Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/20/2007 4:30am

Style: Sub Westling, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Dealing with Big newbs?

Weve had a couple of big newbies turn up in the last few weeks and they are both tall stong and athletic. Both of them out weigh me by about 10 to 15 Kilos. One of them is not too much trouble as he is quite aggressive and throws himslfabout a bit and so its easy to manuver around him. the second guy is more awkward. He tends to just push forward and pancake you as much as possible occasionaly going for retarded over the head kimuras from half guard which he just isnt going to get working on me but generally just locking down and lying there.

Last night I did a lot of shucks with an under armpit underhook and attempting to get our to the side and crawl up on is back, I had some success and managed to get on his back with hooks in just a sthe timer for 5 mins went.

Any advice on working withthis guy?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/20/2007 5:59am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    foot on hip. es good jew jeetsu.

Posted On:
    9/20/2007 6:07am

Style: BJJ/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    if he's just trying to pancake and you have any type of half guard game, sweep 'em from there, or ****, use butterfly guard and up him when he's pushing forward.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/20/2007 6:36am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Butterfly hooks, every time. Both or just one, with a good underhook or overhook and elevate.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/20/2007 10:14am

supporting member
     Style: boxing/muy thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    guillotine?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/20/2007 10:28am

Style: Krav Maga (4), BJJ white

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, they're newbies, what do you expect? Train 'em right.

Unless they're being dicks. Then humiliate them.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/24/2007 9:48am

Style: Sub Westling, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RobT
    Butterfly hooks, every time. Both or just one, with a good underhook or overhook and elevate.
    Ok butterly hooks and side work/climbing to the back. Any other suggestions? (apart form more practice)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/03/2007 8:08pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OMFg, on my first class of jiu jitsu, there was this 30 something year old coming in with his friend teh same day as me, hes taller, and has way more muscle, and im a 5`9 155, skinny build 16 year old, when it was time to roll, he was like " this your first day? me and my friend over there are too, we were jsut trying things out and figuring out new moves" my thought was alright... thats reasonable. but when time came he used his big ass and smooshed me, tried some weird **** and like fucking wtf like he got it off tv or someshit and it ended up being a pain in the ass because it didnt do much, and somehow i got his back, except i couldnt get my hooks in cuz he was squirming around and like way bigger then me but i have my left arm trying to give him a rear naked choke, but him being stronger i wasnta ble to complete it, so it ended up being 30 seconds of me on his back, with my left arm trying to get the choke in, n him rollilng trying to get me on my back, his back on my chest, and me rolling him back onto his stomach and me on his back. which was such a bitch for a first class....