Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/18/2007 8:13pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Best Martial Arts Movies

Help me pick out some good martial arts movies. I'm going to place an order at Amazon tomorrow.

I like early Seagal movies-- Hard to Kill, Under Siege, Above the Law. I like good MA action, guns and hot women. I don't care if it is a B flick, they can be just as good.

One movie I am going to order is Code of Silence (Chuck Norris).

I also like HK cinema. I have "A Better Tomorrow I & II" and most Chow Yun Fat flicks. I am a big fan of the heroic bloodshed genre. BTW, if anyone has not seen A Better Tomorrow go get it. You will thank me. It has the best handgun action in any movie ever made where Chow Yun Fat shoots up the guys at the dinner table and empties clip after clip after clip.

Give me movie suggestions to buy. I want to buy 3 or 4 movies to get the free shipping.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/18/2007 9:32pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would go with Undisputed 2 (B movie, stars Michael Jai White), Hard Target (Jean Claude van damne and Lance Henrikson) and Lone Wolf McQuade (The Norris).

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    9/18/2007 9:43pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I second Undisputed 2

Also "best of the best" is a five dollar special and is almost roadhousian in its hubris

Although not "martial arts" per se you had best not fail to watch a movie called Diggstown - Lou Gosset Jr plays boxer "Honey" Roy Palmer, the cash-fighting partner of a con artist (James woods) so slick he made a hundred grand in prison. They work together to con a guy (bruce dern) who may be the world's crookedest boxing promoter.

Oh man, if you like cheesy weird **** you DEFINITELY need to get a DVD called "The Blood of Heroes"

It's this weird post apocalyptic movie with Rutger hauer.

Equilibrium is a damn cool movie, I think, even if the 'martial arts' in it are pretty far out
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Pseudo-Scrambler Extraordinaire

Posted On:
    9/18/2007 9:44pm

supporting member
     Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ong Bak :)

Here to kick your ass.

Posted On:
    9/18/2007 9:48pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Jubo NOOB, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JJson
    Help me pick out some good martial arts movies. I'm going to place an order at Amazon tomorrow.

I like early Seagal movies-- Hard to Kill, Under Siege, Above the Law. I like good MA action, guns and hot women. I don't care if it is a B flick, they can be just as good.

One movie I am going to order is Code of Silence (Chuck Norris).

I also like HK cinema. I have "A Better Tomorrow I & II" and most Chow Yun Fat flicks. I am a big fan of the heroic bloodshed genre. BTW, if anyone has not seen A Better Tomorrow go get it. You will thank me. It has the best handgun action in any movie ever made where Chow Yun Fat shoots up the guys at the dinner table and empties clip after clip after clip.

Give me movie suggestions to buy. I want to buy 3 or 4 movies to get the free shipping.

Later ones from HK cinema i would suggest are SPL, Invisible target, Flashpoint (when it comes out), Dragon Tiger Gate (warning, lots of ridiculousness), and Fearless i really enjoyed, bit dramatic in the middle but very good overall. See if you can get the HK release, the US one isn't as good, i thought.

Oh, just to make sure- As a Chow Yun fan- you have Hard Boiled right?! I havent seen it yet personally but i hear it's feakin awesome.

US cinema: the above suggestions by vince, Transporter Movies, Fight Club (you should already have seen this), Die hard is OK, Fifth Element is good and i think its called Behind Enemy Lines- i really enjoyed that.

And check out Ong Bak (Thailand) for some gritty and fucking awesome fight scenes. Get the Thai uncut release if you can too.

These are my faves, but i have more if you want!

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/18/2007 9:48pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Only the Strong" has both capoeira and a cameo from Frank Dux. How can you go wrong with that combination?

Here to kick your ass.

Posted On:
    9/18/2007 9:49pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh and Running Out of Time.

God i love Andy Lau...

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/18/2007 9:53pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Versus. Martial arts vs. Zombies. This movie's characters are so cool, the script never even gives them names!

Here to kick your ass.

Posted On:
    9/18/2007 9:57pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh and Dog Eat Dog (HK) is meant to be very goog to, dont know wether it's out yet though.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/18/2007 9:58pm

Style: no-gi judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Snatch....one of my favorite boxing movies =D

horrible movie if your judging by martial arts, but good movie
Page 1 of 16 1 234511 ... LastLast