Page 49 of 72 FirstFirst ... 394546474849 5051525359 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/04/2010 8:28pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by honesty View Post
    There is some confusion here. It is not the IKF under whom Tony is claiming sponsorship or a world championship. The IKF is a reputable and known body.

Tony is claiming these things under the IKFF. This is completely different. The IKFF is believed to be the IMAF/IKFF (its on their earlier seals/badges. Have a look in the history bit). Their website can be found here: http://www.martialarts-kungfu.com/index.html
    The problem with his story is that IKFF is based in The U.S. , right?
    He claims that it is Geneve Schwitzerland, but the only IKFF there is some Swedish womens organization, I smell a rat....
    Actually, I thought there was no Kung-fu federation named IKFF, as IKF claims to be the first international(I mailed them) but you proved me wrong it seems. Still, I do not believe his story.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    3/23/2010 6:25am

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I recieved an email from Tony Anthony this morning informing me that he is no longer able to meet me next week.

He has proposed dates in June.

Im going to have a think about this.
    King without a crown

Posted On:
    3/23/2010 8:43am

Style: Siling Labuyo Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr P View Post
    I recieved an email from Tony Anthony this morning informing me that he is no longer able to meet me next week.
    Surprise, surprise.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/23/2010 8:54am

Style: bagua

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr P View Post

He has proposed dates in June.

Im going to have a think about this.

I think that this is something that we all thought fairly inevitable.

Good for you for at least trying to organise it.

No harm in making an arrangement for the June meeting as each time he cancels he just looks increasingly ridiculous and incredible.

A cunning contingency plan may be required, something to think about and discuss via PMs perhaps?

Welterweight

Posted On:
    3/25/2010 9:54am

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The meeting has been re-arranged for June 14th, I have also asked Tony if we can have a phone conversation before then.
    King without a crown

Posted On:
    3/25/2010 10:21am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi guys I started to read this book a few days ago and thought at first that it seemed a really good interesting read. That was until about the 2nd or 3rd chapter, it was then that alarm bells started to ring in my head and I began to think that Tony Anthony was a fake. I continued to read the book just to give the guy the benifit of the doubt. I should point out here that I am a born again Christian, who like many others, came to faith whilst being banged up for being a bit of a bad lad. Anyway back to Mr Anthony. Last night I decided to do a bit of digging on Mr Anthony as I became more and more aware that the man was just spouting crap especially when it came to the BG work he supposidly did. I am ex para reg who is slightly older than Tony and I have many friends that do CPBG work. Non of them have ever heard of or are aware of the IKFF or Tony Anthony.

So what do I think? Tony Anthony is a fake want to be hero. If you rearrange slightly the co-authors name (Angela Little) you get A Little Angel. Coincidence, don't think so.

As a Christian I find it annoying that people like Tony Anthony use this guise to try and influence young or lonely people to come to faith.

To the guy whos "Christian" friend stopped talking to him because of this issue, don't worry about it mate. Some Christians are the worse advertisment you can get for the Christian faith.

These aren't mind words but I'll use them as they sum it up for me.

The greatest single cause of athism in the world today is Christians, who acknowledge Jesus with there lips and deny him by their lifestyles. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Take care all

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/25/2010 12:37pm

Style: bagua

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowtner View Post
    If you rearrange slightly the co-authors name (Angela Little) you get A Little Angel. Coincidence, don't think so.
    ^^^
    I cannot pretend to understand the significance of this but I think it's cool that you noticed it. :)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/25/2010 12:45pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by littleoldme View Post
    ^^^
    I cannot pretend to understand the significance of this but I think it's cool that you noticed it. :)

I would say that it's ironic, but I can't see any significance about it either:-)

Posted On:
    3/31/2010 12:49pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's probably what his mother called him when he was a little lad.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/11/2010 6:11pm

Style: Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't know if it is the correct reference, but as far back as early Jewish lore there is said to be "A Little Angel" sitting on one of our shoulders and a little Demon on the other each whispering in our ears abot the Good & Bad responses to situations that arise in our every day lives.

It was a popular device in old Loony Tunes cartoons.