Our Sponsors:

Page 17 of 72 FirstFirst ... 71314151617 181920212767 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/06/2009 7:44pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If the story is true, it is so full of bad editing that it loses its credibility either way. That is my point

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/07/2009 3:08am

Style: chen & yang style tai chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

email to Tony Anthony.

Hi Tony,

Allow me to be blunt here. As i'm sure you are aware, i believe that your book 'Taming the Tiger', (that you claim is your life-story), is utter nonsense. There are many other people who share this belief. You have made many bold claims, within the pages of this book, without ever having produced a shred of evidence to support these claims. Indeed, your wikipedia page was deleted for this very reason. The verdict there was 'fantasist.'

As you may be aware, i have recently been in correspondence with Malcolm Down. He has informed me that within a month you will have a part of your website at www.avantiministries.com, dedicated to answering the questions that many people would like answers to. And not before time. My queries still remain unanswered after two years.

Until then however, can you, in advance of your website developments, answer me just one question? In your book you claim to have shot a man, at close-range, in the head, in Saudi Arabia. Have you ever been held accountable for this murder?

Sincerely

Stephen Prunetti

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/07/2009 4:12am

Style: Japan Highschool Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "My grandfather took on the majority of my upbringing and passed on to me the family heritage of Kung fu. As a grand master my grandfather trained me rigorously and by the age of 7 I was already a black belt." - source http://www.crimperman.org/1997/10/01...ony-testimony/

A question to the Traditional Chinese martial artists. Was it common for “Chinese grandmasters” to give out black belts in China in the (early 80s?) I always suspected it was a western implementation for Chinese arts?

We should also find out his date of birth as it would help a lot with finding inconsistencies in his story. It also would be an idea to time line some of the "facts," such as Kung Fu world champion in 87-89 and possibly finding out when he served jail time.

Hopefully someone can pull up his date of birth as I haven’t found it so far. I have some rough ideas of this but obviously it’s best not to speculate so let’s keep hunting.

http://www.facebook.com/tamingthetiger?ref=share – here’s his Facebook if anyone can pull anything from it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/07/2009 4:49am

Style: bagua

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by littleoldme View Post
    If you look at the various Tony Antony videos on youtube you can see that he does in fact give away lots of signed copies of books to children.

When I have worked with children nobody in my organisation is permitted to give personal gifts to children, for obvious boundary reasons. Any little freebies that we give to children are given only through teachers of youth workers.

Even if all of the money from Tony's book royalties go to buy more books, then Malcolm must be absolutely raking it in, as he effectively profits from the sales of the books directly through sales. He is in the enviable position of publishing Anthony's best seller and even the royalties he pays to Anthony go back into book sales. He must be laughing all the way to the bank

As for Anthony's revenue, I would have thought that most of that would come from ticket sales to evangelist events and through donations.

This is interesting

The following shows the true impact of your gift...

• £2 a month funds one prisoner per month to get a copy of Taming the Tiger
    • £3 a month funds a follow-up bag for a new Christian per month
    • £5 a month equips a person with fresh resources to share the Gospel
    • £20 a month funds 10 prisoners per month to get a copy of Taming the Tiger
    • £35 a month helps to fund a Prison Outreach Mission where the Gospel is proclaimed and the Chapel is resourced with Christian literature for the inmates
    • £85 a month helps to fund a School Outreach Mission where the Gospel is proclaimed and copies of Taming the Tiger are given to the school
    • £170 a month helps to fund mission weeks in poorer countries, where the Gospel is communicated to thousands of people

http://www.avantiministries.com/giving_financially.php

They could not afford to give away new copies of the book for £2. They use the word "get" which I would imagine means "receive on loan".

It would be interesting to know more about the business relationship between Malcolm and Tony Anthony. This looks like a very elegant and clever model for generating significant revenue.

I will await updates to Tony's website with interest
    I'm wondering whether someone at Avanti Ministries didn't like my post above

They seem to have removed the information I included in it and the page does not now work
    http://www.avantiministries.com/giving_financially.php

Maybe it's just a techincal glitch?

seems a bit strange

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/07/2009 4:53am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anthony’s story of living in the Cypratic(?) prison of Nicosia often retells the story of a run in with a guy called "Al Capone”. the two engaged in a bit of a knife fight, Anthony contemplated using his advanced Kung Fu “ear biting” technique but luckily Anthony scared him of by saying “In the name of Jesus Christ I demand you to leave me alone!”. YouTube - Tony Anthony part 3 - Walking with God about 2 minutes in.

A bit of research shows that this guy is real and a quite well known convict in Cyprus.

http://www.postimage.org/Pqk0Vdi.jpg - Picture

"CONVICTED murderer Antonis Prokopiou Kitas, better known as Al Capone... was sentenced to life imprisonment at the age of 28 in 1994 for the brutal rapes and murders of Oksana Lisna, 20, and Christina Ahfeldt, 28." – Source http://www.cyprusedirectory.com/arti...w.aspx?ID=6249

This also shows that Anthony’s prison term must have been post 1994.

I would not take the fact that Al Capone being real as being evidence for Anthony’s truthfulness given that he was the first name found when i did a Google search on Nicosian(?) inmates.

Anyone from Cyprus that can look into this? Possible prison records? If there’s any real bullies here possible contact with “Al Capone” or other inmates from around the time of Anthony’s term.

Posted On:
    10/07/2009 5:22am

Style: Les Mills Bodycombat™

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by stephenprunetti View Post
    Hi. One of the most glaring mistakes that Tony Anthony makes in his book, and there are very many, is that he stroked, even played with a wild WHITE tiger (pure, unadulterated fantasy). This is written about in the early part of his book.
    He claims this took place in the forest somewhere in Guangdong province in South China. It is easy for anyone to check in this day and age, and is an irrefutable fact that the only tigers that have ever inhabited South China, are, funnily enough, South China tigers. They are not WHITE and all authorities agree that not one specimen has been seen in the wild for at least 20 years.
    WHITE tigers are a sub-species of the Bengal tiger and are totally unknown anywhere in China.
    Tony Anthony would have maintained more credibility saying he swam the back-stroke with the Loch Ness monster. At least this claim could not be entirely disproved.
    Sincerely, Stephen Prunetti.
    You get White Siberian Tigers as well (though never heard of any in S. China) though it has only been seen in captive specimens in modern times none verified in the wild, Siberian whites have pink noses and brownish stripes and Bengals can have black, red black or even very faint browny cream stripes in rare cases (the rare so called all white variation). You ocasionaly get a pure black siberian tiger too and whites were reported in Northern China in the 1940s too.

Tiger Geek Mode off (though I still have a tattoo of a tiger on my upper left arm).

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/07/2009 5:26am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    CONVICTED murderer Antonis Prokopiou Kitas, better known as Al Capone... was sentenced to life imprisonment at the age of 28 in 1994 for the brutal rapes and murders of Oksana Lisna, 20, and Christina Ahfeldt, 28." – Source http://www.cyprusedirectory.com/arti...w.aspx?ID=6249

This also shows that Anthony’s prison term must have been post 1994.

I would not take the fact that Al Capone being real as being evidence for Anthony’s truthfulness given that he was the first name found when i did a Google search on Nicosian(?) inmates.
    Anthony was released in 1992 according to himself....

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/07/2009 5:36am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Source?

If true that proves he’s a fraud.

"Al Capone" was not in prison for rape/murder until 1994.

Capone was in jail previous to 1994, he escaped prison in 1986 when he escaped the JUVINILE WING. He was not a murder/rapist which is what Anthony always describes him as.

We need D.O.B as there is numerous possible contradictory evidence that we can’t use till we find out his D.O.B

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/07/2009 6:28am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    found a source.

Anthony was released in 1992. Since that time, he said, he has had some spiritual setbacks. "I made the mistake of assuming that God's work in one's life ends when you accept Christ."

http://www.canadianchristianity.com/cgi-bin/bc.cgi?bc/bccn/1005/06tiger

He has retold the story numerous times about fighting Capone but There is no way that he could have considering he was released in 92 and Capone wasn't in jail to 94. this is clear cut evidence that this man is a fraud.
    Last edited by filehelp; 10/07/2009 6:29am at . Reason: formatting

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/07/2009 6:54am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Last edited by filehelp; 10/07/2009 7:05am at .