Our Sponsors:

Page 18 of 72 FirstFirst ... 81415161718 192021222868 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/07/2009 9:56am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It would prove absolutely nothing. Tony calls the man Caponey, so Tony will just tell you that there was infact a man named Caponey at the time Tony was in jail. And that it is another person with a similar name

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/07/2009 9:57am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    His date of birth though.....

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    10/07/2009 9:59am

Style: CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Filehelp,

Regarding your question about belt systems in the 80's. To the best of my knowledge no belt systems were in use at that time. I lived in China from 96-97 and trained with local masters then and there was no belt system being used then either.

I do believe they have begun using a belt system but only recently, I would say probably within the last 5-6 years.
    安氏八极拳学生

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/07/2009 10:28am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Now I'm confused: "Tony Anthony is an international evangelist, and for 19 years he has travelled the world telling about the miraculous transformation that occurred in his life. He addresses hundreds of thousands of people" (biography on avantiministeries)
    How, just how would he be able to do that. He would have started 1990, when in prison and still on the path of becoming a christian? I'm not fully sure, but pretty sure that he began touring after his second prison stay. That would be just about 7 years
    If he began after the first stay it would only be 16-17 years.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/07/2009 12:54pm

Style: chen & yang style tai chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Tony Anthony's email was returned to me.

Hi all.

Nice research, especially on the prison sentence in Cyprus. It's pretty clear that almost nothing adds up about this guy. He's a total fantasist.

I was not surprised when i checked my inbox earlier, to see that the email i sent him this morning had come back to me saying, 'mail delivery system, your message could not be delivered.' So i went onto avanti ministries web-site, but when you click on Tony's email address, it says, 'oops! this link appears to be broken.' Could be just a coincidence. Quite a convenient one for Mr Anthony!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/07/2009 5:30pm

Style: Japan Highschool Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by stubbe78 View Post
    It would prove absolutely nothing. Tony calls the man Caponey, so Tony will just tell you that there was infact a man named Caponey at the time Tony was in jail. And that it is another person with a similar name
    Not sure about that. He discusses Caponey like he is the "notorious" criminal that is easily read about on Google.

I am starting to doubt that his real name is Tony Anthony or "Antonio Anthony" as the name is as near fantastical as the book. Possibly we could check with business associates of Avanti about clarifying his name? which would help a lot in information research.

I will be calling the Cypriote(?) prison today to try and clarify if anyone with his name served and any information possible (such as the existence of a B wing which Anthony discusses) I will also try and get the d.o.b of Caponey which could help a bit.

Someone in England might like to try their luck with

Consular Section
    British High Commission
    Alexander Pallis Street
    P O Box 21978
    1587 Nicosia

Tel: 22 861 371/ 22861 367

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/07/2009 5:39pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

More gaping holes in Tony Anthony's story.

Just to add more evidence to the case against Tony, i looked into the name of the hotel he says he stayed in whilst in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, doing his fine work as a body-guard. Recounting this desert adventure, which starts at chapter 6, he talks about Le Meridian hotel, which is 'dripping in gold ornamentation and decked in marble from top to bottom.' Le Meridien are an international chain of hotels, it seems, but unfortunately for Tony, they don't have a hotel in Riyadh. Read his book and then check for yourself. This particular adventure ends with Tony and the bloke he's protecting buying some camels for a few hundred dollar bills from some bedouin (anyone know the going rate for a camel!?), and travelling from Haradh in Saudi Arabia to Qatar. This is a journey of about 170 kilometres as the crow flies. This journey would be worthy of a book in itself. But Tony says nothing about it and just pops up in Qatar. He says the bedouin that he stayed with for a mere 3 days taught him how to ride camels! Ha! Ha! And it took me about 4 months just to learn to drive a bloody car!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/07/2009 5:41pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I will be calling the Cypriote(?) prison today to try and clarify if anyone with his name served and any information possible (such as the existence of a B wing which Anthony discusses) I will also try and get the d.o.b of Caponey which could help a bit.
    Tony mentions a word "varianos" which he says is the turkish word for guard. I doubt that very much. I googled the word and the only thing(besides names) that showed up was a cypriotic travelcompany. Would you maybe be able to check up on that as well?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/07/2009 5:52pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi Stephen. Did you also check if there has ever been a such a hotel there? If not, Tony would just say that there was one at the time he stayed in Riyadh.

Btw, in the university where I study, they have a faculty for Middle Eastern studies.
    I will try to persuade them to look in to the ambassador question.

Also, does any know if a bodyguard would have diplomatic immunity, as Tony claims so.
    If he was a bodyguard and had diplomatic immunity, it would be the decision of his own country, whether they wanted to make him accountable or not.
    They could just wail his diplomatic immunity and leave it there.
    Now I read this on the internet, so if anyone knows more about international law or knows who to ask, it would be of great importance I would think.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/07/2009 5:58pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi Stubbe.

Well, international five-star hotels in major cities tend to be there for a long time. They don't just open and then close like some down-town kebab shop!