Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/24/2007 5:51pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Goju Ryu, Aikido, JuJitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Whatever.....I knew you would take my post the wrong way......I didnt come to this thread to "make it about me"....I read it cause the title sounded interesting. As far as your opinions go on all the other topics....again, I really dont care....I never claimed to be a "spy" (have no idea where that one came from), and I didnt give "myself" the nickname, it was given to me by one of the other bouncers after a fight one night, as was the staff shirt he had made for me....but youre entitled to your opinion....like I said, I was just using a calculator to show how these numbers are feasable. I never "bragged" about the number of fights Ive been in, just that Ive been in nearly that many because of the job I do.....if you wanna take that as bragging, so be it, but that wasnt my intention. As far as "making a career out of bouncing"....its not my career, Ive worked plenty of "day" jobs.....bouncing is just an easy way to make several hundred dollars a week in cash....simple as that....as far as your opinions about bouncers.....yeah, there are guys that are "assholes", and that do the job for THAT reason, and they usually wind up getting fired. Im just not one of them. I dont "jump" people with 4 other guys....not my style and never has been.....when someone gets thrown out of the bar, my job doing the door left me as the last person that guy saw, and inevitably, most of those guys were pissed about being throw out, and wanted to take it out on someone....Im standing there in a staff shirt, and NOT 6'5 350 lbs, (being 6'1 220lbs makes me look relatively small, comparatively speaking), so i was the target....not my fault they made that mistake. But any fight I got into I NEVER threw the first punch (grounds for getting fired), and I always made it a point to be man enough to square off with that person one on one, without the "help" of any of the other bouncers jumping in....and for the record I NEVER said that I never lost a fight....In regards to your last "real" fight, Im sincerely glad to hear that you werent seriously injured (for real) but youre not the only person whos been confronted by an attacker with a weapon. But anyway....Like I said, I just wanted to use math to show how these numbers are concievable, I didnt mean to "hijack" your thrad, and certainly didnt mean to "make it about "me". So, with all that said, Ill let you get back to your thread about this guy and his 600 fights.....

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/24/2007 6:52pm

Style: Bujinkan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Knifehand1 -

The "spy" remark was in reference to "those things people claim that can neither be proved or disproved". You never claimed to be a spy, I merely used that in comparison.

My point in regards to sharing what I did is that you can only beat up x amount of guys before someone gets revenge, which is exactly what happened to me, which is why I *hands down* don't believe people who say "I was in x amount of fights". More than 10 serious fights in any given period means you're either in jail doing hard time, or you're in a wheel chair, based on my limited experience.

You seem to have qualified what "being in a fight" means to you so I'll leave it at that.

Posted On:
    9/25/2007 9:46am

Style: Mixed-Up Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjoo
    More than 10 serious fights in any given period means you're either in jail doing hard time, or you're in a wheel chair, ....
    or brain dead...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/25/2007 6:37pm

Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjoo
    Knifehand1 -

More than 10 serious fights in any given period means you're either in jail doing hard time, or you're in a wheel chair, based on my limited experience.
    I disagree, the guy I hung out with were in a lot of fights, much more than ten over their lives, and although they did end up in prison for other stuff, and did have guy come at them with baseball bats and the like for revenge all the time, they are alright now

I believe there are people out there who get into fights all the time and dont end up in jail or seriusly injured although alot of them probably do, i dont believe what the claims on this site say

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/25/2007 6:58pm

Style: Bujinkan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Partezan
    I disagree, the guy I hung out with were in a lot of fights, much more than ten over their lives, and although they did end up in prison for other stuff, and did have guy come at them with baseball bats and the like for revenge all the time, they are alright now

I believe there are people out there who get into fights all the time and dont end up in jail or seriusly injured although alot of them probably do, i dont believe what the claims on this site say
    You don't believe what the claims on this site say? Will you should, because they're proven 100%.

Actually 3 out of 4 readers surveyed said they believe what the claims on this site say.

But that being proven, exactly how many guys do you know that were attacked with baseball bats? And by "all the time" do you mean daily? Weekly? Monthly or just once a year?

And while we're on the subject you say that you believe there are people who get into fights all the time and don't end up in jail or injured, though some of them do. Would you care to extrapolate on your theoretical number of people that A) Get into fights but don't get injured and B) out of that same group some do get injured. How many guyz would be in the primary group as compared to the number of guyz in the secondary, or subgroup?

Also, please express the A) group as a ratio in comparison to a larger group that doesn't get into fights - just for comparison mind you.

Please.

This is too hard, look, I'll get you started. Out of 100 guyz, 50 of those (1/2) get into fights and are not injured, and out of that subgroup of 50, 30 of those actually do get injured...

Wait, this is jacked up, so the subgroup of 30 actually belong to the initial group of 100 who were never injured? No, wait, the first larger group never fought in the first place, ok - we're ok...

Now don't use my example 'cause then I know you've cheated.
    Last edited by ninjoo; 9/25/2007 7:08pm at .

Posted On:
    4/20/2010 12:29pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ, boxing, Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, just for fun... Let me tell you about my experience training with Jim West. I was stationed at Fort Bragg for a total of about 8 of my 20 years in the Army. I am a martial artist - with varying levels of seriousness over the years. I have some talent, but I am not here to impress anyone. When I am digging in and getting serious about my training, I am above average at best. Prior to joining the Army, I was in several Karate tournaments with moderate results. My best standing was taking 3rd place in the Florida state games in (apx) 1988.

I trained with Jim West some time around 1993-4. He had an academy teaching "American" Karate. The system was a "work in progress" and seemed more like kickboxing. He had no affiliation with Martial Arts associations - so his rank was never verified. He did sponsor seminars with Joe Lewis and Bill Wallace - which I attended. I was a "karate guy" that was (back then) into boxing. His system seemed to blend the two very well, so I decided to train with him.

Jim's reputation around Fayetteville was that he was retired SF. I never verified that either. I was an 82nd guy that re-enlisted to be a medic. The SF guys I knew at the time seemed to validate his claim. Some SF teams are commanded by an enlisted E-9 or Chief Warrant Officer (not enough qualified Captains). I will not bore you with the details, but "W-9" is an old school radio call sign for the senior NCO on a team. The position does require a TS (Top Secret) clearance, but to push the two together is a stretch. Word was that Jim retired as a WO commanding an SF team. It is shitty marketing. Like all good lies, this shitty marketing has a grain of truth to it.

I also agree that being a staffer during Desert Shield/Storm is not an impressive credential for a MA. Especially one who talks as much **** as I remember Jim doing.

Jim was usually rude, boastful, degrading, and condescending. Some SF types are "quite professionals" and others are total ego monkeys - just like martial artists. Jim is a total me-monkey. He was only as good as his ego could push him.

Several times when I spared with him, he would insist that we only do body shots. He would then hit me several times in the head, without head gear. If I did similar, he would say that I had a bad attitude. Another time, a wife of a friend of his was sparring too hard against me. It was obvious that she was going to get hurt. She kept kicking full force into my ribs - which caused me to block with my elbows. She was inexperienced and slight of build. I told her and Jim several times that she was going to hurt her foot - as I was not going to have broken ribs. Of course, I was a ***** for not wanting to spar with a girl who "would kick my ass". She continued to kick my elbow full force. Naturally, she broke her foot and Jim blamed me. It was common for him to blame someone for a bad attitude, when that title belonged to him.

Prior to meeting Jim, I had trained for several years in Karate and Judo. I was also an AAU ranked boxer from novice Army boxing smokers. I will not claim to be a world class training expert. However, I did (and still do) know what proper training techniques look like and he wasn't it. It was always about Jim. He often berated me for suggesting common karate training methods and techniques. He would then change his position after a seminar with Joe Lewis or Bill Wallace.

During a sparring session with him, he kicked my knee several times. I was lucky enough to get my knee bent in time. This little dance left us both open to a takedown. I did not like to spar that way - as if no one is ever going to do a takedown. Even though we both had boxing gloves, it seemed like a bad habit for self defense training.

I told him that kind of knee kick is dangerous and should not be done during routine sparring. Permanent knee injury can result and it should only be done for bona fide self-defense. After a heated discussion (I was a "*****") he insisted we settle it "man to man" in a rough sparring match. Jim was big, in good shape, moved well, and could do full (chinese) splits without warmup. To be honest, the man scared me. Since he had the habit of leaving his kicking leg up too long, I tried to kick him in the balls. Instead, I hit his inner thigh very near his groin. I then left and never saw him again. I was told that he sprained his thigh "while stretching". I don't think he fooled anyone, as he could do full cold splits.

I later heard that his academy did not do well and changed locations several times. I was also told that he ran into some legal trouble in Fayetteville and left the state (NC). I do not know those last two items for sure. They were rumors.

I can confirm that I saw him on an early UFC video. He was coaching someone and can clearly be seen. It was definitely him. I respect coaches (and military staffers) for what they do - but with all the **** Jim West talks you would think he would have done it himself. I can only assume the guy he coached had a bad attitude also.

-Den

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/20/2010 3:07pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Army Combatives, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can verify his credentials as a former SF Soldier pretty easily. I will get back to you guys on this as soon as I know something. In my experience the only people who refer to themselves or the organization as "Green Berets" are either full of **** or are actual operators who are trying to get laid.

As far as the whole Marine "War Room" thing, I can say that joint operations have only recently become moderately non-painful. For a long time it was very compartmentalized and the notion of the Marines letting an Army soldier into their planning process was very unlikely.

Posted On:
    4/21/2010 12:27am

Join us... or die
     Style: Finding You

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by den5coat View Post
    Well, just for fun... Let me tell you about my experience training with Jim West.
    I'd like to look into this some more. Specifically, I'd like enough information to look up his records.

Do you recall a middle name or middle initial? An address for any of his schools? A year or date of birth?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/21/2010 4:38pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Army Combatives, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok guys, I have done some snooping and this is what I have found. Regardless of the extreme hyperbole of the website, Jim West is a verified SF Soldier who served in 7th Group during the 80's. I have contacted some of his fellow BTDTs and they are going to try to contact him about policing up the info on the webpage. He has been verified as one tough sonuvabitch with legit MA skills. It's likely that the marketting guys got a little crazy when they made the webpage but it's still his name being put out there so I would think he will address it once his buddies contact him.

Posted On:
    4/21/2010 4:46pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Finding You

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Jim West" is a common enough name. What's his date of birth? Do you have any previous addresses on him?
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 6 LastLast