Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/18/2010 1:47am

Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    First - IIF, thanks for the cleanup...

A page or two back (now...) there is some discussion on if someone who actually speaks cantonese could see if TA has a real Chinese accent...

This might be totally false, since I don't speak Cantonese, but he claims repeatedly in the book that he calls his grandmother "Jowmo" in Cantonese.

Now my Cantonese dictionary tells me that "Jowmo" actually means grandmother. But only on your father's side. But TA claims that it is his mother that is from China. Father being from Italy.

FWIW.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/18/2010 2:01am

Style: Japan Highschool Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just called my Ex's mother (Cantonese), Jowmo is apparently an extremely formal way to say Grandmother. She said it can be said to either your mothers or fathers, mother.

But good research. Great Culling by the way.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/18/2010 8:50am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One of my posts were deleted as a natural result of the clean-up. However, it had some information to offer. So I will write that information again. Tony states that the Turkish word for prison guards is "Varianos". I asked a friend to look into it and she asked her Turkish friends. A prison guard is called gardiyan i n Turkish.
    By doing a google search on the word "Varianos", I got only one hit(besides names) and that was a Cypriotic travel agency. In Nicosia nonetheless

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/18/2010 8:58am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Your posts were not deleted. Do not start that **** up okay? There is a link, in my earlier post, where everything was moved here it is again:

Tony Anthony and Avanti Ministries derail - No BS MMA and Martial Arts

Delete implies erased and it is a very rare instance, usually due to legality, that we erase/delete posts.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/18/2010 9:02am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just got confirmed that "Varianos" is not a Turkish word. I suspect that it's not a word in any language. I would think that it's only a family name. If it's a word, it could be Greek, but i doubt it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/18/2010 9:04am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry, it was not a attack or attempt to start a discussion, just an explanation to why I wrote the same again.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/18/2010 9:06am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And i meant deleted from the visible part of this particular thread
    Last edited by stubbe78; 1/18/2010 9:12am at .

Posted On:
    1/18/2010 6:35pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Tony live on TV wednesday

Hey,

Tony Anthony will be on live on Genesis TV (Sky 592) this Wednesday @ 9pm to 10.30pm I believe. It is a Christian channel which broadcasts in the UK and possibly elsewhere.

During the show you can call to speak to whichever guest is on or send in txt or email which the presenter will read out.

If you are nice and respectful I would imagine you may get a few of your questions answered especially if you phone-in/email en masse.

I am open minded about Tony, when I see him speak I believe him but there are as you mention discrepancies.

What he is doing appears to be positive, my only worry is that people who hear him and are convicted by his words may lose faith when they encounter sites such as this which rip apart his testimony.

Give him a chance; none of us are sure and on that basis he is innocent until proven guilty. As he is not hurting anyone but rather, from what we can see, aiming to help and encourage I think it is reasonable to go easy.

B

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/18/2010 6:46pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No. Good people don't create huge lies. Good people make mistakes. Yes, there is a difference.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/19/2010 4:05am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

@ ladidada

Look, I am a Christian in Eastern Europe. Tony story is too spectacular and messy to treat it easy. He was asked for proof many times. His tactics was to: reduce his claims (not anymore '3x world kung fu champion' but a garage fighter etc) and even showing availability to modify the next editions of his books (to avoid contradictions !). Besides, for a murderer like him (based on his testimony) the right Christian attitude would be to surrender and serve time in jail, not become a showman.