Our Sponsors:

Page 64 of 72 FirstFirst ... 14546061626364 65666768 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    12/13/2010 12:30pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think the only way you could find out about him is go ask some kung fu masters or fighters if he really became a 3 time champion. For sure, they should know that. Kung fu is a sacred martial arts of chinese, that there came to the point that they don't want to share it on other countries

Administrator

Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation First ClassOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    12/13/2010 12:35pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorrie Vince View Post
    I think the only way you could find out about him is go ask some kung fu masters or fighters if he really became a 3 time champion. For sure, they should know that. Kung fu is a sacred martial arts of chinese, that there came to the point that they don't want to share it on other countries
    Dude stop watching old kung fu movies. If this was the case, there would be no kung fu anywhere but in China. Old Kung Fu Masters? This will be moved because, you obviously didn't read the thread. If you did you'd know people were contacted including "masters" that were active during that time period.

Watch and Shoot !

Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation Second Class1 year registeredCreated Album picturesTagger Second Class

Posted On:
    12/13/2010 2:11pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by terrafirma View Post
    ..//.. If he does not agree to this, then this indicates that he has his own doubts and makes him party to any fraud.
    Your only worry now is to explain why you have eighteen accounts sharing your IP.
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Posted On:
    1/21/2011 10:13pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: non

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hello folks!

I am new here...and dont have a clue about Martial Arts really. But I have been reading a book called Taming the Tiger by Tony Anthony. After reading most of it I became uneasy about many of the stories written. I looked on google and found I was not alone in wanting to verify these stories. I am a Christian and love the truth. Gullible I am not.... Which makes it all the more outrageous to see what is happening with Tamingg the Tiger book. I can see many here have been trying to get to the truth about Tony Anthony but have found it difficult. You have a hunch something is not right. I have a few suggestions for you. Personally I find it difficult to believe Mr Anthony has not settled your questions once and for all or satisfactorily answered them. Since he is the source of the stories it would be a simple task to authentic, dates, places, names, etc. To leave those like many of you here with doubts only fuels speculation and doesnt do you or Tony any good.

Below is a telephone number and email address for any of you interested in contacting Tony. Although I would imagine this is fruitless.

01702 333319. Email: tony.anthony@lovesouthend.org

There is another way but need those of you who are interested to contact me and I will explain.

Regards

Deputy Dawg

Registered Member

Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class

Posted On:
    1/22/2011 3:43am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Dawg View Post
    Since he is the source of the stories it would be a simple task to authentic, dates, places, names, etc.
    Did you not bother reading the whole thread before posting?

Go back a dozen apges or so and read Mr P's contribution.

Posted On:
    1/22/2011 7:22am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This thread is 64 pages but I have read quite a lot of the pages, if I have missed something important. I apologise. I will try to do a search to find what you are referring to.

I was referring to it being simple for Tony Anthony himself to verify for everybody as he is the source. Photos, friends, places, public records. For me a big flag goes up, when someone like himself a big name preacher cannot satisfy legitimate questioning that many have asked. But there are other ways of approaching this which may not have been discussed here.

The whole foundation of his ministry needs to be solidly backed up if he wanted to set out on a ministry preaching the truth, surely its in his interests to make sure his character is above reproach and not open to accusations. That should be simple for Tony if he is indeed speaking the truth?

Quote Originally Posted by nointro View Post
    Did you not bother reading the whole thread before posting?

Go back a dozen apges or so and read Mr P's contribution.

Posted On:
    1/22/2011 7:43am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Has the Evangelical Alliance been approached? I should think they would be very concerned about the issues being raised here.

[quote=terrafirma;2392619]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr P View Post
    Oh I forgot to mention, Tony said that he speaks very little chinese, I asked him to speak some and he said a few greetings, "hello how are you" he said he understands more than he speaks.quote]

That is the clincher. A man who has spent the first nine years of his life in China, being reared by a Chinese grandfather, cannot forget how to speak fluent Chinese. Game over. This man is clearly a Greek Cypriot, as I suspected. It now remains for someone to approach the Evangelical Alliance to raise this issue with them.

Posted On:
    1/22/2011 8:33am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have been reading the posts, the one below actually reveals the truth.

If the Police have his name down as Tony Anthony and its published in the newspaper. Then thats his real name....If he then tells people its not, then it proves he is not being honest. The possibilty that he somewhere along the line he has changed his name by deedpoll I dont know how that squares as surely the Police would be aware and it would have been reported in the newspaper that he had a previous name. But I dont know. But I am intrigued. It might be worth approaching the Newspaper that have given these reports and explain why a lot of people are wanting to find out the truth about Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by PDA View Post
    It is difficult to take TA's word for anything when we already have firm evidence that even as a christian he has the ability to lie :
    The links below are to two articles about his hit and run.

He not only lied to police but also the insurance company.

It also mentions "he will be sentenced at a later date after the court heard he faces other charges at another court for unrelated offences."

What where these? Ive not seen them mentioned before?
    http://www.getreading.co.uk/news/s/5...ut_death_crash

http://www.getreading.co.uk/news/s/5...allife_mystery

Posted On:
    1/22/2011 9:25am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for posting this. I read Run, Baby Run and Cross and the Switchblade. Land mark books which stand the test of time. Sad about what happened to Cruz, and its his story, not some publishers.

Quote Originally Posted by Concern View Post
    Hi - I'll be brief as this is a Martial Arts forum etc...

Some Christians can be very gullible - and the Todd Bentley episode highlighted it. Crowd hype more than genuine spiritual life. Guys with a bad past being changed is good - but when there's little time or proof of character development it is an opportunity for people on the make.

Scientology is a religion that came from someone who wrote Science fiction books and saw them as 'revelation' and used them as the basis for a new religion. He made a lot of money too. Scientology takes people to Court for saying anything detrimental but I think I've given a reasonable explanation of how it started.

A lot of this is about the human audience - in religion, politics, prejudice - any group dynamics can go crazy.

There is a book 'Run Baby Run', a best seller for I think fifty years now, by Nicki Cruz that tells a genuine 'violence to joy' story. All the characters have been checked out etc. This was probably the first of such a mega selling story. It's sister book telling the same story is 'Cross and the Switchblade' by David Wilkerson. Well worth reading and checking out. Nicki Cruz was a young Puerto Rican and years later it was revealed he made virtually no money from what has been probably the foremost Christian Best Seller besides the Bible - the publishers sold the rights on and he got 'forgotten' - and didn't make a fuss so as not to bring reproach on Church people. Very instructive as a picture of what goes on behind the scences - and what a genuine story reads like. Check it out and form your own opinion...

Posted On:
    1/22/2011 10:02am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I still havent finished reading all the posts about Mr Tony Anthony. It looks like a lot of work has gone into this and also some of my questions have been answered along the way. So thankyou for all who have contributed and done......

My suggestion is that EA should be informed - although it sounds like they already have. Has any response been received? I am willing to write to EA myself. I already have written to George Verwer. All that we can do is tell the Public, Christians and Churches that there are some serious issues involved concerning Tonys story, which need to be addressed properly by the Church. That I feel is something the EA could take up on your behalf. I am sure somebody at EA can help

Regards

Deputy Dawg