Hell yeah! Hell no!

How do Chameleon Circuit?

Posted On:
    9/22/2007 1:34am

Style: jkd

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Interesting. Here's some more:

CONCLUSION: Immediate post-exercise provision of either milk (MLK), or a content-matched soy drink (PEC), as well as provision of equivalent energy, as maltodextrin, (CON) resulted in similar increases in mass, FBFM, and strength. Our study demonstrates that intact dietary proteins from milk and soy are effective in supporting hypertrophy. Moreover, when given equivalent energy immediately post-exercise, proteins consumed as part of a normal diet, outside of the immediate post-exercise period are sufficient for hypertrophic and strength gains.
    http://www.ms-se.com/pt/re/msse/fulltext.00005768-200405001-00198.htm;jsessionid=G0xLGNQZnr782gN8WJXvpTCnh1Ycv 1xvQVJ1WC12VZkRvR7Q2jxs!1300892514!181195629!8091!-1

Soy milk intake was not associated with serum concentrations of testosterone, free testosterone, androstanediol glucuronide, sex hormone-binding globulin, or luteinizing hormone. These results suggest that soy milk intake, as a marker of isoflavone intake, is not associated with serum sex hormone concentrations among free-living Western men.
    http://www.leaonline.com/doi/abs/10....journalCode=nc

Only three intervention studies reported hormonal effects of soy isoflavones in men. These recent studies in men consuming soyfoods or supplements containing 4070 mg/d of soy isoflavones showed few effects on plasma hormones or semen quality. These data do not support concerns about effects on reproductive hormones and semen quality.
    http://jn.nutrition.org/cgi/content/abstract/132/3/570S

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/30/2007 10:49pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake
    You know, I want to take you to task for painting with a broad brush. Yet, I watched my entire Mcdojo go pussified after the Heads went Vegan. We went from bare knuckle medium contact 30-40 minutes on a daily basis, to 20% sparring and 2-3 rounds. In other words 10 minutes or less.

Yes, we wised up and bought gear and spent medium to hard contact before they went Vegan.

After we were a forms orginization with play fighting.
    While there might be some truth to some of this anti-soy hype, I think it's also important to distinguish between a correlation vs. a cause and effect relationship. Anyone who is an extremist in their political views, dietary practices, etc. are IMO on the outside edges of the bell curve in the first place, and probably don't represent most of us. In other words, they are probably extremists in all areas of their lives, so comparing their degree of pussification to the rest of us is probably not an accurate measure.

Just my 2 cents as a (hopefully not too pussified), non-extremist vegetarian.

Bullshido Wikipedia Delegate

Posted On:
    9/30/2007 11:52pm

supporting memberhall of fameBullshido Newbie
     Style: Krav / (Kick)Boxing / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BSD brought up Mac Danzig. Danzig still gets a high amount of protein in his diet, but his protein comes predominately from....

....wait for it....

...rice.

http://www.nutribiotic.com/riceprotein.htm

GIJoe6186 like boys, mainly his brother

Posted On:
    10/01/2007 3:30am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rice milk tastes good and should be an alternative to soy milk. Although rice milk has almost no protein in it (1 gram per cup I think), but you are onlyusing it for taste so who cares.

Also, prepackaged chocolate soymilk is awesome.

Y SO SRIUS?

Posted On:
    10/01/2007 5:58am

supporting member
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ironlurker
    I asked him and he said he knew nothing about your sperm count

I asked for that didnt I?

Damn you.... :)
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123