kills the weakest and slowest brain cells first, leaving only the most powerful and efficient ones to pass their genes on to the next generation. This is why people feel smarter after a few joints.
    Fucking LARPer neurons.
    Shut the hell up and train.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/21/2007 2:38am

Style: BJJ, bad MT, ringworm fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I agree with your Diaz for president! But I think he needs a VP that will get his agenda handled. You obviously have to go with Eddie Bravo on that one. Diaz/Bravo in 08! Free weed for everyone! Joe Rogan for secretary of state! USA executive branch BJJ/MMA FTW!

Posted On:
    9/21/2007 5:10am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Ladies and Gentlemen, good evening, I'm some douche anchor here to report: Young presidential hopeful, Mr Diaz, won the first in a series of presidential debates yesterday evening, with a rear naked choke, in the third round of questions. More to follow, and yes, Mr Romney did indeed **** himself, apparently.

Contrary to popular opinion, including Mr Romney's own, his **** does stink....."
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast