Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Welterweight

Posted On:
    7/06/2010 10:05am

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It is difficult to take TA's word for anything when we already have firm evidence that even as a christian he has the ability to lie :
    The links below are to two articles about his hit and run.

He not only lied to police but also the insurance company.

It also mentions "he will be sentenced at a later date after the court heard he faces other charges at another court for unrelated offences."

What where these? Ive not seen them mentioned before?
    http://www.getreading.co.uk/news/s/5...ut_death_crash

http://www.getreading.co.uk/news/s/5...allife_mystery
    King without a crown

Posted On:
    7/06/2010 10:29am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That is the icing on the cake for me (after reading the link, thanks Mr P). The guy is scum and needs to get knocked off his pedestal one way or another.

You have to work the look.

Posted On:
    7/06/2010 10:40am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry if I missed this being said before, but that article confirms Tony Anthony is at least his legal name and not just a pen name. Is there any way to confirm if it is his birth name?

Welterweight

Posted On:
    7/06/2010 12:26pm

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CrackFox View Post
    Sorry if I missed this being said before, but that article confirms Tony Anthony is at least his legal name and not just a pen name. Is there any way to confirm if it is his birth name?

A few pages back I posted what maybe Tony's birth record.
    I asked him about this specific record and he said it wasnt him.
    No other proof has been found to confirm or disprove what he has said about this.
    King without a crown

You have to work the look.

Posted On:
    7/06/2010 12:44pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Now that I think about it, I believe it was said earlier in this thread that his name is listed as Tony Anthony on the Charities Commission records for one of his ministries (or something like that) so I guess the real (legal) name thing isn't news.

Anyway, one some more questions that have probably already been addressed:

Are you sure he's British?
    If so is he old enough to have been born in Cyprus and get British citizenship?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/09/2010 6:42pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr P View Post
    It is difficult to take TA's word for anything when we already have firm evidence that even as a christian he has the ability to lie :
    The links below are to two articles about his hit and run.

He not only lied to police but also the insurance company.

It also mentions "he will be sentenced at a later date after the court heard he faces other charges at another court for unrelated offences."

What where these? Ive not seen them mentioned before?
    http://www.getreading.co.uk/news/s/5...ut_death_crash

http://www.getreading.co.uk/news/s
    /566_how_plucky_pc_solved_a_reallife_mystery

He actually mentions this incident in the book, and I remember the book telling it in the same way as the newspaper. So he wasn't honest about it then, but he has come clean with the incident since(If it looks like I trying to defend him, I can tell you: I am not. I just wanted to state that this incident were clearly described in his book)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/09/2010 6:56pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by stubbe78 View Post
    He actually mentions this incident in the book, and I remember the book telling it in the same way as the newspaper
    come to think of it, he says in the book that he hit something and that he didn't knew what it was, but heard it the next day that a woman was killed( as far as I remember) but the article, don't exactly give that impression.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/10/2010 3:03am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: none

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Summary: Ten questions

Ten key questions:

1. There are no traces of the organizations under which Tony became World Kung Fu Champion although he names them. When this was pointed out Tony more recently said it he gave incorrect names to protect his identity from his Chinese family although he is publishing the book in China. He also said the organization was small, illegal and unknown and that is why he calls himself a 3 times World Champion. Is this a World Champion?
    2. The Publisher and co-author co-operated with questions admit no facts were checked. The publisher, after consulting Tony, said Tony had promised him that he would post a Q&A on Tony’s website www.avantiministries.com with answers to people’s questions. Years later this has not happened.
    3. The impressive teaching materials Tony uses and says he wrote appear to have been plagiarised. Their frustrated author appears on the thread.
    4. There are multiple discrepancies. Although the book describes Tony as having a Chinese mother and growing up and training in China Tony, when questioned, speaks almost no Chinese. There has never been a Saudi Ambassador to Cyprus while Tony describes being his bodyguard. Tony avoids questions about these and many others. Martial Arts proponents have followed up a surprising number of facts on an international scale. These can be followed on the thread.
    5. Martial Arts proponents note the almost exact similarities in the tests Tony passed to the opening sequences of the ‘Kung Fu’ TV series starring David Caradine.
    6. Unusually for a Christian Leader Tony describes his policy to have no contact with his parents for the last fifteen years. This is very unusual. Tony speaks fluent Greek but not Chinese. He was in prison in Cyprus. There is record of an Antonio Anthony, born to a Greek Cypriot mother in North London. No one of his associates gets to meet his mother. This is probably the key place to confirm or disprove Tony’s story – a polite visit to his roots.
    7. The Time Line of Tony’s life, which someone on the thread has produced causes major questions – copy below.
    8. In the UK, in 2000 Tony was sentenced to 15 months in prison for perverting the course of justice. His car had hit a cyclist at night, killing her, but he had not stayed at the scene and later denied it to police.
    2002 released from prison. 2004 published Taming the Tiger. This is a newspaper article at the time: http://www.getreading.co.uk/news/s/5...ut_death_crash. What are the ‘other unrelated charges’ in another Court that the article mentions?

9. Tony has offered a CD that answers people’s misgivings and a Q&A on his website that responds to the questions from non Christian Martial Artists and concerned Christians. He also says he responds to respectful emailed questions. In practice he is evasive and misleading here. The promised Q&A only has questions about God. Tony told a visitor to his offices that, ‘the decision was taken to focus on Jesus rather than myself’. The CD has little on it. You are welcome to see what response you get to emailed questions.
    10. Tony describes several incident s where he killed terrorists who attacked the Saudi Arabian Ambassador to the UK and Cyprus. These would have been major International scandals of course (related to which Country was behind them) but there is no record of any such attacks and killings is there?

Timeline:
    1969 Born
    1973 First taken to
    China – aged 4.
    1976 “Blackbelt” in Kung Fu – aged 7. [Research shows Chinese Kung Fu did not have a belt system then]
    1982 Returned to
    England – aged 13.
    1986 Grandfather started testing him in real life combat situations. Fought
    Nanchang street gangs numerously of next few years – aged 17. Despite all these years in China Tony doesn’t speak Chinese!

1987 Taught hand to hand combat at the International Kung Fu Federation, then took the Body guard test, which consisted of training in “telescopic counter terrorism rifles, semiautomatic carbines, pump action 12 gauge shotguns, protective driving, Para-medicine, international criminal law, anti terrorism, communications, and explosives” then there were numerous written assignments and he wasl tutored in the basics of the World’s major languages.

1987 Bodyguard for Diane, wealthy lady in Switzerland. “Over the next few years rose though the ranks in the Close Protection Services”
    1987 -Worked as body guard for American business man William Black for several months in
    Saudi Arabia.
    1987 Worked as bodyguard for Amin Fahed, Saudi Arabian Ambassador to U.K Italy and
    Cyprus. By now he was one of the highest paid bodyguards in the IKFF.
    1987 Kung Fu World Champion – all the above at the age of 18. As noted, the above details appear spurious to the Close Protection Community i.e professional bodyguards.

1988 Kung Fu World Champion – aged 19.
    1988 Returned to work for Amin. Death of his blind fiancée in an accident which derailed Anthony's life – aged 19.
    1989 Kung Fu World Champion – aged 20.
    1989 he was in Nicosia Central Prison in
    Cyprus - December
    1990 became a Christian – aged 21.
    1992 released from Nicosia Central Prison – aged 23.
    1992 went to Baptist church in
    UK.
    1995 married to Sara - 22nd July – aged 26.
    2000 sentenced to 15 months in prison for perverting the course of justice. His car had hit a cyclist at night, killing her, but he had not stayed at the scene and later denied it to police.
    2002 release date -
    Feb 12
    published Taming the Tiger
    2007 – Present. Long running Martial Arts Thread started

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/11/2010 5:50pm

Style: Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Concern View Post
    Timeline:
    1969 Born
    1973 First taken to China – aged 4.
    1976 “Blackbelt” in Kung Fu – aged 7. [Research shows Chinese Kung Fu did not have a belt system then]
    Another inconsistency about this timeline is that in 1973 it was very hard to enter (or leave!) communist China.

I don't see how he could just be sent there as if it were an open country.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/12/2010 2:22am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: none

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I googled 1973, China, entry to China etc. Mao Tse Tung was still in power (until 1976), the intensity of the Red Guard's time of wide spread killings had faded. Richard Nixon had visited Mao. I just couldn't get any definitive evidence about whether a 4 year old child from the UK could be flown in. I can see the point. It could be substantial. It's a good question. Clear thinking.

Is there clearer evidence out there?