Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Hoo Ha!

Posted On:
    5/31/2008 12:25pm

supporting member
     Style: San Da, Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I got the impression he was heavily hinting it was the same ambassador that was linked to the BAE fiasco. Unless the dates dont add up.

Posted On:
    6/01/2008 4:18pm

Style: SAMBO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is it time to send this link the Tony Anthony to ask him for info?

Posted On:
    6/02/2008 5:54am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: kung fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm reading his book now, and it's a great story. But I also have the feeling that he made some things up. I will digg into this, he's coming sunday here (I thought last sunday but he is coming June 8). He does really mention the IKFF in his book, but on the website it says that it is found in 2003. He also talks about 'illegal organisations' but the IKFF would be 'legal' and made sure that he got kung fu classes in England.

From the book (facts that can be checked)

He also says that his grandfather, 'Lowsi' Cheung Ling Soo, is one of the greatest Kung Fu masters. We could check if someone know anything about him, or the village where they lived.

The Ashraf Tae school in Karachi, Pakistan is where an old rival of his grandfather. He made Ashraf sound like he was one of the best Kung Fu teachers and had one of the greatest Kung Fu schools. If anyone knows if Tony was very good in karate, it should be him. In the book it is said that he is the biggest rival and Tony won twice from students that Ashraf trained.

About the championship:
    He became champion once in Thailand, twice in Hong Kong. His biggest rival there was Li Chang Po from Xi'an, trained by 'great master' Gwonk Siu Fong. Maybe we can track him down, or find an organisation where he is in, to find out where the championship might have took place.

EDIT: he says IKFF is the International Kung Fu Federation from Genéve, but the international federation that we found is known as IKF, not IKFF. We could mail and ask if there are/were any organisations with the same name. But I doubt it.
    Last edited by fabulousmary123; 6/02/2008 6:04am at .

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/02/2008 6:28am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: artful dodging...

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    this guy is a fucking nutjob

Posted On:
    6/02/2008 7:32am

Style: SAMBO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What pisses me off most about this guy actually is that he's managed to convince some quite mainstream Christian groups that he's legit. Heres an article about him in War Cry (The Salvation Army publication):

http://www1.salvationarmy.org.uk/uki...Apr%202005.pdf

Would it be worth while contacting War Cry to see if they have any other details on this guy?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/04/2008 6:47pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    From that link

"I wish I could delete the Kung Fu files from my mind."

I do sympathise, I feel the same about my Wing Chun files.

That article really is a load of crap, but a religion that believes in immaculate conception and Satan is always going to be gullible towards this sort of rubbish.

Hoo Ha!

Posted On:
    6/05/2008 1:49am

supporting member
     Style: San Da, Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He better acknowledge that the kung fu element to his story is the only reason he is even noticed.

Bad things, prison then turned christian is not a compelling story.

Posted On:
    7/25/2008 5:27am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi, I might screw up now, as this is my first post ever (long time lurker). But I got his book from a guy at work right before my vacation and I know that he will ask me what I think of it when i get back.

I think it stinks :) Even if it's fiction it's a bad story and badly written (in the swedish translation at least).

I would like something to back it up with when I say at work that I think the hole thing is made up. Have anyone found anything? I have searched the net but the only worth while I found was this thread (as often is).

Thanks for your time! And if I'm breaking any rules, I'm sorry. And if i need to do a intruduction I will :)

Posted On:
    7/25/2008 1:14pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Does anyone think T.A. is telling the truth- except trusting 'Christians' who know nothing of the Martial Arts...or China? I've read the book, seen the DVD + Extras... & He's talking a whole load of crap. Now, it seems his AMBITION is to regurgitate his nasty tale for the rest of his life- can't he move on!
    His story just doesn't add up on any important point-many mentioned in this thread... I'd like to belive he's a good man stretching the truth for dramatic effect, but he's stretched it well beyond breaking point.
    Working for The super rich, yet doesn't ask for a loan? Thers's NO TRACE of chinese accent AT ALL in his speech. He understands NOTHING of the spiritual side of M.Arts, Buddism, Zen or thier affinity with many of the teachings of Christianity... (The Christos is 'simply!' the Heart chakra- 'None can know God except through the Heart-the Christ INSIDE'')...He was, 'too tired & depressed' to practice his Kung Fu!!!...and the stuff about his 'evil' parents-he went on the rob for...His whole story is a (not so) elaborate insult to any spiritual teaching... Thanks to this thread hopefully more people won't be duped by this sad pretender.
    More amazing than all the lies, is the sucess he'd made of his hellish life before he became a christian- when he 'turns to Christ' his life becomes even worse! as for him getting his ideas from ShawBros films-I doubt it- more like Hong Kong Phooey without the humour.
    It does have a strange MANCURIAN CANDIDATE aspect to the deranged sadness of his story though... & why does he squint so much?

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    7/25/2008 1:49pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He definitely has no idea what he's talking about when it comes to Buddhism. I doubt if he was ever actually taught anything related to Chan at all.
Page 8 of 72 FirstFirst ... 45678 91011121858 ... LastLast