Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/09/2009 2:15am

Style: bagua

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by filehelp View Post
    Interesting conversation. I have had my questions answered by Malcolm, pretty much the same deal with fact verification, or lack of it. It also clarifies the point that it was all Tonyís story.

I'm waiting for the conformation from Malcolm that I can post his reply online then Iíll chuck it up.

My original thoughts of him using his false story as a legitimate Christian vehicle have changed. I'm now of the opinion that he was a con who created an elaborate story while in prison for monetary value.

Personally i believe the Publisher and Co-writer, who run very sound, legitimate business, have been tricked by this man and their only fault, in my mind, is not verifying... anything.

Hopefully if we have any watchers of the forum, especially Christians, they can jump in and try help us out. The dethroning of TA can only be positive for all parties involved.
    I am not at all sure what is going on here

I think there may be con involved but I'm not entirely sure who is pulling the strings if there is.

It is possible that Tony has a learning disability and has been manipulated by others with pasts even more depraved that that which Tony claims for himself. He may be the front man and the fall guy. He may be a master liar and manipulator, he may be vulnerable / not very clever and is being manipulated himself.

It may be that, like many mediums and psychics, he is raking in the money whilst actually believing in his own fantasies as if they were truth.

He may have narcissistic personality disorder and his compulsive lying may be symptomatic of that.

Maybe his story is entirely true, a white tiger with cubs existed in Southern China when Tony was there and allowed him to pet her like she was a domestic cat. Maybe the moon is made of cheese.

Right now we have insufficient data, so we can produce speculative hypotheses but we just don't yet know what is going on.

I think the one thing we do know is that Tony's story has more holes than a Swiss cheese and that neither his publisher or his ghost writer made any effort to check the authenticity of his story.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/09/2009 2:24am

Style: Japan Highschool Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Haha Cheers, I think everyone posting has done a great job of investigating and more importantly sourcing facts!

Very true about fact checking, judging from the two conversations we can be certain that there was NO fact checking at all. The only verification at all was a reference check.

It would be interesting to hear from someone with legal experience regarding Fraud concerning lying in a biography, personal speeches etc.
    Possibly even in regards to selling a book labelled incorrectly labelled a biography to the English equivalent of the Better Business Bureau etc.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/09/2009 2:26am

Style: chen & yang style tai chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi Littleoldme.

Sorry if you think that it comes across that i was angry whilst talking to Angela Little. I can assure you that i wasn't. I had to state quite early on that i believe that Tony is a liar as i believe not to state my position to her initially would have been disingenuous. And Filehelp, having met Tony, i think that you are being very optimistic in believing that meeting him would clarify any of this.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/09/2009 2:32am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Obviously a meeting wouldn't clarify anything, especially a meeting with a professional con artist.

But what it will achieve, if we ask a well structured question... (a question which haven't been shown on this forum) the following minutes of awkward silence, and frigidity answers will clarify most peoples opinion on his character, and would also be a very interesting inclusion into his Youtube page.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/09/2009 2:36am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by stubbe78 View Post
    Btw, in the next edition of the book, there will be an explanation of the slightly turned names of individuals and organizations, so he will just refer to that, if we confront him with irregularities.
    He also has some kind of explanation for the IKFF issue. Something about security reasons and he says that it was a mistake not to put the explanation in the book the first time and that he will do so in the next edition.
    Now, that is lame, everyone knows that you write it in the book, if you are not using the real names. Someone must have known that.
    Furthermore why then does he mention some real names of hardcore criminals?
    There is something wrong here
    Interesting post

I agree that his responses sound lame

I can see the pattern here of how he is going to respond to any uncomfortable questions relating to hard factual information that could validate his claims.

"I'm sorry I can't answer that for security reasons"

Another thought that comes to me is that even his supporters understand that his story sounds incredible.

Dailymotion - Taming the tiger Tony Anthony part 1 - une vidéo Vie pratique@@AMEPARAM@@http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x6gkal@@AMEPARAM@@x6gkal

if you watch the first few seconds of this video is says that "people often say that truth is stranger than fiction and every now and then a true story comes to light that almost defies belief. Such is the life story of Tony Anthony.... "

Why did nobody think to check the authenticity of a story that is so obviously fantastical?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/09/2009 2:45am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Filehelp, i agree that if you videoed such a meeting, it would show people his true mettle. When i met him, he was quite obviously very uncomfortable with my questions. But as i was questioning him, people were coming up to him asking him to sign his book for them! It was quite comical.
    I find it interesting that his email link at avantiministries.com has been down for a few days now. Maybe it's just a coincidence.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/09/2009 2:45am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "I'm sorry I can't answer that for security reasons"

Yea this is what most people would do in this situation. Thatís why im trying to focus on things such as the dates of prison terms, and his relationship with people such as Ian Davidson.

Although the facts about the IKFF are obviously ridiculous he could give the answers of "I'm sorry I can't answer that for security reasons" therefore I believe are time is better spent on topics that canít be countered with the quote.

Has anyone contacted his old school he mentions in the book/videos?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/09/2009 2:49am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by stephenprunetti View Post
    Hi Littleoldme.

Sorry if you think that it comes across that i was angry whilst talking to Angela Little. I can assure you that i wasn't. I had to state quite early on that i believe that Tony is a liar as i believe not to state my position to her initially would have been disingenuous. And Filehelp, having met Tony, i think that you are being very optimistic in believing that meeting him would clarify any of this.

Maybe you weren't angry but I think that by stating that you thought he was lying and a fraud at the start of the conversation, you would have sounded very attacking to her, especially if she received your call out of the blue. Then the conversation got shut down quick time as there was nothing to discuss. You think he's lying, she believes him, and that's that.

I would have been interested to hear her answers to specific questions and, even though I think he is lying, I would have maybe put things differently, but maybe I'm a less straightforward person than you?

Perhaps I should have said that you wear your heart on your sleeve or something?

I wasn't having a go, just a bit disappointed not to learn about the extent to which she used artistic license in telling Tony's story, as I think this will be an issue later and Tony may use it as a defense against the various holes in his story

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/09/2009 2:56am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quick Question to any TCM-Artists:

If there was a Kung Fu World Championship in 1987-89 would "the tournament always be point sparing rather then full contact"?

And has anyone heard of "Li Chang Po?" from Xi'an, or his Master. "The renowned grand master Gwok Siu Fong"?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/09/2009 2:56am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey Littleoldme,
    No worries. You're right, i am sometimes a little too straight forward for my own good. That's just my way. But, and maybe it's wrong to start out on this premise, i already knew that neither Angela or Tony had verified Tony's claims in any way. I know this because i've read the book!! But now we have it from them. Which is very helpful in exposing Tony Anthony for the fraud that he is.