Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Keeping you safe from Mongolians

Posted On:
    9/22/2007 3:53pm

Style: Sanda/Taijiquan *Hiatus*

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd never heard of Armenians before TUF. I gotta say it's not making me want to go Armenia so far. Is everyone there like Robert DeNiro?

Enforcer of Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc.

Posted On:
    9/22/2007 3:54pm

supporting member
     Style: Kaju, BJJ, Judo, Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by feedback
    Ok how long is it going to take to figure out referring to the coaches as "Matt" isn't a good idea?
    2-3 more episodes
    Knowing is not enough, you must apply...
    ...Willing is not enough you must do
    ~Bruce Lee

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/22/2007 3:54pm

Style: not training/injured

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nord
    I'm going for Hughes because he is from the Midwest, the Heart of America, and he just seems to be more genuine and patriotic than someone from New York. He's a devout Christian too. Always think of your country and the people who truly built it when you consider who to root for.
    I'm from Long Island, and even worse I train at Serra's. I've been deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan, in fact I volunteered each time. So basically, what the **** are you talking about? I've heard of racism, but what the **** is this? Geographism? I'm calling Rev. Al Sharpton and the ACLU! I'll have swarms of reporters and protesters invade your little town. And to think in the world today that such a hatred inside you is just because that the color of a person's drivers license isn't the same as yours? Shame on you Nord, you should go flog yourself and watch Staying Alive until you see the error in your ways.

Enforcer of Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc.

Posted On:
    9/22/2007 3:55pm

supporting member
     Style: Kaju, BJJ, Judo, Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by seanyseanybean
    I'd never heard of Armenians before TUF. I gotta say it's not making me want to go Armenia so far. Is everyone there like Robert DeNiro?
    You're just intimidated by people who aren't, "FUCKIN POOSIES!"
    Knowing is not enough, you must apply...
    ...Willing is not enough you must do
    ~Bruce Lee

Posted On:
    9/22/2007 5:23pm

Style: Systema & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    wow, just came back from Karo's seminar, and yup, what we see is what we get with Armenians.....
    thats all i'll say about that

Posted On:
    9/22/2007 8:38pm

Style: Does exercise count?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HANKtheTANK
    wow, just came back from Karo's seminar, and yup, what we see is what we get with Armenians.....
    thats all i'll say about that
    So it's cool to chastise the guy who says he likes Hughes based on huge stupid over generalizations, but it's totally fine to generalize about people based on geography/race/culture?

I'm no ultra-PC idiot who thinks everyone is the same, and this doesn't really offend me as much as it seems stupid. I was room mates with an Armenian guy first semester of college, and he was very laid back. He did have a bit of a temper, but that mostly came out in situations which weren't good to begin with and warrented a lesser reaction, or when drinking. A 18/19 male in college who over reacts? Probably due to his heritage.

I don't doubt there might be some sort of ultra-machismo cultural standard there, but let's keep from being hypocrites by not painting in such broad strokes. It's far more likely he was picked because he was a character than he's a character because he's Armenian.

If I learned all I know about black people from last season's TUF, I'd assume they all bark and talk to the voices in their head.

Edit: I also am pretty good friends with an Armenian family that runs an Italian resturaunt (go figure) and they are among the sweetest people I've met. They do tend to be very emotionally driven people as a family. Take that for what it's worth...which is to say about $10 per person. Now I'm hungry.
    Last edited by Gypsy Jazz; 9/22/2007 8:43pm at .

Martial and Sexual Artist

Posted On:
    9/23/2007 10:55am

supporting member
     Style: standup to ground

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nord
    I'm going for Hughes because he is from the Midwest, the Heart of America, and he just seems to be more genuine and patriotic than someone from New York. He's a devout Christian too. Always think of your country and the people who truly built it when you consider who to root for.

Truly built it?

NY has been a state longer than any state in the mid west asshole.

Born and Raised in Queens.

YOu midwest types need to stop thinking you are the "heart" of america. It was the East Coast that got this party started

PS. I am black and I feel the pressure to comform to many stereotypes here on bullshido. I am going to complain
    Last edited by Sh0t; 9/23/2007 11:07am at .
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011