Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/24/2007 1:00am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Isshinryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I only dream about beating up people that I really hate. It's a list of one that changes year to year. Also, I never just beat them up. I usually kill them (often by kicking/throwing them off a building).

Right now I'm not having violent dreams because the person I hate most in the world is the guy who figured out how to put bombs in flip-flops. I didn't have to take off my shoes before that bastard...you get the picture. Unfortunately, I don't know who this person is or what he looks like, hence, no violent dreams.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/24/2007 2:22am

Style: BJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yeah sleep paralysis is badass.

i used to hate getting it, but when it happens now its kinda fun.

you cant move and the whole room feels like its vibrating, you can see figures and shadows moving around the room, and can hear voices behind you that arent saying anything coherent but you know its bad.

sometimes you feel like you are falling through the floor aswell.

one time i woke up and my girlfriend was sleeping next to me facing the other way, but then her head swivelled round and her face kept shapeshifting and saying some messed up ****. was super weird.

its caused mainly by stress or bad sleeping habits

Posted On:
    9/24/2007 3:08am

Style: Muay Thai n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How 'bout the traditional "Oh ****, I'm back in High School and I'm only in my underpants!!!" (Which always seem to be whitey tighties no matter what form of undergarments one wore then or at the time of the dream)?

Did anyone end up cracking skulls then or did they just wake up in a cold sweat and a dire need to go put some jeans on?

Apologies if this was posted before, but I don't want to spend time reading 10 odd pages of psychotic Freud-ramblings.

PS: How 'bout wet-dreams? I mean, c'mawn.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/24/2007 6:00am

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Of course I have those dreams! Who doesn't!?

But what's funny is that ever since I got back into the MAs (about a year ago), I've had dreams where I'll be all geared up and ready for a fight (as in a Muay Thai, MMA, or cage match), and all I dream about is the events leading up to it, but I wake up before the actual fight takes place (Grrrrr...)

Like last night, I had a dream that I was in Thailand, training Muay Thai. And I had gotten a match. I was all excited, and was gleefully anticipating it as I was getting taped up and my armbands and mongkon put on. Then it was time to leave to go to the stadium for the match. Only... I didn't know where it was (being a foreigner in Thailand and all). And up until that point, I was under the impression that someone else would be driving me to the match. Someone that knew their way around. But I found out at the last minute that I had to get myself there. So I try to ask directions to this one outdoor vendor at a burger stand, but all she kept answering me was with her specials on the menu, after I repeatedly asked how to get to the stadium. I give up, and then find a bus getting ready to leave. Thinking that it might be going to the stadium, but unsure, I get in the doorway and ask the bus driver if the bus is going there. He just keeps telling me to get on, get on, get on... but never answers me. So finally, to shut him up, I get on. Then I ask if the bus is going to the stadium. And guess what? It ISN'T!!!

I believe that was about when I woke up, and of course, it was well before I actually got to have the match (Grrrrr!). Weird I know. But then, does anyone have dreams that AREN'T weird? Think about that...

And yes, the reason that people have dreams where they can't run, can't shoot, can't punch or kick with any sort of power/speed... IS in fact because the brain paralyzes the body to a certain extent so that it can't actually act out dreams. So basically your brain (another part of the brain, I imagine) is telling your body to do stuff that it can't do (because of the paralysis). Of course, there are some people that are exceptions to this rule. Like the Vietnam vet who ended up choking his wife to death while he was having a flashback.

Of course, I've only read this stuff. And of course I've experienced it in my own dreams. I'm not a doctor, neither do I play one on TV! If you wanna know more about this stuff, then you're just gonna have to JFGI. Peace...

Josh

P.S. As I mentioned earlier, just ONCE I'd like to actually get to fight, either in the dream OR in real life. Someday... someday...

Spear Sister

Posted On:
    9/24/2007 2:10pm

supporting membersupporting member
     Style: Dancing the Spears

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldWarCheese
    How 'bout the traditional "Oh ****, I'm back in High School and I'm only in my underpants!!!" (Which always seem to be whitey tighties no matter what form of undergarments one wore then or at the time of the dream)?

I have "back in highschool" dreams but generally it's me in regular class and for some reason the teacher is on my case and then I realize "hey, I've been out of school for almost 7 years, i dont have to take **** from you"
    and then i tell the teacher off and leave.

Dorkus Malorkus

Posted On:
    9/24/2007 2:14pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/BJJudo/Crossfit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have the "I haven't been to college for most of the semester because I've been working, and now I'm there for the final which I completely forgot about."

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    9/24/2007 2:26pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i used to get the punching slow dream fairly often, havent had it in a bit though. i wonder whats behind that. other than that i usually dream about either fucking or violence.

Posted On:
    9/24/2007 2:27pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I sometimes daydream about beating people up. I'll be sitting around when a new strategy to try out in sparring comes into my head, I drift off, and occassionally when I snap back to reality I even have my hands up.

Spear Sister

Posted On:
    9/24/2007 3:42pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex
    i used to get the punching slow dream fairly often, havent had it in a bit though. i wonder whats behind that. other than that i usually dream about either fucking or violence.

I'd assume it's some sort of doubt about ones abilities manifesting itself.

For a while after I started muay thai and BJJ I would always suck at striking in my dreams and use grappling to defeat my foes.

I think this basically reversed itself after I more or less quit grappling and began fighting muay thai all the time, thus confirming to myself that I can actually hit a real person and more or less avoid getting hit in return.

Now I basically beat the everloving **** out of everyone in my dreams.

I like how dreams mimic real life.

Spear Sister

Posted On:
    9/24/2007 3:46pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And suddenly I am reminded of a dream that I had when I was a young karate nerd wherin i was fighting this vampire looking girl and she threw an energy ball at me and I summoned my own ki and deflected it with a hadoken style blast of my own.
    At the time I think I took this as a sign of me becoming more in tune with my karate and really learning to focus my ki.

I am also reminded of how frequently I dreamt about being in Xena episodes. I was always gabrielle.