Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/08/2009 6:26pm

Style: Japan Highschool Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yea that's a strong possibility also.

But comparing this information to the unpublished information by Littleoldme one could see quite a dark, preconceived possibility from Tony Anthony. will be a interesting next couple of days.

"two educated, professional people, did not even slightly suspect that Tony's story was untrue, with it being so ludicrous. But that does appear to be the case."

This is an interesting point. Firstly this story holds a very strong value to the christian community (if true), so (I'm not remotely educated in psychology) maybe its what they wanted to believe.

When i saw his presentation, very interested in martial arts I lapped it up. I was slightly educated :) but i was still suckered in.

near to Chesham?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/08/2009 6:36pm

Style: chen & yang style tai chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tony Anthony came to give one of his talks in my home town, two years ago, so i went to meet him then. I'd been in correspondence with him by email and telephone, and i think he had an idea that i'd turn up. After his talk, i introduced myself as he stepped off the stage, and we went out into the corridor to talk. He was visibly sweating and could not, or would not provide answers to any of my questions. He just side-stepped everything i asked him, as if he had no interest in my questions. He most certainly did not come across as a man who was confident in his story. He seemed very uneasy indeed.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/08/2009 6:51pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    maybe its what they wanted to believe.
    Maybe it is :-) We believe that God creates miracles, but Tonys story falls out of category. That is, from my point of view.
    I will not hide the fact that I believe in Gods wonders, as well as other christians do, but we still need to be critical and sort out the rotten apples. I would say we failed to do so in this particular case, but I still don't know for sure. We still don't have too many absolutes to conclude from. Still, so far I believe that he is infact lying about some parts of his life

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/08/2009 7:16pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When it comes to whether Tony is lying or not, I am so far on the same page as you. I may have more reason to believe him(or wanting to believe him) than you.
    Still, as long as he can't answer for a whole lot of his story, I don't have more reason to believe him than you do.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/08/2009 7:40pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Btw, in the next edition of the book, there will be an explanation of the slightly turned names of individuals and organizations, so he will just refer to that, if we confront him with irregularities.
    He also has some kind of explanation for the IKFF issue. Something about security reasons and he says that it was a mistake not to put the explanation in the book the first time and that he will do so in the next edition.
    Now, that is lame, everyone knows that you write it in the book, if you are not using the real names. Someone must have known that.
    Furthermore why then does he mention some real names of hardcore criminals?
    There is something wrong here

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/08/2009 8:28pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by stubbe78 View Post
    Btw, in the next edition of the book, there will be an explanation of the slightly turned names of individuals and organizations, so he will just refer to that, if we confront him with irregularities.
    He also has some kind of explanation for the IKFF issue. Something about security reasons and he says that it was a mistake not to put the explanation in the book the first time and that he will do so in the next edition.
    Now, that is lame, everyone knows that you write it in the book, if you are not using the real names. Someone must have known that.
    Furthermore why then does he mention some real names of hardcore criminals?
    There is something wrong here
    Can you source where he said about revisions and other facts?

Donít worry we still have plenty of ammunition other then small irregularities. Iím looking forward to hearing his description on the IKFF. a Kung fu organisation that seems to Hire and train international bodyguards while sponsoring basketball players

I would also like to say that the tone of the investigation and the fact there has been no religious bias from either point of view has been great.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/09/2009 12:39am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    any lurkers out there close to Chesham?
    I suspect we could benefit a lot from a in person meeting.

Mods could you help out on trying to find a Bully for the meeting?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/09/2009 1:53am

Style: bagua

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by filehelp View Post
    can anyone find this out when Caponey was first released? even IF Caponey was in jail at the same time as Anthony, which I highley doubt. (would have to be a pretty long juvenile sentence but NOT served in the juvenile wing) he still called Caponey a Murderer/Rapist which didnt happen till 1994.

Quote Originally Posted by filehelp View Post
    Tony states that he was released from prison in 1992 yet, "Al Caponey" wasn't sentenced till 1994. How is this possible?
    Al Caponey was already in prison at the same time as Tony his sentence in 1994 was for another crime.
    Malcolm seems confident that he knows about Al Caponey and the time he spent in prison

Maybe you should email him again and ask him for more specific information about why he was in prison and when he was released?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/09/2009 2:00am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When I emailed Malcolm he said that he would check these facts over with Anthony, so I imagine that is Antony's answers. When i challenged the information the second time Malcolm recommended I talk directly to Tony about it.

I'm quite certain about the facts I have of Caponey in prison. At the moment some people from Cyprus I have made contact with are clarifying Caponeys sentences dates.

Why i am focusing on the dates is because the meeting of Caponey was a key feature to the book and one, when proven as a lie, will be evidence enough for most people concerning Tony.

Tony's exact release date was stated in the book as 11 November 1992

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/09/2009 2:02am

Style: bagua

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by stephenprunetti View Post
    The following is not the full conversation that i had with Angela Little today, but the important bits. Excuse my inarticulate way of speaking, but i'm writing the exact wording used.

SP: When you did the book, was there any verification process? Because he makes some pretty big claims, Tony Anthony.

AL: Not by myself, no. Cos just being the writer, i wouldn't see that as my role. When an author comes to me i write what they ask me to write, and i do happen to trust Tony. I believe what he says is true.

SP: Everything in the book, you believe to be true?

AL: Yes i do. I have no reason to not believe it's true.

SP: I believe 100% that the man is a liar and a fraud. What bothers me is, he's travelling the world getting in front of large groups of people, and passing his story off, which i believe is at least 90% fabricated, as true, and using it as a Christian recruiting aid.

AL: He is. Do you know what? He's using it as a tool to then present the gospel message. Now i know, cos i know him very well, that if he could do this without telling his story, then he would, because he hates his story. He doesn't like telling his story.

SP: Well, he seems to be going round the world telling it often enough! And there's enough videos of him on youtube telling his story.

AL: Yeah. He uses that as a tool to then present the gospel message. Which at the end of the day is what it's all about.

SP: I think it's pretty 'off' that he's spreading the gospel, the word of Jesus, by lying! His story is untrue.

AL: Right. Ok. Well i don't think there's anything i can say or do to help you. I trust him. I am at the end of the day just a writer, and i've written what i believe is a truthful story.

SP: And there was no verification process at all? You haven't checked any of his claims?

AL: Not particularly, no.
    I don't think that went particularly well really

It comes across as though you were so angry that you were unable to ask specific questions about times, dates, how much creative license she used in telling Tony's story, all kinds of things, that would have been interesting to hear Angela's to reply to.

I think that you immediately got her guard up so it quickly became an angry row based on contradiction "I think he lied" vs "well I think he didn't lie"

What is useful is that it is clear that Angela did not conduct any research or checks to validate Tony's story. I think we all suspected that was the case but it's useful to have confirmation of it.