Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/23/2011 5:40am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: none

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good to see the search for evidence is still going on.

I think the North London Cypriot Community could have people who knew the real life of TA, School, teenage years etc... There may be School registers, School photos..

I have a copy of a birth certificate for the only TA born in the UK in 1969. Born in the district of Hendon on the 7th August 1969 at Edgeware General Hospital. The Certificate has the word Anthony with a line through it followed by: Tony ANTONI. Father Christoforos born in Cyprus, Mother Maria also born in Cyprus. Address at the time was 31, Wood Lane, NW9.
    As TA has given a birth date a few days earlier than this on Avanti Ministries' Company docs I think this is, I'd guesstimate, 80% plus likely to be him.
    I live 200 miles plus from London. I have thought about a day trip there to ask questions. Anyone could follow this up though.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/23/2011 5:46am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: none

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

PS

The crossed out word Anthony has a note at the bottom of the certificate which reads:

Clerical Error in Space 2 corrected on 8th September 1969 in the presence of C Antoni father...

The fact that TA is always Tony first name, never Anthony, is another pointer towards this birth certificate's possible relevance.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/18/2011 6:50am

Style: chen & yang style tai chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi guys.

You may be aware of some of the well thought-out reviews posted on Amazon that take Tony's story apart. Someone called 'Bigman' has recently posted his opinion on 'Taming the Tiger', which i thought made some excellent points.

You can view it here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-revi...DateDescending

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/18/2011 7:13am

Style: 'Grapplin'

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by stephenprunetti View Post
    Hi guys.

You may be aware of some of the well thought-out reviews posted on Amazon that take Tony's story apart. Someone called 'Bigman' has recently posted his opinion on 'Taming the Tiger', which i thought made some excellent points.

You can view it here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-revi...DateDescending
    Invite them over, they all put forward personal, but valid arguments.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/30/2011 8:44pm

Style: Chow Gar SPM

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I posted my review on amazon.co.uk after I read the book. I had a misguided fool leave a comment stating Tony was ace and I was mistaken. I can't believe people still fall for crap like this.

Just found this:

http://tamingthetiger.com/film/

I hope they get no donations.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/03/2012 8:12pm

Style: chen & yang style tai chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here's a podcast from an internet radio show called 'The Good Atheist' about Tony Anthony that mentions this very thread: http://www.thegoodatheist.net/2011/1...t-episode-148/ (These guys swear a lot - so be warned if you're offended by such language!)

Enjoy!

Regards, Stephen.

Posted On:
    1/30/2012 11:08am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Update?

Is there any update on Mr. Anthony?

He appears to be doing a tour of Northern Ireland in the upcoming months and will be stopping by my University here in Coleraine.

I'm keen to go along and attedn his talk to experience Tony in person and am attempting to make contact in advance to see if I can arrange some one on one time.

Have read the thread but was wondering if anything new has come to light or materialised recently to prove or disprove any of Tonys story?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/11/2012 4:30pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Tony Anthony Wikipedia

I see Tony Anthony has been reposted on Wikipedia. His pages were deleted in the past because he could not substantiate any of his claims. Now there is a milder version on Wiki but still full of falsehoods and someone has added some very intersting new info.
    Have a look by searching -Wiki Tony Anthony Evangelist

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/11/2012 5:02pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    12:23, 19 September 2007‎ Martious (talk | contribs)‎ (2,341 bytes) (remove Bullshido link -> not a reliable website, add a ref) (undo)
    LOL.

We ask for better references and proof than wiki LOL.

Anyway, yeah that is pretty interesting. I'd like to know what name he used on the alleged court documents that make him Greek.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_An...8evangelist%29
    Tony Anthony (evangelist)
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Question book-new.svg
    This article relies on references to primary sources or sources affiliated with the subject, rather than references from independent authors and third-party publications. Please add citations from reliable sources. (January 2012)
    The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for biographies. Please help to establish notability by adding reliable, secondary sources about the topic. If notability cannot be established, the article is likely to be merged, redirected, or deleted. (January 2012)

Tony Anthony is a British Christian evangelist.
    [edit] Early life

He was born in London[citation needed] of an Italian father[citation needed] and a Chinese mother[citation needed], and raised in Canton, China[citation needed] by his grandparents[citation needed]. His grandfather Cheung Ling Soo[citation needed][1] trained him in Kung Fu. In his early twenties, Anthony worked as an elite[citation needed] bodyguard.
    [edit] Convictions and conversion

He returned to London, and became engaged to a Swedish law student[citation needed]. After hearing of her sudden death in a car crash[citation needed], Anthony turned to violence and crime.[1] In 1989 he was arrested for burglary[citation needed]in Cyprus, and sentenced to three years imprisonment in the Central Jail of Nicosia. Conditions in the prison were harsh, and Anthony felt that his Buddhist upbringing did not give him much strength to endure them.[2] Over six months, he was visited every week by an Irish missionary, Michael Wright, and converted to Christianity.[3] They developed a friendship which continued after Anthony's release.[4]

In 2001, he was sentenced again to 15 months in prison in the UK for perverting the course of justice. His car had hit a cyclist[citation needed]at night, killing her, but he had not stayed at the scene and later denied it to police.[5]

He was also imprisoned for Racial Harrassement. Tony Anthony, not his real name, claims to be English but the Records in his Court Case in th UK state he is a Greek Cypriot( Documentation avalable). In his book Taming the Tiger Anthony claims to have been a Three Tmes World Kung Fu Champion. There is absolutely no proof of this at all, in fact various Kung Fu Associations around the world have sent written confirmation that they have never heard of him, also they were sent photos of Anthony and no one recognised him. The Citations in this Article supporting Anthony's Wiki Page are made by persons and Organisations who have no proof whatsoever of what they are confirming. If they have of course that can posted here, however unsubstantiated articles in Christian Media, Anthony's own Book or Anthony's interviews are not proof of events. Regarding the Hit and Run it states "His car had hit a cyclist". Whoever wrote this Post is totally unaware of the facts, the facts are that the lady who died was in fact riding a Kawasaki Motorbike. The impression in the book is that he "only felt a light tap on the car" and the cyclist misrepresentation lends weight to Anthony not being aware.

Anthony's Wiki Page was deleted several years ago because of his unfounded claims, now this watered down version has been posted but still is full of deception and lies. He has maintained that the Wiki Pages were deleted because of technical errors, untrue, it was because he could not substantiate any of his bogus claims.
    [edit] Christian ministry

Tony Anthony is the founding director of Avanti Ministries, a Christian evangelistic organization based in Southend-on-Sea, Essex, UK. In 2004 he published an autobiography, Taming The Tiger.[6] He travels around the world to tell his story. Video interviews in Canada were broadcast on 100 Huntley Street in 2005[2] and again in July and October 2011.[7]
    Last edited by It is Fake; 2/11/2012 5:08pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/12/2012 6:13am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The Court Cases refer to him as "Tony Anthony" although there is no Birth Record for that name in the UK for either of the Date of Births he uses. However there is a Directors List of names for the Taming the Tiger Production Company, set up for the film of the book Anthony is planning - and there he is listed as "Andonis Anthony". For those of you who do not know, Andonis is not an Italian name but in fact Greek.

Wiki have moved all my comments to another page:
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Tony Anthony (Evangelist)
    Last edited by Doubtful; 2/12/2012 6:16am at . Reason: to add more info