Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Knock-off Cthulhu

Posted On:
    9/20/2007 1:30am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ojgsxr6
    I used to have dreams where I would try to fight people but my punches were too slow and weak to hurt them.
    I get these too. Usually the people I try to beat up are obnoxious people that I know but don't really like. They just keep coming, no matter what I do.. Tossing them through windows, hitting them with baseball bats, nothing hurts them. It's like they're zombies and I'm out of shotgun ammo.
    Curiosity killed the cat. But damn it had a blast.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/20/2007 1:35am

Style: Suio Ryu Iai Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I used to have dreams where I would try to fight people but my punches were too slow and weak to hurt them.
    I sued to have the same dream! They stopped when I stopped being interested in Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu and got into some other stuff.

How do elenchus?

Posted On:
    9/20/2007 1:43am

Style: gah, transition again

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This. And it's scary as ****, because they're trying to kill you.

nuthin' ta f*ck with

Posted On:
    9/20/2007 2:08am

supporting member
     Style: MT/SUB GRAPPLING

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sometimes I dream of not being able to properly do any VanDamage, other times I just smash a bottle into the opponent's face or stab him or other misc. maimage.
    Those are the best dreams.

Posted On:
    9/20/2007 2:13am

Style: Muay Thai n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh..... ****. I hate those. Just reading that sentence makes a shiver run down my spine... ugh...

Oh, and here's my "I'm such a badass" dreams I used to get in high school where I was sort of that Anti-Social Nerd who's people skills were so bad that... wait, why the **** am I telling you bastards this? Dammit, here's the fucking dreams I had a few years ago:

Alleyway in Boston. I see either this lacross jock, football jock, other football jock, third football jock, or this guy who is just a total ass. They are terrified of me and back up a ways into the alley. I follow and punch them in the gut, folding them in half. From there on (depending on if I was still doing Krotty or if I had started Judo by then) I either pushed them against the wall and unloaded into their face until it was as squishy as play-dough or chocked them out saying **** like "You're fading _____, you're gunna fucking die"

Therapy and liquor, trust me. They help.

Graviora Manent

Posted On:
    9/20/2007 2:26am

Join us... or die
     Style: No gym currently.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I used to get dreams where I'd do something, get in trouble and then try and cover it up by killing the witnesses.
    I'd get these a lot at one point.
    Sometimes, my misdeeds were in really public places, and I'd have to kill a lot of people.

I'm pretty sure the "punches are slow/no effect" dreams are insecurity dreams, our subconscious grabbing hold of our skills and using them against us.
    I have a musician friend who used to get a version of this where he couldn't sing, or he only had a left-handed guitar and couldn't work out how to play it right-handed.

nuthin' ta f*ck with

Posted On:
    9/20/2007 2:31am

supporting member
     Style: MT/SUB GRAPPLING

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I had this dream where we were in a parking lot and there were drugs in the car so I couldn't fight in view of the public...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/20/2007 2:38am

Style: Muay Thai, CSW

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i had dreams where i killed a person and then kept the body so that i could eat it. then after i wake up i'd completely lose my appetite for a day or so.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/20/2007 2:43am

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Every dream I had that involved fighting was like that. I would wind up a punch and right before contact, all the strength in the punch disappears. Interesting enough, I'd start freaking out in my dream and attempt to pummel the other guy to death, but the same thing happens with every punch. I've tried kicks, throws, anything I could think of but same effect, all the power in the attack disappears before contact.

I always figured that my fighting dreams are like that because I've never been in a fight before. Not to mention I wouldn't start a fight in the first place.

If it's actually insecurity, then, well... that really sucks.

How do I shot web?

Posted On:
    9/20/2007 2:43am

supporting member
     Style: JKDC, Kali, Swords

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon S Kennedy
    i had dreams where i killed a person and then kept the body so that i could eat it. then after i wake up i'd completely lose my appetite for a day or so.

I've had dreams like that. I used to have this one where I was washing dishes in a sink, but everything would remain stained red. I would go pick up a sponge to try and scrub, and the next thing I know, the sponge becomes the decapitated head of my best friend. Then I notice that the kitchen is stained in blood and there are parts of my friends body strung up everywhere. I always woke up from those feeling not too fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by ggboxer
    You know what, the hell with this ****. I'll leave my lame ass bitching ways and suck off the site management as my compliments, but I'll maintain my boobtastic status here always.
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast