Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/19/2008 2:06am

Style: Tae Kwon Do, Aikido, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ...from the back cover of "Master Kicking Guide" by John La Tourrette, MsD

"5th degreee Black Belt, Dr. La Tourrette has trained Ninjas, Special Forces, Rangers, Mercenaries, S.W.A.T., and Martial Artists in the Art of War. Soldier of Fortune magazine state: "(He) has broken through the stagnant forms of classical and non-innovative present-day martial arts... and knows and preaches as did Bruce Lee and Michael Echanis...'win any way you can.'"

and from the bottom of the back cover:

"This kicking Bible has been read by such experts as Ed Parker, Bill Wallace and Jay T. Will. Join their ranks by studying this book and discover for yourself how-to-kick for street combat".

Posted On:
    1/20/2008 12:55am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That must be a different printing, the back cover of my copy of MKG (first edition, 1982) does not say that. It has the quote from Soldier of Fortune magazine about JLT and a summary of the contents, and a photo, the caption under the photo says "Dr. LaTourrette has been involved in martial arts for 25 years, he has been classified as expert, or "Black Belt" for the last eighteen of them. He hols Black Belt ranking in the international Kenpo Karate Assn, International TKD Federation, American Judo & Ju-Jitsu Federation, and Shotokan Karate.

No mention of Bill Wallace or Ninjas, guess that came later...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/22/2008 9:20am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The thing you have to remember with John M. La Tourrette is the bullshit is so deep that you can shovel for a very long time and still not get anywhere. It is tough to pinpoint when he said what, and which version is true, or if none of it is. He apparently counts touches to different parts of the opponent's body during the same strike as "hits" to come up with his 16.5X figure. Of course, no human alive can hit that fast effectively, but his claim does not state the 16.5X hits per second are effective. This could be a problem for someone who is misled by the bullshit.

Apparently, some of his more questionable claims may be dangerous medically as well. Here is a link to a post from reprinted below from scam.com http://www.scam.com/showpost.php?p=450517&postcount=16

I know someone with a serious mental illness who has been brainwashed into thinking La Tourette is the closest thing to God here on earth. He has given the bastard $100,000.00 and flies to Oregon from Australia for his seminars at least once a year. These trips are leaving him destitute and he keeps paying rent and not buying somewhere to live because he has to give to La Tourette to learn how to secretly control people's minds etc. In fact... when caught speeding this person tried to "psychically influence" the judge. It was very sad.

I know another person who La Tourette told to "stop taking his medication" because he was "cured". The guy is now dead.

The bastard has to be stopped. The only thing he is genuinely good at is marketing to desperate people. It is just awful. He would be closed down in Australia. Guaranteed.

Posted On:
    2/05/2008 3:39pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kenpo,Am. Karate,Escrima

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    From Botunga:

1994 Kali-Escrima, 5th Dan, American Karate Escrima Assoc. Master
    Glen Harmany

I trained under Mr. Harmany at his Dojo in Auburn, WA. This was from 1999-2001. I know La Tourette had connections to this school, but I never met him. The school required a few of his books as reading. The books were not bad. I've definitely seen better. I cannot confirm or deny his promotion in this school, but, like I said, I never saw him there.

It really does seem that he has gone off the deep end.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/08/2008 5:11am

Style: FMA, JJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LOL...nice.

Funny thing is I have Tourrette's Syndrome, was diagnosed with it as a kid. This dude, man hes whacked. I saw his ads in all kinds of magazines years back when I was in high school but never paid much attention to them. Now I know why I never did.

Posted On:
    5/06/2008 7:01pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not sure if this has been said but this guy posts a lot on kenpotalk.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123