Our Sponsors:

Page 62 of 72 FirstFirst ... 12525859606162 63646566 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/06/2010 5:57am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey guys, Nick here from Sydney Australia. this thread got my attention, good thing I found it, I finished reading the Book "taming the tiger" it was a good story, but i just couldnt quite believe that it was fully true..So i scouted the net and I found this awesome thread (thanks again to you all)

I first heard of Tony Anthony when he came to Australia last year, and went to a local church in Sydney, my parents (big christians) told me about him and that he was going to do a talk about his story, I thought Id tag along, I met him, spoke to him and he seemed like a nice guy, but I just kept thinging on the ride home after that night that I just couldnt come to terms with it all being true.

My Mum bought his book, she loved him and loved the book, believing every single thing of it.

I eventually gave it a read (1 year later lol) and got attached to the book, I loved it, but I just couldnt believe that is was really true.

I reeally want to know more and I want Tony himself to say something, because I really want to believe that this is true and I hate to see that he was lying as I had respect for him for his story.

Anyway, im guessing his story was the greatest story ever "sold/bought" people bought it, I nearly did, It would be a shame if it was all bullshit.

Anyway peace out.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/17/2010 7:50am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: none

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Mr P's work sounds interesting....

I didn't get notified of the new posts and thought the thread had died.

I notice the publisher has not come back after he was sent the two matching passages, a Kung Fu website description of 'Snake' Kung Fu which then was published in Taming the Tiger. The two passages have long sentences with exact and identical words then put into the mouth of TA's Grandfather. Hopefully the Publisher has challenged TA over this, maybe something is going on behind the scenes. Findng he's been publishing copied stuff as original is a problem for any publisher.

I've spoken on the phone to a Dan Docherty, a long term well recognised MA expert and teacher in North London from the 80's onwards, a retired Inspector in the Hong Kong Police. Dan has not heard of TA - in North London or abroad.

I have a birth certificate for a Tony Antoni born in Wood Lane, London, NW9 on 7th Aug 1969 to Maria and Christoforos. This is eight days later than the DOB TA put on one of the Avanti Ltd Co Docs and is the only TA registered as born in the UK that summer.

Posted On:
    8/19/2010 4:35pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Fact VS Book

It would be very cool to make a list of actual facts (documented) and stories in the book. In order to compare them and maybe Tony can be contacted to clarify discrepancies...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/20/2010 2:53am

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by manu View Post
    It would be very cool to make a list of actual facts (documented) and stories in the book. In order to compare them and maybe Tony can be contacted to clarify discrepancies...
    read the thread- this has been done

Posted On:
    8/20/2010 4:46am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Game over?

Quote Originally Posted by madmonkey View Post
    read the thread- this has been done
    Yes. The game is over. The clincher is the language issue. Mr P has established that TA does not / cannot speak fluent Cantonese. Here are excerpts from the Book in which TA states that he came back to Britain a fluent Chinese speaker, who struggled with English:

Page 45: "It didn't help that I struggled to speak and understand English. Cantonese had very quickly become my first language." (emphasis mine).

Page 48: "My parents enrolled me at the local comprehensive school and in the evenings I attended language classes to help with my English."

Page 48: He records that he was taunted at school with:"Oh no, I forgot, you don't speak the English do yer." He then gives an account of how his opponent "mimicked the way I spoke" - i.e with a strong Chinese accent.

Page 51: He records that from the age of 12 for at least 5 years he "returned to China for two to three months at a time....", during which he will have spoken Chinese exclusively, and that he could read Chinese characters fluently: "Sickness rose in my throat as I read the characters."

All that is needed now is for someone - I would suggest Malcolm Downes - to insist on seeing this man's birth certificate. Malcolm has the right to do so. If Malcolm has any real interest in finding out the truth he will do so. If he is more interested in the commercial consequences to himself of concluding this investigation, then he will decline to do so.

My personal hunch all along has been that Tony Anthony is a fraud:

If I was a betting man, which I am not, I would put a large sum of money on this:

Tony Anthony is a British national, born of Greek Cypriot parents in the London area, who as a young adult got into trouble when in Cyprus, was jailed for his crimes, which may well have been fairly petty, was "evangelised" by Michael Wright and led through a "conversion" ritual: asking Jesus into his heart etc. He had some sort of profound personal spiritual experience- enough to convince him of the reality of Jesus - but unfortunately was not immediately straightened out. He is a fantasist with a recognisable personality disorder (I would suggest narcissism), and is unable to distinguish truth from lies.

Michael Wright is unwilling to back up Tony's fantastic story, except inasmuch as he did meet him in prison and "led him to Christ".

Malcolm Downes has an interest in not facing / investigating the truth fairly and squarely, as when it comes out it could reflect badly on him and possibly cause him commercial damage.

The board and staff of Avanti ministries, along with the pastor and members of Leigh Road Baptist church have an interest in not facing the truth, as when it comes out it will be very messy indeed.

Tony's wife, who probably has some deep seated doubts about her husband, also would rather not face the truth, as the cost to her and her children, emotionally and in every other way, will be enormous.

What it needs is for someone, I would suggest perhaps the Director or a respected board member of the Evangelical Alliance (such as Derek Tidball or Steve Clifford), or perhaps George Verwer to now become involved, in order to steer the shipwreck which will be Avanti ministries, through its final turbulent period, in order to minimise the damage to innocent parties.
    Last edited by terrafirma; 8/20/2010 4:52am at .

Welterweight

Posted On:
    8/20/2010 5:01am

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Great post.
    King without a crown

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/20/2010 5:02am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

You could email the Publisher

Very, very good stuff.

I recently emailed the Publisher who replied in quite a bouncy way, ' Nothing has ever been proved, why don't you come and meet Tony ' ... I then sent him the website Snake passage which is identical to the Granfather's words. No reply at all. No more 'bounce'. I wonder if he's already tackling TA behind the scenes. Why not email him your proofs from his book showing TA should speak Cantonese?

I think the Publisher may well have integrity enough to challenge TA and publish the result.

I suggest a personal visit to someone in the EA. I have sent a list of Questions from this site - no reply and so far nothing said publicly is there?

I agree the language issue is a definite proof.

Well done.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/31/2010 3:02pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wondered if you MrP could tell me, if the burnmarks on Tonys arms could be cigaretburns. In the book he tells about cigaretburnmarks that was burned into his arm in Nicosia Centralprison.

By the way, he mentions that varianos is the Turkish word for prisonguard, that is not true, I checked it up with some Turkish people. The only hits I got when googling the word was people with the name Varianos and a travelagency in Nicosia. The incident with 12 Danish soldiers could maybe be checked. I'm from Denmark, so there's probably a possibility that a journalist here could have covered the incident. Do we have a year on that one?

Welterweight

Posted On:
    9/01/2010 2:13am

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    With regards to the cigarette burns, it is possible, but they where quite severe, if it was cigarettes they must have been held there for a long time. Im no expert on this so am only giving my personal oppinion.
    King without a crown

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/01/2010 3:41am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

One wrist, or two wrists?

Hi Mr P - did you mention b4 that the marking was on one wrist only?

What perecentage chance would you put the marking as likely being from carrying a boiling pot?

Welcome to Autumn - seasons come and seasons go and still TA is misty about the past