Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    9/22/2007 9:37am

Business Class Supporting Member
     NY Combat Sambo Style: combat sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    These guys fought to the death every day...
    LOLOLOL!!! Dude, that ad is so cheesy that it almost looks like a parody.

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/22/2007 10:33am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Christopher Clugston's all-new "Comhrac Bas" contains hyper-advanced "upper level" vicious and amazing fighting skills.
    It has to be a joke. "Hyper-advanced upper level vicious" sounds like a video game description.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/22/2007 2:11pm

Style: Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShark
    I thought this was Jim west?

No, this is James West

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/22/2007 5:57pm

Style: Boxing, MMA/MT/BJJ n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    All the other b.s. flags aside, who the **** has time to even get into 600 fights?

C.E. B.S.net Ambassador

Posted On:
    9/23/2007 6:16am

supporting member
     Style: (Beautiful) Spring Roll

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by meggaman7
    All the other b.s. flags aside, who the **** has time to even get into 600 fights?
    Life is a question of priorities, you know...

CLICK & WATCH
    :
    I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

"Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid **** back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce.
    " - by Vorpal

Posted On:
    9/23/2007 9:48am

Style: Mixed-Up Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop
    No, this is James West

...same guy, but with a tan...

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/23/2007 1:12pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Goju Ryu, Aikido, JuJitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjoo

This 600 fights - bullshit. I don't care what anyone says or claims. I've heard "hundreds of fights, thousands of spars" from a x-kan guy, "1000's of bar fights" from someone currently being investigated, and now "600-0" from Jim West..
    Ninjoo......Im not here to get involved in this thread.....I just happened to be scrolling around and noticed it so I gave it a brief read....
    Im going to assume that the "1000's of bar fights from a guy currently being investigated would be referring to me.
    Please allow me to explain how I arrived at this "rough" number.
    This is strictly in regards to working bar and niteclub security and has nothing to do with the "count" from all the years of tournament fighting (which, in all fairness, is a "controlled environment", but "fights" nonetheless.

I have been doing bar/niteclub security for 22 years. This is how I arrived at that (again) "rough" number.
    Multiplying the 22 years by 52 weeks comes out to 1144 weeks. Working an average of anywhere from 3-6 nites a week (but lets just use 3 nites a week to account for time off here and there), that comes out to 3432 nites. At the bars I worked at, we would conservatively have anywhere between 0 and (again for easy numbers, lets say 3) fights a weekend. And thats being VERY conservative. Using the number "3" per weekend, thats 1144 fights, again, a VERY conservative number, since I sometimes worked as many as 6 nites a week, which would be 2288 fights. Now , of course, not every fight was a "knock down, drag out, beat you to a bloody pulp fight", but a good portion of them were.
    My job as a bouncer was NOT about fighting, it was about DEescalating a given situation so as to NOT have a fight occur, and avoid ABC reports, nevertheless, as evenings progress, the more alcohol that flowed turned normal people into morons....thats just the nature of the business, as Im sure there are plenty of people on this site who have been/are bouncers will tell you.
    This doesnt even count the number of fights I was in while tournament fighting (which again, is different, since its a controlled environment, but, as I said, fights nontheless......Its really just a simple matter of math.
    Do you have to believe me ?....NO....Do you ?....probably not....I really dont care, but like I said, its just a matter of simple math, over the course of 22 years. Simply put.....do something long enough, and the numbers just add up over time.
    I didnt get the nickname "Sandman" because I fell asleep at work. As I said....Do you have to believe me ?....NO.....and whether or not you do, doesnt matter to me at all, I just wanted to go through the numbers on a calculator so you could see how these numbers could very concieveably be the truth.

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    9/24/2007 8:23am

Business Class Supporting Member
     NY Combat Sambo Style: combat sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ninjoo......Im not here to get involved in this thread.....
    Knifehand,

Seems like you are...and I think you are getting overly defensive here. You were not mentioned by name and I have personally seen many people questioned on this board in regards to claims of hundreds or thousands of bar fights (or any fights for that matter). It is not all about you. And, even if he was referring to you, which is not clear, please do not derail this thread by making it about you. In the other thread you complain about being "investigated", yet you come on this thread and give folks a brand new opportunity to discuss you. Makes no sense.

Zombie Herald

Posted On:
    9/24/2007 10:09am

supporting member
     Style: Alliance BJJ (Blue)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How did you become Jim West?

Identity theft?

Ban plz!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/24/2007 11:09am

Style: Bujinkan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by knifehand1
    Ninjoo......Im not here to get involved in this thread.....I just happened to be scrolling around and noticed it so I gave it a brief read....
    Im going to assume that the "1000's of bar fights from a guy currently being investigated would be referring to me.
    Please allow me to explain how I arrived at this "rough" number.
    This is strictly in regards to working bar and niteclub security and has nothing to do with the "count" from all the years of tournament fighting (which, in all fairness, is a "controlled environment", but "fights" nonetheless.

I have been doing bar/niteclub security for 22 years. This is how I arrived at that (again) "rough" number.
    Multiplying the 22 years by 52 weeks comes out to 1144 weeks. Working an average of anywhere from 3-6 nites a week (but lets just use 3 nites a week to account for time off here and there), that comes out to 3432 nites. At the bars I worked at, we would conservatively have anywhere between 0 and (again for easy numbers, lets say 3) fights a weekend. And thats being VERY conservative. Using the number "3" per weekend, thats 1144 fights, again, a VERY conservative number, since I sometimes worked as many as 6 nites a week, which would be 2288 fights. Now , of course, not every fight was a "knock down, drag out, beat you to a bloody pulp fight", but a good portion of them were.
    My job as a bouncer was NOT about fighting, it was about DEescalating a given situation so as to NOT have a fight occur, and avoid ABC reports, nevertheless, as evenings progress, the more alcohol that flowed turned normal people into morons....thats just the nature of the business, as Im sure there are plenty of people on this site who have been/are bouncers will tell you.
    This doesnt even count the number of fights I was in while tournament fighting (which again, is different, since its a controlled environment, but, as I said, fights nontheless......Its really just a simple matter of math.
    Do you have to believe me ?....NO....Do you ?....probably not....I really dont care, but like I said, its just a matter of simple math, over the course of 22 years. Simply put.....do something long enough, and the numbers just add up over time.
    I didnt get the nickname "Sandman" because I fell asleep at work. As I said....Do you have to believe me ?....NO.....and whether or not you do, doesnt matter to me at all, I just wanted to go through the numbers on a calculator so you could see how these numbers could very concieveably be the truth.
    While I appreciate your math skills, what you're describing isn't what most consider a "fight". And this is where YOU get into trouble here on Bullshido Master Jules - with your marketing deception.

Bouncers don't fight, they bounce, (wait, you already said that didn't you?) and yet you attempt to paint a picture with those very statistics that you are some immense undefeated fighter by stating you've been in 1000's a fights. This is the same marketing methodology you use when you say you're in law enforcement because someone made you a member of the Hawaiian SPCC. It's all about your myspace, and your hyperbolic self-promotion. We now know that all that crap about being in law enforcement by way of the SPCC - it's complete crap. And we have yet to see any real proof that you've even MET someone from the Secret Service.

And in terms of how you got the name "sandman", I suspect you gave that name to yourself.

By the way Jules, speaking from personal experience, the last real fight I was in I ended up being ambushed and stabbed in the shoulder with a fucking screwdriver (I suspected he was aiming for my neck). I survived the fight, and then left town.

22 years as a bouncer? What kind of fucking loser would make a career out of bouncing? In 22 years someone is going to shoot your fucking ass in the parking lot for being an asshole, since pretty much all bouncers are assholes who just want to kick ass - in gangs of course.

The more I hear from you, the less I believe. I'm starting to think you're a sysadmin from a health insurance company some where.

You should have stuck with your own thread. Bragging about the number of fights you were in is on the same level as bragging about being a spy - it's unprovable, and it shows a complete lack of character - EVEN if it's true. Real men don't brag about how many fights they were in, period. Only those with failing self-esteem and a poor self-image do that.

"Martial arts is like religion - it's makes good people better, and bad people worse"
    Last edited by ninjoo; 9/24/2007 11:18am at .
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 56 LastLast