Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/18/2007 10:19am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kajukenbo & Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Favorite Kajukenbo Videos

Last edited by fivestar; 9/18/2007 10:29am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/18/2007 2:19pm

Style: Judo, Tomiki Aikido, ??

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm really glad for the last video. After watching the other two I was begining to wonder if they ever taught people to defend themselves or if they were simply training human practice dummies.

Enforcer of Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc.

Posted On:
    9/18/2007 11:56pm

supporting member
     Style: Kaju, BJJ, Judo, Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, Kaju guys do indeed more videos available on the net of them fighting. Professor Bono has a bunch of vids floating about of his boys in local MMA. I'll see if I can dig them up.
    Knowing is not enough, you must apply...
    ...Willing is not enough you must do
    ~Bruce Lee

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/19/2007 9:44am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kajukenbo & Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kempofist,

Yes, please do, I would like to see those.

OFFICIAL Mayor of Cwcville

Posted On:
    9/19/2007 11:34am

supporting member
     Style: Electricity, Speed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, I too have always felt the traditional arts needed more videos of instructors fake-slapping passive students 100 times in response to a single punch. Thank God Kajunkenbo is here to fill that void.
    Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

1) I am STRAIGHT! I am STRAIGHT! Get it through your thick skulls, numbskulls!

2) My name is not Ian Brandon Something.

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon

Posted On:
    9/19/2007 12:17pm

Style: chinese boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Boyd, you better pray you don't ever nod, then extend your fist, walk over to me, and stop right before my face, because I will mess you up good!

Wait, I messed up. Do it again. Slower. No, right hand. No, MY right, you're left. KIA!

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/19/2007 12:54pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's cool, I love seeing the kneebars and chokes integrated in. I wonder if those are more modern interpetations.

Posted On:
    9/19/2007 1:56pm

Style: TKD, MT, KEMPO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is the guy supposed to be in a coma after the punch? I can understand the overkill, but seeing as it's choreographed anyway, the attacker could at least try to throw a few half hearted responses, as opposed to just standing there. I'm referring to the firs video.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/19/2007 3:43pm

Style: Hillbilly Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by new2bjj
    Is the guy supposed to be in a coma after the punch? I can understand the overkill, but seeing as it's choreographed anyway, the attacker could at least try to throw a few half hearted responses, as opposed to just standing there. I'm referring to the firs video.
    I left the venerable "Ke?po" on the very day I realized I had no answers to your questions. I, for one, do not understand the concept of "overkill" techniques in the slightest. For one, it's terrible self-defense. If you take a swing at me and I proceed to kill you in seventeen different places guess which one of us is going to jail?

Secondly, they are not applicable to sparring or competition because they contain illegal strikes and, most importantly, incorrectly assume that your opponent will mount absolutely no defense or counter-attack.

Lastly, they all have ridiculous comic book names like "Fist of Destruction"

So essentially you spend a great deal of time learning techniques that have absolutely no value outside of tournaments and impressing gullible seminar attendees. I'm sure there's some great "Ke?po" out there somewhere. Someone please point me in the direction lest I feel I completely wasted my youth!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/19/2007 5:17pm

Style: Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickenBeakFist
    I left the venerable "Ke?po" on the very day I realized I had no answers to your questions. I, for one, do not understand the concept of "overkill" techniques in the slightest. For one, it's terrible self-defense. If you take a swing at me and I proceed to kill you in seventeen different places guess which one of us is going to jail?

Secondly, they are not applicable to sparring or competition because they contain illegal strikes and, most importantly, incorrectly assume that your opponent will mount absolutely no defense or counter-attack.

Lastly, they all have ridiculous comic book names like "Fist of Destruction"

So essentially you spend a great deal of time learning techniques that have absolutely no value outside of tournaments and impressing gullible seminar attendees. I'm sure there's some great "Ke?po" out there somewhere. Someone please point me in the direction lest I feel I completely wasted my youth!

Hey, I thought this thread was about Kajukenbo?
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast