9/18/2007 4:07pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Have hair will travel: Road Warrior Goulet spruces up for next fight

Have hair will travel: Road Warrior Goulet spruces up for next fight

By Neil Davidson

(CP) - Jonathan (The Road Warrior) Goulet has done his hair. He's ready to fight.

The mixed martial arts welterweight from Quebec, who takes on American Dustin Hazelett on Wednesday in Las Vegas, is known for his colourful 'do's.

For his fight against Josh Koscheck in August 2006, he had the words "For Rent" on his head, explained later he wanted to eventually showcase his principal sponsor on his noggin. His MySpace page shows an M and R shaved in his head, to promote M&R Superstore electronics.

This time, it's a kind of mohawk, with tribal relief on the side of his head.

"I'm not sure if I'm looking good, but it's my trademark," said Goulet, a native of Victoriaville who spends much of his time in Montreal.

Goulet, 28, equates getting his hair done to putting on his warpaint.

His head undergoes many changes before each fight. Sometimes his hair looks like a beret, painted jauntily on one side of his head. Other times, his coif is like a treasure map, with coloured islands and shapes.

The Hazelett fight is on the undercard of the Kenny Florian-Din Thomas main event on the Ultimate Fight Night Night card (Spike TV, 9 p.m. ET).

Goulet (19-8 with one no contest) wrapped up his training by sparring in Montreal with fellow Canadian fighters Georges St. Pierre and David Loiseau.

Hazelett, 21, is coming off an impressive submission win over Stevie Lynch at UFC 71 in Belfast in June.

He was supposed to fight Mike (Quick) Swick but the opponent was switched to Hazelett after Swick suffered a rib injury training.

Goulet is no stranger to seeing opponents change, taking on Duane (Bang) Ludwig after Jeremy Jackson withdrew.

"I don't know why, but it's always like that," he said.

And Hazelett is used to stepping in as a replacement. He took over for Joe Riggs against Tony DeSouza.

"I deserve that," Goulet said of this latest UFC fight. "I was busy this year. This is going to be my sixth fight this year. I deserve that place and I'll prove to everybody I should be in the UFC."

Goulet fights full time and needs the win to keep getting his UFC paycheque.

"We fighters all dream of a career like Georges St. Pierre or (Randy) Couture," he said of the former welterweight and current heavyweight champions. "I am not going to do this all my life. I think I have still 10 more years in the sport."

While Goulet lost to Koscheck and is 2-2 in the UFC, he holds wins over Shonie Carter, Jay Hieron, Tony Fryklund and Canadians John Alessio and Jeff Joslin.

He has fought five times outside the UFC since the Koscheck loss, going 3-1 with one no contest (when a submission was negated because the round mistakenly was allowed to go over the five-minute mark).

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/0...a_road_warrior

Check out http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=59958 for more discussion on UFC Fight Night: Kenny Florian vs Din Thomas
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Using Donkey Guard to Sniffz Your Feetz

Posted On:
    9/19/2007 2:05am

Style: Kick Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I still can't get the one punch KO delivered to him by "BANG"!!!!!!!!!
    Amateur MMA record: 8-3-1
    Pro MMA record: 3-1