228413 Bullies, 4278 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 131 to 140 of 158
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41011121314 1516 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Middlefinger is offline
    Middlefinger's Avatar

    Welterweight

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Victoria, B.C.
    Posts
    519

    Posted On:
    9/23/2007 1:49am

    supporting member
     Style: none

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Hard Times" starring Charles Bronson as a bare knuckle boxer during the depression with James Coburn as his manager/promoter/partner.
  2. DaChinkOfSteel is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    orlando, FL
    Posts
    328

    Posted On:
    9/24/2007 10:35am


     Style: Muay Thai, BJJ, TKD

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goofus lee

    DaChinkOfSteel: Steel Dawn was actually a decent post apocolyptic swordfighting movie. It's probably the best example of the subgenre.
    Gotcha...cause I was thinking of that movie where he (Swayze) fought off a bunch of Commie Nazis or something with Charlie Sheen...that was Red Dawn, yes?
  3. Vince Tortelli is offline

    Light Heavyweight

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4,000

    Posted On:
    9/24/2007 10:53am

    supporting member
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just bought Best of the Best over the weekend, based solely on the number of recommendations that it received on this thread. After watching it, all I can say is: How have I lived this long without this movie? IT HAS EVERYTHING! James Earl Jones, Kane Hodder, Mullets, a karate black belt who wears a cowboy hat everywhere (Travis Brick FTW!) and it makes TKD sparring look like the bloodiest, most rugged event ever. Also, I very nearly teared up at the ending (marking first time since Old Yeller that's happened to me) Thank you Bullshido!
  4. DaChinkOfSteel is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    orlando, FL
    Posts
    328

    Posted On:
    9/24/2007 10:57am


     Style: Muay Thai, BJJ, TKD

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince Tortelli
    I just bought Best of the Best over the weekend, based solely on the number of recommendations that it received on this thread. After watching it, all I can say is: How have I lived this long without this movie? IT HAS EVERYTHING! James Earl Jones, Kane Hodder, Mullets, a karate black belt who wears a cowboy hat everywhere (Travis Brick FTW!) and it makes TKD sparring look like the bloodiest, most rugged event ever. Also, I very nearly teared up at the ending (marking first time since Old Yeller that's happened to me) Thank you Bullshido!
    Dude...Best of the Best = Vision Quest for TKD'ers...I remember watching that movie before TKD tournaments and at TKD lock-in/sleepover things when I was and kid and thinking, "THIS IS THE ****!!!!"

    ...and whoa whoa...Kane Hodder?...isn't that the guy who played Jason in the Friday the 13th movies...?
  5. Vince Tortelli is offline

    Light Heavyweight

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4,000

    Posted On:
    9/24/2007 11:00am

    supporting member
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes it is. He's the big redneck guy in the bar at the beginning of the movie. You know, the one who sees his girlfriend dancing with Travis, throws a punch at Travis (aka the real star of the movie), misses, and smacks his own girl right in the face, causing Travis to respond "Way to go, Burt, don't take no lip off her!"
  6. Gezere is offline
    Gezere's Avatar

    My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Rhineland Pfalz, Der Vaderland
    Posts
    10,587

    Posted On:
    9/24/2007 11:20am

    supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goofus lee
    Asia: Didn't Rikidozan die like Bruiser Brody did? Wasn't he also the guy who introduced greco-roman wrestling moves to pro wrestling in Japan?
    Yep. Both got stabbed and died of infection. Rikidozan pissed off the yakuza who helped him set up a wrestling org. And Brody pissed of other wrestlers and was feared he would take over the WWC.

    As far as the Greco part, I don't really know. He was known for his finishing move, the "karate chop"

    DaChinkOfSteel: Steel Dawn was actually a decent post apocolyptic swordfighting movie. It's probably the best example of the subgenre.
    I haven't seen that movie in ages. One of the better Swayze movies out there. Not I got to go find it again.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

    RIP SOLDIER

    Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

    You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh
  7. goofus lee is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    metro Detroit area
    Posts
    69

    Posted On:
    9/24/2007 11:32am

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: working and schooling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    Kane MFing Hodder?

    Vince:I totally missed the guy; not that I'd recognize him without the hockey mask. Best of the Best was pretty cool back in the nineties. I'm willing to say it has held up, just like the Perfect Weapon.

    DaChinkOfSteel: Originally, when it came out on cable back in '88 or '89, I mistook it for Red Dawn (John Milius, the director, also did Conan the Barbarian). Steel Dawn is pretty cool. It may not be a well made movie, but it is fun.
  8. Snake Plissken is offline
    Snake Plissken's Avatar

    When I Get Back

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    11,559

    Posted On:
    9/24/2007 11:54am

    supporting member
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goofus lee
    Vince:I totally missed the guy; not that I'd recognize him without the hockey mask. Best of the Best was pretty cool back in the nineties. I'm willing to say it has held up, just like the Perfect Weapon.

    DaChinkOfSteel: Originally, when it came out on cable back in '88 or '89, I mistook it for Red Dawn (John Milius, the director, also did Conan the Barbarian). Steel Dawn is pretty cool. It may not be a well made movie, but it is fun.

    I dunno, I think The Perfect Weapon is much better then Best of the Best.
  9. DaChinkOfSteel is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    orlando, FL
    Posts
    328

    Posted On:
    9/24/2007 12:02pm


     Style: Muay Thai, BJJ, TKD

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvarks
    I dunno, I think The Perfect Weapon is much better then Best of the Best.
    BITE YOUR TONGUE!
  10. Vince Tortelli is offline

    Light Heavyweight

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4,000

    Posted On:
    9/24/2007 12:08pm

    supporting member
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll hit the DVD shops around here and see if I can find this "Perfect Weapon" so I can judge for myself.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.