Page 66 of 72 FirstFirst ... 16566263646566 67686970 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    2/14/2011 7:28am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm almost up for it. Maybe I can look up the unrelated court cases mentioned in the article. What's the deal with court records. Do I need an appointment or anything ?

Welterweight

Posted On:
    2/14/2011 8:31am

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/21/2011 12:06pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

How can I contact you re: Tony Anthony

:NewspaperGuyTear:
    Quote Originally Posted by bigguy1 View Post
    Mate, I did a six week tour with Tony Anthony....he ripped off the Christian Teaching materials we wrote, and is now presenting them to others as his own..and selling them....the 'gospel' presentation he uses at the end of his talks was written by me...I can't believe the Christian church is so naive...we quizzed Tony for some time about his 'world champion' status...eventually it came out...he says there are many types of Kung Fu...his one was very rare..so he is the champion of this rare variety..when asked how many people fought for the title...the answer was no more than 40...
    But this is not the main problem I have with Tony...my main concern is that he took all my resources and is now parading them as his own...I didn't mind him using them, because I want to get the message out, but he didn't like the idea of acknowledging where they came from...instead he opted for saying they are his...he is incredibly cunning and tricky how he did it...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/21/2011 12:16pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How can I contact you re: Tony Anthony

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/11/2011 4:25pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: none

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Shocked Again

I notice that TA has a new book out: 'Passion' published again with Authentic Media - http://www.authenticmedia.co.uk

Description
    Passion is what energises life. Passion makes the impossible possible. Passion gives you a reason to get up in the morning with the conviction that Today I am going to do something with my life. God created us to have passion in our lives and He wants us to live a passionate life. In fact God wants us to be passionate about Him.
    Passion aims to inspire, to challenge and to offer solid practical help on how all Christians can share the Good News of Jesus Christ.
    Tony Anthony's first book Taming the Tiger has sold over 175,000 copies inEnglish and has been translated into 25 foreign languages. Tony is the director of Avanti Ministries.
    Angela Little has collaborated on several books titles including Taming the Tiger and Cry of the Tiger.

Anthony Tony
    Tony Anthony is an international evangelist, and for 19 years he has travelled the world telling about the miraculous transformation that occurred in his life. He addresses hundreds of thousands of people every year, speaking in prisons, schools, universities, churches, concerts, and city wide events. Tony keeps audiences spellbound as he shares his testimony and communicates the Gospel in his own unique way. He is the founding Director of Avanti Ministries, which is a ministry of evangelism and discipleship training. Tony has a burning concern for the proclamation and spread of the Gospel around the globe coupled with a huge passion to equip others to do the same. He is the author of the best selling Taming the Tiger and Passion

Little Angela
    Angela Little is an award winning author who first worked with Tony Anthony on his biography Taming the Tiger and most recently Passion; She lives in Northamptonshire, England with her husband and two children.

The owner of Authentic Media is Malcolm Downs. Angela Little and Malcolm are aware of the questions about TA [see many pages back on this thread].

I'm shocked that they've gone ahead again - backing TA when he does not answer all these legit questions. Unbelievable! Sadly I have major question marks over their motives and sincerity - naivety isn't a valid answer here in the face of so many unanswered questions.

Unbelievable!!

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/14/2011 3:17am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

TA’s Publisher Willing to Answer Questions

TA’s Publisher Willing to Answer Questions

I’m pasting below my emails to Malcolm down and his reply. He is offering to answer any questions emailed to him if you are willing to give your name when you write. Please consider publishing any replies here to help everyone. Appreciation. Concern

Dear Malcolm,

I hope you are well.

Last Summer you invited me to come to
    London to meet your best selling author Tony Anthony.

I replied showing you an identical passage that predates 'Taming the Tiger' describing the snake style. It had been copied and put it into the mouth of the book's grandfather figure.

I had no further email from you.

I'm wondering why as I know you follow the truth?

Wth appreciation and in anticipation of your reply.

Concerned

Dear Concerned

I am more than happy to respond as soon as I know who you are.

Malcolm

PLEASE NOTE NEW DIRECT PHONE NUMBER 01908 268513

Malcolm Down

Publishing Manager

Authentic Media Limited

52 Presley Way,

Crownhill,

Milton Keynes,

MK8 0ES

UK

T = 44 (0) 1908 268513 M +44 (0) 7917 632038

malcolm.down@authenticmedia.co.uk

www.authenticmedia.co.uk

Dear Malcolm,

I attach copies of two Companies House documents which show that Tony has given two different birth dates for himself with reference to Avanti Ministries. These show that Tony is willing to be misleading in Christian work.

The earlier date would make Tony impossibly young for the details he gives in his book. The later date of 1969 is the only one of the two that could have any chance of fitting the book. The only Tony Anthony born in the UK anywhere near that date was born in North London, as Tony says he was, a few days later. The parents names on the birth certificate, which I also attach are Maria Antoni and Christoforos Antoni, both born in Cyprus. It has not yet been discovered which birth dates Tony gave when he was in more than one Court on separate charges in 2000, but he gave Tony Anthony as his real name and this is the name the Courts accepted. http://www.getreading.co.uk/news/s/5...ut_death_crash

Malcolm you promised answers ‘within a month’ a few years ago now. Nothing ever appeared.

As someone else has written, ‘….a big flag goes up, when someone like himself a big name preacher cannot satisfy legitimate questioning that many have asked. The whole foundation of his ministry needs to be solidly backed up. If he wanted to set out on a ministry preaching the truth, surely its in his interests to make sure his character is above reproach and not open to accusations…’

You have mentioned that Tony would have signed an agreement that covers you as a publisher if his story turns out to be a fabrication. This would not cover you now Malcolm if you keep on publishing and promoting because you are aware of the unanswered questions.

At this point Tony’s story is not something the National Tabloids would investigate because he is not well known enough and there is not enough money known to be changing hands to make it a national scandal. I know that the local press are looking into his story. Christian press are wary of any Court case against them and will not publish until clearer proof of deception is discovered. The Evangelical Alliance is being encouraged to investigate. Private individuals are on the trail of facts. At some point something unequivocally clear is going to emerge. If you as a publisher have proof that he really did have a Chinese mother and spoke Chinese (Tony says he’s lost it now) through his childhood and teenage years, you should publish it. You should also publish your explanation of the snake passage.

I notice that Tony has attacked the character of the person who claims Tony copied his teachings verbatim and that Tony put his own name to them. On the basis of the facts above I don’t trust him as you say you do. Therefore I would prefer a large organization address this issue and I decline to give my real name.

Other people in the past have contacted you and given their names, but you have never published, or succeeded in getting Tony to publish, any facts or statements from anyone who knew Tony during the Kung Fu / bodyguard years, proof that he is half Chinese, or statements from any childhood, teenage friends, or family.

With appreciation

Concerned

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/14/2011 5:14am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Malcolm Down asking TA for Full Explanation

Dear Concerned

Thanks for your email and attachments.

I have forwarded the email to Tony asking for a full explanation and await his reply. I have also copied in Angela Little who was responsible for the actual writing of the snake passage and who continues to be a close friend to Tony and his wife and family. She spent much time pouring over the detail of those early years following hours of meetings with Tony. Angela is a trustworthy friend whom I have known for 17 years and I’m sure if she had concerns she would have raised them at the time.

I will be in touch again as soon as hear anything.

Warm regards

Malcolm
    Dear Malcolm,

Thank you for your reply.

You wrote, 'I’m sure if she (Angela) had concerns she would have raised them at the time'. It is estimated that $35 billion will be taken in religious fraud this year, approximately half of all giving to Churches. This must mean there is an extreme amount of gullibilty and naivety around in Christian cirlces.

The danger comes if naivety becomes collusion. When you write that Angela would have raised concerns if she had them you seem inclined already to dismiss the facts you've just seen. Does a Christian Leader, setting up a Christian Ministry write the wrong birth date on a Government document? Don't you yourself have concerns now?

All the previous history points to the fact that Tony will not give you the 'full explanation' you await. Previous history says he will dismiss and fob off these questions, possibly as 'too painful & hurtful to answer.' What are you going to do then? You didn't do anything when the full explanation to all questions you had asked for didn't appear within a month on his website.

Malcolm - meanwhile you continue to publish and presumably make a good profit.

You should meet his mother - doesn't it concern you that as a Christian Leader, publishing 'Passion', he says he never sees his mother. Why?

I would appreciate it if you were in touch as soon as you get the full explanation - you should see a birth certificate.

Warm regards

Concerned
    To other concerned people - if you have questions I think it is still worth emailing Malcolm with them. Maybe that will help him see the need, genuinely press for, and make sure he does get, a full explanation.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/14/2011 7:00am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I've been cut out - it's over to others...

Dear Concerned

I have now discussed the contents of your email with my managing director who has reiterated my view that unless your are willing to reveal your identity as others have done in other emails we are not, as a company, willing to enter in communication with you.

Warm regards

Malcolm

Welterweight

Posted On:
    3/14/2011 8:16am

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have corresponded with Malcolm and he knows who I am and has stated that he is looking into this with the author and tony and will come back to me once they have responded.

He also mentioned that the publishers have new owners.

Ill keep on keeping on.

:)
    King without a crown

Posted On:
    3/22/2011 2:02am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Concern, your arguments are very clear. Malcolm is using your anonymity as an excuse to sidestep them. Is there a chance you could let him know your identity on the strict condition that he keeps it confidential? I too have reasons for not revealing my identity, but I am considering doing so. I just feel that your arguments are so compelling that it would be a pity to allow him to avoid them. He is feeling the pressure and is resorting to lame excuses to avoid the issues you have raised.

By the way, are others getting email alerts when the thread is replied to, as I have not received any for months?